Free fallin'

Three

I sighed and rested my head against my horn in the car. I was parked outside my house. What was up with Nick? He hadn’t ever been like that, ever. Since last week, he had been snapping at all of us. Even Frankie, when he needed help with his homework. There was something wrong with him, and I needed to know what it was. I guess I was leaning against the horn too hard as it went off, scaring the crap out of me. I lifted my head off the steering wheel as someone tapped on the window. I sighed and opened my car door.
“ What?” I hissed at my twin brother, Bradley, as he bent I sighed. He always saw me at my worst. Red eyes, pyjamas and the worst hair in the world. I wiped my eyes with my hoodie, which coincidently I stole from Nick.
“ What’s up, baby sister? Do I need to get Adam out here?” Bradley asked, raising an eyebrow at me. I sighed, getting out of the car and slamming the door. Bradley sighed and looked at me.
“ Riley, what happened?” He asked, grabbing hold of my arm. I spun around in his grip.
“ Nothing! Okay? Just leave me alone!” I screamed at him, pulling my arm away from him. I stormed into the house, and straight up the stairs into Bradley’s and my room. I cursed my dad for getting a smaller house when mum…died. I slammed the door behind me, throwing myself onto my bed. I wrapped my arms around my pillow, sticking my face into it. I heard a sigh from the doorway, but I just ignored it.
“ Riley, sweetie, what’s up?” Adam said. I turned over to look at my 24 year-old brother. It must be some special reason he was here, he spends a lot of time with his heavily pregnant girlfriend.
“ Just nothing. Leave it okay? It will work all out in the end.” I said, sitting up and hugging the pillow to my chest.
“Are you sure? You don’t look okay.” Adam said, sitting on my bed. I shrugged my shoulders.
“ My best friend is moving to England in two days. My other best friend, who I happen to like way too much as a friend, is being a total dick towards all of us, and Joe’s going out with the biggest slag in the world!” I cried. Adam sighed and sat next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I had a sudden urge to shrug him off, im not a fan of mushy family love. But I didn’t. I just cried into his t-shirt.
“ Livvy,” Adam used my nickname from when we were younger, as he couldn’t say Riley. “ Nick just needs to open his eyes and see what’s in front of him. You are awesome, okay? Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. You are my baby sister, and we have to stick together.” Adam kissed my forehead. I sighed.
“ What about Steph and the England thing?!” I said, laughing softly. Adam smiled and shrugged his shoulders.
“ We can work around the time difference.” He replied.
“ And Joe and his slagy girlfriend?”
“ We can let him figure that out for himself.”

I sat in bed. Everyone else in the house was conked out. Bradley was snoring from the bed beside me. I sighed and got out of my own, leaving the warthog alone. I slid on my slippers and wandered downstairs, taking my phone with me. I sat on the couch, turning on the TV. Disney Channel was the last programme on, which was kinda weird. I sighed as Nick’s face popped onto the screen, singing to Give Love A Try. I laughed, ironically, at the song, shaking my head. I rubbed my forehead, pushing my fringe out of my eyes. I need a haircut, I decided, trying to get the singing Frizz-ball out of my head. My phone buzzed, making me jump. Who on earth was texting me at 1:30am?! I sighed, picking up my phone.
Are you awake? – Nick.
I sighed and was reluctant to text back. My fingers, angrily, ran over the keys.
Can’t sleep. What about you? What do you want Nick? – Riley.
I tossed my phone up in the air until it vibrated mid-air. I felt like a ninja, which put me in a good mood.
Same reason. Look Riley, im sorry about earlier. My levels were playing, which made me in a bad mood. Sorry I took it out on you. –Nick.
I was shocked, he couldn’t use that excuse all week.
Is that your excuse for all last week as well? Snapping at all of us, Nick? Because if it is, it’s pathetic. – Riley.
The ninja thing had worn off, and I felt mad. He was blaming it on his Diabetes? I know he can have terrible mood swings, but it lasts for a couple of hours. But for a week? It just doesn’t make sense.
No, the reason I’ve been snapping for the last week is unexplainable. Im sorry? – Nick.
No, Nick. Just stop with the apologies. Im not taking it anymore. – Riley.

I fell asleep on the couch, after finally realizing Nick wasn’t going to text me back. I sighed as I sat up. One more day with Steph… I shook the thought out of my head and tried to smile. It failed.
Still helping me pack? :( - Stephy!
I laughed to myself. Shaking my head, I replied.
As long as there is bubble wrap, im there. ;) – Riley!
♠ ♠ ♠
Well well well. :)
Three chapters, one comment. Whoa...dont we feel loved. :/