Who Mugged Billie Joe?

Chapter 2

I quickly finished the rest of the shopping and made my way home,
then I started to remember what was waiting for me there.
I loved my family more the anything, but some days.. Well, it just gets to much for me.
There was always so much stress, sometimes I just wanted to leave and get away from it,
some how id think that'd help Adrienne more than ever.
I took the long way home through the alley hoping that would clear my mind a bit more,
but it didn't I got more and more stressed out with every step I took.
Suddenly, "Give it over." A tall man with a black hoodie covering most of his face said rather forwardly.

"Give what over?" I asked stressfully.

The man pulled out a gun from his back pocket "I said give .. it .. over .." He pointed the gun straight at my head. I was just about to let out a scream for help, but he covered my mouth with his other hand. My eyes grew wider as drips of cold sweat ran down my forehead I quickly reached into my back pocket and gave him my wallet,

"Im glad we understand each other now." He whispered and pushed me aside.
he started to walk off, I shuttered, chills ran quickly up and down my spine I fell to the ground and held my body close, I tried to scream for help but my voice felt frozen.

"What am I going to tell Adrienne? That was all our money. What the Hell am I going to do?"
I wallowed. I put my hands in my face and cried. I wasn't annoyed at the man as much as I was annoyed at myself, 'look at me, Im such a coward, crying my guts out on a crappy old alley corner' I said to myself.
But from that day I knew my life had changed for the worse....

I quickly gathered myself together,
I walked the rest of the way home, trying to put words in sentences for what I was going to say to Adrienne.

"Hey honey sorry im a coward?" No that'll never work, I sighed.

"Tap tap" I gently taped the screen door biting my lip and holding back the tears

'Maybe she won't notice' I thought to myself.

"Hey, did you get the dinner?" Adrienne said just as she opened the door,
her eyes looked so hopeful though she carried this none stop crying baby, I think the depression on our family made us closer than ever..

"Hi.. Yea I guess I did." I tried to sound like nothing happened,
though, I wasn't too good a acting, in my old high school, at the end of the year plays I was always the tree, different sorts of tree's never the less, I was once a willow, that was my big break.

"Thank God, Im so hungry, What the hell would we do without you Bill?" She smiled.

My conscious kicked in, I felt so guilty.
"Adie, I...."

"Yes?" she glared at me smiling, After everything we had been though, the depression, the stess, me getting sacking from the office .. She was always there smiling. I couldn't break her heart Id rather die than to see my wife cry for something I caused.

"You look beautiful today." I just couldn't do it.

"Thank you Bill." She smiled again and got the ingredients out of the bag about to make the dinner, not knowing that was the last meal we would ever have.