I Just Had to Lick the Cookie, Didn't I?

Free Again

We are out of our minds
We cant live this way forever, forever
So run, run with me from the ordinary
Its our time to escape lose ourselves

If we can find a way to break this chain
Within this natural cycle
Leave your answers behind we'll be there to decide
If we can find the strength to go our own way, go our own way
It will take your breath away; will take your breath away

We are out of our minds
We cant live this way forever, forever
So run, run with me from the ordinary
Come on it's our time to escape lose ourselves

We finally found a way to make the change we'll make the change together
We finally found the strength to go our own way to go our own way

Now we re free again, we are free again, we are free again

Do I have your attention?
Look what we can create
It will take your breath away; will take your breath away, away
Do I have your attention?
Now's our time to escape
Found strength to go our own way

Now we are free again, we are free again, again
Now we are free again, we are free again; again, again, we are free again

---------

Everything is in order. The decorations are perfect, the caterer is coming at ten and the photographer will be here at two. Everyone is coming and the dogs will be here for the whole thing. This is going to be perfect. I'm satisfied with everything that's happened.

Gary helped me plan the whole wedding, and after a very nasty fight the Boones agreed to pay for the entire thing. That's a story for another time. If you can imagine, the news of the engagement didn't go over too well with them.

Milo and I have been impatiently waiting for this day for months and I can't believe that it's finally here. Not to mention I want it to be over with because, quite frankly, I can't stand being away from him. You know, the groom can't see the bride before the wedding superstition... Dumb.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god... Adriaan, you are so freaking beautiful it's ridiculous!" Gary giggles. "This dress was basically made for you before we ever met! How funny. You know, I'm so happy that Milo met you. I can't picture him with anyone else at all. You're practically soul mates," Gary tells me excitedly. "And remember, I'm Uncle Gary to the kids."

"And I'm Uncle John," John adds from fixing my bouquet across the room.

"Obviously," I tell them. "You're the best friends I've ever met in my life and I would never throw that away. You'll be there for every step, I promise."

"Perfect!" both of them shout at the same time for a number of reasons. One is to express their happiness for being a part of their future nieces' and nephews' lives and the others are to express their joy in finishing what they were doing ten seconds ago.

"The bouquet is done and beautiful," John says. I smile and take it from him. It is beautiful. We chose ivory roses and white lilies.

"Your dress is as fabulous as ever, woman of the day," Gary announces. I smile and thank him.

"Let me see that ring again, please," John says. I laugh and slip off my engagement ring so John can look at it. "Milo is a man with great taste. He's marrying the most beautiful girl ever and look at this thing! It looks like it's worth a million dollars!"

"I doubt Milo would purchase something that outrageous. Even he isn't retarded," I say.

"Very true," John agrees. "Nonetheless, it's expensive and absolutely stunning."

"Let's go see the bride's maids!" Gary exclaims and snatches my hand. I carefully trot after him in heels and holding my delicate bouquet in a gentle way.

We enter through a door and are met with the mass confusion of makeup artists and clothing specialists frantically rushing around five beautiful models. Understand that Gary wanted to handpick my bride's maids from his models because I honestly have no friends. So that's what he did and here they are. People I've met many, many times, but don't quite consider them my friends yet. I like them all though. They're all blonde and slightly darker in skin tone than I am. Milo's groom's men are essentially the same. We only got to pick our maid of honor and best man. I chose Elise and he chose Gary, obviously. We're happy.

Speaking of Elise, I'll fill you in. Cadan didn't necessarily see the error of his ways or anything, but he did realize something. I guess it just hit him one day---with a little assistance from Elise---that William is a complete ass and a horrible father (in a sense). When Cadan realized that he thought long and hard about it and came to the conclusion that he didn't want his children to have the same harsh life that he and his brothers did---Jane and Charlie are doing fine now. So, Cadan chose to abandon his inheritance of 'the firm' and told his father to leave it all to Milo. Now Cadan is simply a lawyer and has every intention of being the best father and husband he can be. (He still kind of hates Milo though, this isn't a miracle.)

Needless to say Milo's sort of upset about that. Now he can only work as a neurologist for a while before he has to take over everything from his dad. He's also mad that he'll have twice the workload now, but no matter. Today is a happy day. Smile.

It is December twenty-second and I am marrying Maelogan Madden Boone at four o'clock. And together we're leaving to our new home in Minnesota to start a whole new life with each other. It is so not too good to be true because it is AMAZING and it is HAPPENING and NOTHING can change that. EVER GOD DAMN IT!

Deep breath... Okay.

The music starts to play and I feel my heart clench and my stomach flip. Hakim---yes, my brother, another long story---pats my arm and starts to lead me through the doorway. Everyone is looking at me and even through this funny looking veil thing I can make out how beautiful everything is.

There's a white runner over the hard white marble floor and pretty light pink rose petals all over. At the other end of the room there are big huge windows that show it's sunset and snow is all over the place. Everything is white, which is just what I wanted.

I gulp as I see Milo standing tall and handsome and can't help but wonder how I ever got so lucky.

Hakim and I finally reach Milo where my brother releases my arm and shares a brief civil moment with Milo. Gulping, I smile shyly as Milo takes my hands in his and grins at me. Leo and Fox are at our feet and watching patiently for everything to end happily.

The music stops.

"Good evening everyone. By the request of our soon-to-be newlyweds we've come here to witness this marriage. This evening we will only be here for a short while seeing as the couple before me wishes for this ceremony to be short and sweet. It is now time for the couple to recite their very own vows to one another. Please, take it away Miss Ryker," the Justice of the Peace introduces.

I laugh awkwardly and glance down to the floor.

"I love you, and that's all that matters. I love you down to the core of my soul, nothing can or will ever change that and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Nothing anyone says can ever make me think anything different than what I do today, Milo, and I know---we know that this is real and always will be real and I will love you until the end of eternity more than any number of words could ever express. I love you," I blubber and laugh happily. Milo smiles and gives my hands squeezes.

"Maelogan," the Justice prompts.

"Adriaan Ryker, you are my soul mate. From day one I've known that something would become of our relationship, although I never expected it to be like this. Never in a million years, but I can't say I'm not utterly thrilled about the whole idea. We're so incredibly alike it baffles me and often times I can't help but wonder how I ever got so lucky to find you..." Milo takes a breath and squeezes my hands even tighter. I've been crying so hard I can hardly breathe, but all I can focus on are the words coming out of his perfect mouth. "We have been through hell and back and that is proof enough for me that together we can survive anything. There's nothing that could possibly make our lives any worse than they've been this past year, but even through all of this there's that one good thing. All of the horrible things we've experienced just made it clearer to see that together we have something beautiful and we would have to be complete idiots to ignore this. This, what we're doing today, is going to be the best thing that either of us will ever do because I know from experience that I can't live without you, even just for a minute. Adriaan, saying I love you doesn't even come close to what I feel for you, but it will have to do until we find something even better."

Knowingly Milo puts my wedding band on and then I do the same to him.

"Congratulations, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the---" the Justice starts, but before he can even finish Milo has my veil flipped over my head and is kissing me so gently and sweetly I'm blown away.

The room erupts into clapping and a few cheers, the dogs bark and Milo takes my hand. Together we elatedly walk back down the runner out of the room with huge smiles on our faces and a crowd of guests following behind. Needless to say, that was perfect.

"So what are your plans for this evening?" Gary asks suggestively, taking a sip of his wine and smirking. John giggles and does the same. Milo chuckles and shakes his head without breaking his steady circular motion of his thumb rubbing over the top of my hand under the table.

"Get your mind out of the gutter, would you?" Milo asks. Gary shakes his head.

"Nope. I'm talking to two virgins that just married each other. You're in for some interesting experiences... Just saying," he sighs. John covers his mouth and giggles some more.

"Gary, we're virgins, not morons," I tell him sweetly. He raises an eyebrow and smirks.

"Oh my god, I'd pay a zillion dollars to see this!" Gary exclaims. Both him and John are laughing loudly and I look to my lap, blushing.

"Because that isn't creepy or anything..." Milo tells him sarcastically.

"I don't think so..." Gary jokes.

"Just eat your effing dinner, Gary," Milo scolds lightheartedly. I look back up and join them in laughing for a few seconds before we're disrupted. Hakim is standing over Milo and only briefly glances at me to offer a smile.

"Maelogan---" Hakim starts.

"Milo. Call me Milo, we're family now, remember?"

"Yea, right. Milo, could I speak with you for a second?" my brother asks, gesturing to one of the doors that leads into a hallway. Milo nods and turns to me.

"I'll be right back, I promise," Milo assures me and kisses my cheek before standing up and leaving the table. He and Hakim walk to the door and I glumly look to Gary and John, who are both gawking.

"You're brother is hot, Adriaan," John says. I roll my eyes.

"So I've heard..." I mumble.

MILO'S POV

"Look, Hakim, I know how much you love Adriaan, but you have to trust that I'll take care of her. You have to believe that," I tell him. He sighs.

"I know," he replies sincerely, looking me straight in the eye. Surprising. "I wanted to talk to you, alone, and apologize for everything. Adriaan has forgiven me, but I won't be comfortable until you do too. I know I'm an ass and I'm arrogant and I assume and jump to conclusions way too quickly, but Adriaan and I are---were so close. She's my baby sister and I hated seeing her so broken."

I nod.

"I also understand that you aren't anything like I expected you to be. You're not some cocky celebrity that craves the spotlight or any of that. You're actually just the guy I pictured Adriaan getting married to. I'm truly sorry for the pain that I've caused the both of you, really I am."

"Okay. Thank you for that Hakim. I really appreciate it, I do."

"You're a great guy Milo; I'm glad all of this worked out for the two of you."

"Me too. I'd be alone and depressed for the rest of my life otherwise..."

"I'm pretty sure Adriaan would have been too," he agrees. "Speaking of whom, you might want to get back to her. And...I know this is a little creepy, but...be gentle with her, would you? Don't ruin her special day..."

"I won't," I assure him.

"Welcome to our wonderful new home, Mrs. Maelogan Boone," I whisper in Adriaan's ear. She's in my arms and her head is on my shoulder as we cross the threshold into our new house. We've finished all of the decorating and such, but we haven't been living here yet. Now we are.

"You know, you're such a nerd," she laughs and tightens her grip around my neck ever so slightly.

"I get that a lot," I sigh. We both laugh a little. "I'll race you upstairs," I tell her. She eyes me carefully and wiggles her way out of my arms. Once she's on the ground she smiles devilishly and shoves my shoulder.

"You're on," she laughs and turns to start running up our staircase. I let her get a head start as I watch her running in her big white dress. At the top she turns around and gives me a knowing look.

"Mister Boone, I suggest you get your ass moving before I elect to let you spend the night all alone," she growls playfully. I smile and race after her. Adriaan squeals and starts running again.

A door slams and I chuckle. Adriaan's shoes are laying on the floor. I hear footsteps behind me and spin around. I see Adriaan tip-toeing away from an open door. Stupid alternate exits... She's ditched her big dress and is running around in her underwear, typical.

She disappears through another door and I quietly follow, taking off my own shoes. It appears as though no one is in our bedroom, but I know better. I close the door and inch my way to the bed. I peek underneath and am surprised to find she isn't there.

"I win," she whispers and I hear her leap onto the bed. When I look up I see she's lounging casually on top of the covers with a smile on her face.

"You play dirty," I accuse her.

"Eh," she shrugs.

"Can you believe it?" I ask softly, taking off my suit jacket and crawling up next to her. She takes my hand and rests her head on my chest.

"Which part?" she inquires.

"The part where somehow we met and ended up this in love," I say.

"Nope, but I'm not sure that feeling will ever go away," she sighs.

"Me either..."

"Let's forget about and get this show on the road," she demands sweetly.

"If you insist," I sigh and flick the lights off.

"Yep."
♠ ♠ ♠
END!

Can't get enough?

Soooooooooooooooooo? =D Review please. This is the last chapter. If you're reading Shadows of Ivory you know that Milo and Adriaan are brought up briefly in a conversation, they WILL, I repeat WILL make a few cameo appearances. I'll put which chapters their in up somewhere when I get to it, if you don't want to read the whole story. Thank you so much for your time and sticking with the whole story, I appreciate it so, so much.

Much love,

Alyssa.