Status: Active

Home Sweet Home

Therapy

“Alright kids, let’s start. Does anyone want to go first?”

I almost raised my hand to tell him to fuck off. Almost.

“No one? Alrighy- then. How about you, Coop?”

“Don’t call me that. My name is Cooper.”

“No? Okey-dokey, Cooper. Now tell us what some of your likes and dislikes are.”
The guy was starting to sound a little too cheerful, if you know what I mean.

“No.”

‘Now Cooper, you’ve been here for a while and I know you can be more talkative than that. So I’m going to go to another person for a bit and come back. Alight?” Tense.

“Mr. Pinscher, please listen carefully: You. Don’t. Know. Me.” Pissed.

“Ha ha, that may be the case now but by the end of your stay, we’ll be best buds.”

All the kids in the circle, including me, moved back a few inches and watched the kid and the ‘counselor’. We all know it’s just a fake.

“Is that for you to decide?”

“Why, no. Only if you’re willing, Coop.” Mr. Sunshine’s Ass realized his mistake.

“Oh fuck no.” Cooper snarled and leapt up to tackled him.

Now on top and straddling his ribcage, she punched his face. Once: surprise and shock. Twice: bloody nose and realization. Thrice: trying to get away.

Suddenly the door opened and three men in white suits came in. One pried Cooper off and the other two carried the guy out. We, Jared, Sam, Jack and a handful of ‘depressed’ kids looked around. Finally, a tall black haired guy said, “That was the most fun I’ve had since I got here.”

The other kids nodded in agreement.

“So what do we do now?” a girl asked.

“Now you all go upstairs into the recreational center, children.” I jumped as an unknown speaker sounded a quiet dangerous voice that oozed evil and sadism.

Little did I know at the time that was the first time I would hear The Director’s voice.

Everyone seemed depressed again, their happiness from a few moments ago sucked away by the din of the voice.

That was very poetic.

Why thank you, voice in my head.

------<>------

We didn’t hear from Cooper for three days.

I was sleeping in the hospital room at night. No one came to correct me, so I assumed it was all okay. I even began to follow a schedule: wake up, drink sludge at the caf., play cards for the morning. Get lunch around twelve. By now the wardens came into the cafeteria to watch over us and lead our exercises, so we all don’t look over weight when the inspector comes. Or at least that’s what Jared says. Later we get separated for ‘quiet time’. This is when they lock us in our rooms and shut down the lights. For four fuckin hours. Sam suspects it’s to save money. Around five we eat, shit and shower. Then sleep at eight. During the day I guessed around a thousand kids of all ages packed into this tiny rehab center. A thousand fucked up kids like me who can’t deal with our minds, so we’re put into a cage to keep us separated from the civilians.

Jared said some people do get out, though. From either being let out or getting killed.

Yeah, he went on, people do get killed here. It’s not like the wardens do much about it, besides yell at us and hit us with their sticks. But if we attack them, that’s when they bring out the guns.

He’s been here the longest. Since he was four, actually. They told him that he tried to run away from his home many times, and once even walked in front of a speeding car. Coop is almost the same. She came when she was born here. Then she got adopted. But they took her back almost eight years later when her parent’s past bled through on to her guardians, who she said were abusive. Sam was the last newbie, and being here for about three months doesn’t exactly make him an expert on the going on’s here. Jack doesn’t say anything to me, let alone look at me.

Once I asked Sam how he got Jack to be his friend. All he said was, “Dunno, it was never really a problem.” With that I decided to ignore him back.

On the last day, Sunday, I think, Cooper came to our table at lunch and sat, looking down the whole time.

We didn’t say anything, but we all noticed the stitches on the side of her head, barely covering a large gash.
♠ ♠ ♠
And of course MCR's teenagers blasts through my head when, alas, I have no Ipod.

Kiddies, dont make the mistake of leaving your ipod at the airport. Ever.