Sequel: Angel heart.
Status: Complete!

In love with an angel, engaged to a vampire

I can text!

After school I had to say goodbye to Josiah. I kinda forgot that he can't come with me. Aerth, my new guardian, was following me home.

"Edwin's behind you."

"I bet he's gonna talk to me about Josiah," I replied quietly so Edwin couldn't hear me.

"Jass!"

I slowed down so he could catch up to me. I guess he was trying not to use his speed in public.

"Yes, Edwin?"

"I thought I told you no more being with Josiah!"

"Well I thought you changed your mind after yo avoided me all day," I said as sweetly as possible knowing that was not the reason he avoided me. He was afraid of Josiah.

"No. I avoided you because your friend is violent and I didn't want to have to hurt him."

I laughed, thinking about it. He couldn't hurt Josiah if he tried. Josiah may be human now, but he still had his angel qualities, like his strength.

"What's so funny?"

I tried to think of something quick.

"I just remembered what he said today, that's all."

It wasn't a total lie. I thought about him saying that his stomach was yelling.

"Well let this be the last time you hang out with him."

He walked ahead of me to open the house door as I thought to myself 'Yeah right'.

I went up to my room and closed the door. Thank God I didn't have to share a room with him.

All of a sudden my phone rang. I looked to see a text from an unknown number.

'Did I do this thing right?'

I looked at the text and was puzzled.

'Who is this?'

'Josiah'

I smiled and was amazed at how fast he learned to use the phone.

'You learned how to use the phone! I'm amazed'

I couldn't use the short term for the words or he would have been so confused.

'Now why how do I talk to you if i'm using this keyboard to...what am I doing exactly?"

I laughed. He didn't know what it was called.

'You're texting, Jay.'

It took a long time for him to message back.

'Why are there specific words for everything you do?'

'I don't know'

'Oh well. I can text!'