Sequel: Angel heart.
Status: Complete!

In love with an angel, engaged to a vampire

That's the way it should be!

"I love you, Josiah."

He didn't say anything. I checked the phone to make sure he didn't hang up. Nope, still listening. What was he doing?

"Jass..."

"Yes" I said a little to anxiously.

I heard him take a breath. "Jass, i;m sorry."

Sorry? I couldn't think of one thing that he could be sorry about. Unless...

"Y-you don't love me, do you?"

"No. I love you as a friend."

I couldn't believe this. Here I was telling the one person I loved the truth and it blows up in my face.

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have told you."

"Jass..."

"No. I should um...I should hang up now."

"No, Jass...."

"I don't want to make myself sound like more of a fool than I already am. I'll go, Josiah. Sorry for that. I shouldn't have told you." Click.

I hung up without another word. Why did he become human then?

Josiah POV

She hung up the phone. Good.

"Brother why did you do that?" asked my little sister Sai.

"Because she's getting married. Telling her that I love her will mess up her relationship with her fiance."

"She doesn't like him, Jay. She loves you and she told you that. You shouldn't have lied to her. Now she might actually try to fall for him."

"And that's the way it should be, Sai. That's the way it should be."

"Go ahead and convince yourself of that."

She was right. I was trying to convince myself. She can't love me, she's getting married.

"I'm not," I lied. "That's just the way it should be!"

"But is it the way you want it to be?!"

I stopped. There was no arguing with her. She knows the deep emotions of people. It's her job to know. knowing that really made me mad. But I'm not going back and telling Jass the truth. She's getting married and she'll live happily with him. That's the way it should be. But it's not the way I want it to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is short. I didn't want to get off subject trying to add things so I will update this more often. XOXO Love ya!