Free fallin'

Seven.

Steph was gone. She had left…my best friend. Gone. I wiped my tears once more, not taking my eyes off the road. I could hear Joe sniffling in the back of my car. I hated seeing him like this, he never got to say goodbye. That made me cry even more. I wiped my eyes once again; they seemed to be really sore.
“ Riley.” Nick said, looking at me. He was the only one who called me Riley these days. As I stopped at the traffic lights, I looked over at him.
“ S’okay. You gunna be okay without her.” He said. I scoffed and put my foot down on the gas.
“ What do you know?” I muttered under my breath. I pulled into our road as fast as I could without getting arrested. I swung my car onto my drive and both boys jumped out as fast as they could. I slowly climbed out, allowing the cool breeze to hit my skin. I folded my arms across my chest as I walked up to the front door. I quickly wiped my eyes and ran my fingers through my hair. As I went for the door handle, the other side opened. I looked up to see Bradley standing there.
“ Twin telepathy.” He said, as if it was just a casual conversation. I promised myself at the airport that I wouldn’t cry. Too late… I walked into his open arms and let myself cry against his t-shirt. He shut the door behind him. Adam came running towards us out of the lounge, hugging the both of us.
“ S’okay Liv. Everything’s gunna be okay.” He said, rubbing my back. I stifled a giggle.
“ Gee, thanks Adam.” I replied, laughing through the tears.

Honestly, I never cried. The most I’ve ever cried was when they told me my mum had died. I was 12. One night, dad and Adam woke me and Bradley up, rushing us. We didn’t know what had happened until we got to the hospital. And there she was, lying still. She was covered in bruises and cut, but apart from that, she looked good. They explained to us that on her way home from work, a drunken truck-driver hit her. While the doctors explained all the technical stuff, I couldn’t get my head around it. My mum was one of the most carefullest drivers you would ever meet; it would annoy my dad to death. It’d always make me laugh. But when they told us she had gone, I bolted. I couldn’t stay in there. I ran to the Jonas’s. Even though their house was 10 blocks away. I just kept running, as if a voice in my head kept telling me to. I arrived at their door, breathing like a crazy loon. No wonder everyone looked scared when they opened the door. And it was 3am…that didn’t help either. I mangered to stutter out the fact that she had died. The first thing that happened? Nick pulled my into this massive, air-restricting hug, rubbing my back, telling me ‘everything was gunna be okay.’ And he was right, it was okay. That’s the person I need to tell me everything was gunna be okay. Nick Jonas.

I sat up from my bed. There’s where the both of them had taken me. To my bed. Which is in my room. Which has photos of me and Steph up. I looked at a load of them, and I burst into tears again. I climbed off my bed, grabbing my phone and house keys, and bolted out of the house. Adam, Bradley and Adam’s girlfriend, Tilley were all yelling after me. I don’t know why, they must have known where I was going. I ran inside the Jonas’s house, throwing my shoes against the floor. I took the stairs two by two, the cold air making the tears on my cheeks feel freezing. I pushed Nick’s bedroom door open. He was lying on his bed, strumming his guitar. He took one look at me and placed it on the floor, standing up. He practically ran towards me, wrapping both arms around my waist. I hid my face in the crook of his neck as he shut the door with his foot.
“ Riley…” He whispered. I shook my head, making Nick shudder. He rubbed my back, softly.
“ It’s going to be okay, I promise you.” He whispered. He let my go slowly, and took my hand. He lied down on his pillow, allowing me to lie on his chest. He entwined our fingers at my side, his thumb softly rubbing mine. After everything that’s happened in the last two days, I’ve forgotten it. I didn’t care, Nick was my angel. Whenever I needed him, he was there. He gave my hand a soft squeeze.
“ Im sorry, Liv.” He said. I shook my head, letting more tears run down my cheek.
“ Don’t worry. Im sorry too, Nick.” I replied. He sighed, softly. I looked up. A soft smile was placed on his lips. I gave him a weak one back, placing my head back onto his chest.

I concentrated on Nick’s breathing, not letting any memories of Steph come through. I needed her right here, to tell her how much im in love with Nick, and then let her tease me about it all day. A small sigh escaped my lips. Nick slowly sat up, which meant I had to.
“ I know, Livvy, that things aren’t going to be the same without Steph. I mean, you can’t go shopping with her anymore, or talk about fit guys, or even wind up Joe. But im going to try.” Nick said, brushing my side fringe out of the way. I gave him a smile.
“ We can go shopping with each other, and wind up Joe. But no way am I going to talk boys with you, Nicholas.” I replied, laughing. I looked down, playing with the bottom of my shirt. Two of Nick’s fingers were tucked under my chin and he lifted my head up. I looked up at his brown eyes, they always told everyone how he feels. Nick sighed softly.
“ Everything is going to be okay, Liv.” He said.
“ Everything is going to be okay…” He whispered, shuffling towards me. I was sitting on my legs; Nick was kneeling. He leant down, my heart started to pound out of my chest. I licked my lips, quickly and then Nick pushed his lips against mine, softly. I knelt on my knees, both arms slipping around his neck. Both his arms were wrapped around my waist, pulling my body closer to his. I gasped, and Nick took that as an opportunity to push his tongue into my mouth. I was like putty in his hands. Suddenly, Nick pulled away. I knew something was wrong, he was rubbing his forehead.
“ I shouldn’t have done that.” He said. I looked away from my cow socks.
“ Nick…it’s…” He cut me off.
“ Riley. Just leave!” He hissed at me. I launched myself off his bed; he couldn’t even make eye contact. I ran downstairs, this time allowing tears to run down my face. With tears, everyone can see them, a broken heart only you know it’s broken…

When I got to the bottom of the stairs, Joe grabbed my arm.
“ Livvy, can I talk--what’s wrong?” He asked. I shook my head.
“ Joe, can this wait till tomorrow? Im not up to it today, with Steph going and all.” I said, waving my spare arm around. Joe shrugged his shoulder, letting go of my arm and pursing his lips.
“ Yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow, Livvy.” He placed a small kiss on my cheek. I gave him a weak smile. He started to walk to the kitchen.
“ Liv.” Joe called. I spun around, one foot in my Converse. “ Don’t let Nick get to you.” He smirked.
“ Love you, Joey.” I replied, rolling my eyes. I shoved my other foot into my shoe. Somehow, Joe always made me feel better…
♠ ♠ ♠
Hellloooo.
Guess who? not Livvy, not Joe, not Nick, not even Denise. But me Hannah.
I'm posting her chapter as she is trying (desperately) to dry her hair without being distracted. How it got wet is another mystery. ;]

I hope you like this chapter as I know Livvy worked really hard on it. Enjoy.

love Hannah + Livvy. x