Who Mugged Billie Joe?

Chapter 8

I walked down the steps and unto the footpath, I saw Adrienne through the broken kitchen window weeping, her sadness only made it harder to continue.
I walked the short way to the park, avoiding the abandoned alley way, and made a right to the roads I had never stepped foot on, they weren't anything out of the ordinary,
just the same old broken down houses, the same people who had there dreams crushed into a thousand pieces, to see a happy man in Oakland, well that would certainly be a sight to see.
I walked along till I heard a small whining noise, I began curious as to what it was, as my foot steps moved on the noise became louder, I paced faster to the noise,
It was a stray old dog, a labrador to be exact, begging for food.
I got down to the dogs level and patted his head, "Hello old boy."
The dog wagged his energetic tail and breathed heavily,
"You lost?" I asked the dog searching for any sign of a collar or tag.
[Before animal rights stepped in, people used to tag they dogs ear, as you would a cow.]
But there was nothing, I pitied the lonely dog and scratched behind his ears.
I got up and tapped my hip. "Come on old boy, follow me."
He got up quickly and slowly trotted his feet behind me, I didn't know where we were heading, but now that I had the dog with me, I would have to make a rest some where soon.
"So what's your story?" I said smiley at him.

He looked at me and continued to walk.

"Oh to much of a personal question? My bad." I gave a small little laugh and followed after him.

"Well, Im running away, but I'm glad I have a friend with me. You remind me of my father." I chuckled "I think its the ears that give it away."

We stopped every now and then, I sat down on the footpath and grabbed and leaf from an old tree while scooping some water from the gutter.

"There .. I know its not fresh, but hey your a dog." I said patting his back, his long tongue lapped up all the water quickly.

"Wow, you were thirsty boy." I don't know what id do without someone to talk to, I was so glad the dog followed me, but I wanted nothing more than to see Adrienne and my baby, I wanted to get the money back, some how and many with interest, If Addie would take me but that is. I hope she'll understand.

Mike and Jason
Mikes P.O.V

You must be kidding me, here I am sharing a bed, with a man, never in my life did I ever picture this happening. Still I wanted to help him out, I wasn't going to let this... awkward situation mess up my good deed. When I stick to something there's nothing stopping me from completing it.

I had a very up tight childhood, never was I allowed to walk out of the house by myself, when I was sixteen I went out the front door as fast as God could let me, I tried to start my life for the better, obviously that went down the drain.

Jason's eyes were glued open, I could tell he was scared, and honestly I didn't blame him. I felt right sorry for the bloke. He stared deep into the ceiling

"You think he's---" His face grew worried.

I interrupted "He'll be okay Jason. Don't worry." I patted his shoulder with my arm.
The weird thing is, we were in this together, I felt sort of happy that I had someone to talk too, a friend by my side.

.....

"You ready to start searching?" I said just as I opened my eyes from a light nap.

Jason was in the same pose as before, his eyes bloodshot, I presumed he didn't sleep.

"Im ready." He said sternly

I looked in the cracked mirror and tried to straighten out my messy hair, hey don't judge me, I like to look good okay.

"You realize this isn't exactly the place to pick up chicks right?" He sighed

"Dude, you never know." I said cracking a smile.

Adrienne's P.O.V

I rubbed my tear stained eyes and breathed in deeply trying to calm myself down, but he had left for good this time, I wondered why, doesn't he love me?
I knew the baby was hard work, but I thought he enjoyed being with Joey.
I was so confused and heart broken. I could only talk down on myself, I held my baby close to me and watched him go to sleep.