I Just Had to Lick the Cookie, Didn't I?

Teasing to Please (Left Side, Strong Side)

This is a hint that you take
And you pull and you find a way out of what you got yourself into
But when you try
But when you try to get out you'll never find
That most definitely I will be attracted to you
If you pick my left side
Because you know how we do, we do


"So, is there a reason you were out in the woods all alone?" Milo whispered. He was next to me at the huge dinner table. Our mothers were deep in conversation. Charlie and Jane were both discretely sneaking vegetables onto their grandparents' plates. William and Will were chatting about some sort of laws...

"Nothing you need to know about." I replied taking a very small piece of trout in my mouth.

"But I wantto know." He sounded so innocent. I turned to glare at him, but it just sort of ended up as a stare. He was frickin' gorgeous. Nothing like handsome Cadan/Will. Milo was model gorgeous. Damn the world... I gulped and got over it.

"Fine, my mother was being a bitch." It's the truth.

"Harsh, my dear. May I ask what about?" His green eyes glistened with curiosity.

"Yes, you may, but that doesn't mean I have to answer." Milo turned away, no longer interested.

"...Linkin Park? At least that's what I think it is. It's so loud and unnerving. She listens to some Hawthorne Heights figures too, too much screaming for me..." My mother's voice broke through to me. For some odd reason that bit of her conversation made it to my ears. Snot bag. What else was there to do but scoff?

Milo chuckled, "You listen to Linkin Park?" That Caroline lady definitely gave allof her children that perfect smile. It was so...sexy? On him, anyways.

"Do you have a problem with that?" I asked poking the fish. Ew.

"Not unless you find them more attractive than me." Somehow, I found that very flirtatious. Why anyone from planet earth would flirt with me, is unknown. He must be from Neptune, possibly Venus. Unless he just wants to get laid, because then he's just being really cocky, and he's shit out of luck. "You don't, do you?" He asked with more seriousness than before. I laughed that he was seriously serious. "I'll take that as a no."

"Actually, I find the lyrics extremely sexy, so unless you can do a better job, you'd better pack up and move on." Milo sighed.

"Would you give me a chance, or do I have to break out in song right here, right now?" Holding back laughter, I pondered the question.

"It depends on when I can fit you in." I gave him a formal look. He seemed to glow with fake appreciation,

"When's the best time?" His voice dripped with pretend excitement. The story of my life: fake... Again, I 'pondered'.

"Whenever you can find time to visit." I smiled. Holy shit. That needs to stop. So, I put that smile away. No frowns upside down here. No sir. Not me. I'm unhappy, remember. That never happened... That smile's in my jeans' pocket at home, not close at hand at all. Not. At. All.

"Adriaan," my mother called. "Did you just smile?" Fuck. I turned to give her a death glare. She was glowing, so wasn't everyone with their perfection. I hate them all.

"No," I said flatly. Please, let the depression over come me. Quickly would be nice.

"Yes you did." She smiled, baring her white teeth. Stupid... Her gaze turned to Milo, which made her smile bigger. This isn't what it looks like. "You made her smile." Poor guy. He's probably utterly confused and lost. Can't say I blame him.

"They both smiled. That's new." Caroline nodded in thought. Okay. Anyway...

"And now, dessert." An accented male voice filled the room. My plate, along with everyone else's, was cleared. A giant tray of desserts was placed on the table. Most of it looked like that nasty Italian crap. Those gross excuses for cookies.

"Want anything?" Milo asked quietly. I shook my head and he shrugged. A second later he was taking a bite of an M&M cookie. Where. Did. That. Come. From? I'm a sucker for those things... I ripped that baby from his hand before he had a chance to take another bite. He bit down on air and turned to me. Half of the cookie was in my mouth. I swallowed at his saddened expression. Milo pouted. "Those are my favorite." I choked. No way? Ha, ha. It's mine now. Now, what would any immature---almost---seventeen year old do? Lick the cookie. Yes, my friends, I said lick the cookie. "Hey," he whined as he tried to take it back.

After another lick, I handed it to him. "Still want it?" Of course he wouldn't wa- He just took it. He just took the cookie that I licked, twice! And ate it! Oh dear.

"My cookie," he pouted. I pretended to be sad. Well, about to cry, sad. I even threw in a little pout of my own.

"That was mean." Milo stared like he didn't care. "Get me another one," I ordered like a child. When I turned to point at the dessert tray, everyone was staring at us. Staring, as in burning holes into your head. Milo turned to look too, when I didn't point. Oh dear Christ, save me.

Everything was so awkward after that. We all went back to the sitting room to chat some more. How fun. The Boones and my mom were talking about...stuff. The older Boones went up to bed three minutes ago. I guess old people get tired early, huh?

"...boyfriend." I looked up. Jane was talking with Milo, who was across from us. Will and Charlie were playing rock, paper, scissors.

"You don't, huh?" Milo asked. I tore my gaze from the fascinating game to look at him.

"What?" I asked dumbfounded.

"You don't have a boyfriend?" Milo rephrased. I shook my head.

"Not anymore." I sighed. He nodded in understanding.

"Because of the move, right?" What? No.

"No, it was before that." Why the hell are we talking about this?

"Well, we really must be going," my mom bubbled. Holy crow. What got into her? "Come on honey, I'm sure daddy's home." She made her way over to me. Milo seemed amused. Jane was a little confused, and Will and Charlie were too engrossed to notice. "Hope to see you again soon!" She called as we exited to sitting room. What just happened?

As soon as I was in the car I unplugged my iPod, I'm really not in the mood. My mom got in and started the car. She still seemed a little elated. Creepy.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked. Seriously, she isn't faking.

"Oh, nothing." She smiled at me. Shit. I'm afraid. Where has my mother gone?