Who Mugged Billie Joe?

Chapter 6

I ran my sweeting hands over my head and tried to drain out all my sins going through my mind.
What was I... Human or monster?
The person I had wanted for years slipped out of my fingers all because of this this....
I didn't mean to, some how they all just happened, and suddenly the evidence was in my hands,
I suppose I sound mad to you .. Don't I?..Do I?
I had to get out, I had to drain my thoughts away, I walked past the heart broken faces, the faces I made. One by one they walked past me, confused and scared.
Tears flowed down my face as I was accompanied by a man on my walk of guilt.

"If I might be so bold sir." He said taking his hat off and scrunching it tightly with his cold bitter hands.

I breathed in deeply "What?" A sigh came from my mouth .

"My names Holden, Im afraid I've lost my friend, its getting dark and I really wish someone would help me look." He said rather pitifully.

My eye brows came down as I glared at the man.

"Leave me alone." I spat and walked on further, I wasn't selfish, just confused.

The man stopped walking, tears came rolling out of his gloomy eyes,
"Please sir, he's my best friend, I don't know what id do without him." He whimpered.

I stopped to think, I guess I should.
"Fine." I muttered softly.

"Oh thank you so much sir. You don't know how much this means to me."

"Its alright, do me favor though," I said walking over to him.

"Sure! Of course anything." He eyes grew with compassion.

"Stop talking."

-Billie's house-

Billie lay on there bed till morning, not one eye closed, he tried to think of how to tell his wife who was sound asleep next to him that they were now penniless.
He opened his mouth a couple of times and cleared his throat but no words came out.
The clock read 7:30 a.m. he got off his bed and kissed his wife's neck softly, Adrienne's eyes opened slowly and smiled.
Billie went out of the room and into the lounge slash kitchen where Joey was, in his coat.
He gently held his baby in his arms, and sang to him softly
"Here comes the rain again falling from the stars, drenched in my pain again, becoming who we are, as my memory rests but never forgets what a lost .."
Tears started to rush down Billie's face, he knew because of him, Joey wouldn't make it.
A baby without food, water or a roof over his head, will die.
"Wake me up when september ends..." He held Joey closer to his chest, he kissed and baby's precious little head and started to hum the rest of the song.
Adrienne walked to the room and gently rubbed Billie's shoulder, wondering if he was in the same mood he was in yesterday, she saw his tears and couldn't control her own.

"Are you okay?" Her voice trembled, she was afraid.

Billie noticed her change in voice and carefully put back Joey in his cot.
He turned around to look at her, tears were in the making of her eyes.

"Im okay." His arms wrapped across Adrienne's waist, Adrienne knelled her head on his bare shoulder, her tears came lose, he felt the cold drips of disappointment bleed on to him
and he hadn't even told her yet.

"There, there, babe its okay." He tried to comfort her, he rocked her side to side gently.

"No, no its not. I've done something wrong, I know it, your disappointed in me. Please tell me what I did." she looked up at her husband, both softly whimpering.

"You could never do anything wrong Adrienne." He whispered in her ear, "You could never." He held her tighter,

"I don't understand, why are crying?" She spoke itches from from lips.

"Because I don't want to lose you" tears poured down unto the floor, his lips gently touched Adrienne's, as they kissed.
He knew he should've stepped up to the man who stole there money , and from this mistake he made his loved ones would suffer.