Sequel: Angel heart.
Status: Complete!

In love with an angel, engaged to a vampire

Whether you want me to or not!

Jass POV

Monday

I went to school to keep me distracted. I kept...him as far from my thoughts as I could. I actually paid attention in class and even did extra work. At lunch I talked as much as I could, making sure the table never got quiet. While I was hope I made sure I did homework and went to sleep. Edwin never speaks to me so I have to either go to sleep or find something to do. I go to sleep.

Tuesday

I'm starting to feel the pain of...him leaving. It's not that severe. It's just like a thought that you know is there. I an kinda block it but it seems to find a small hole in my mind and sit there to make sure I know what's going on. Corentin doesn't say anything. He's supposed to be an angel so why isn't he doing anything?

Wednesday

I can't deny it anymore. He's gone. I can't say his name or else I might go into a crying fit. I still try to ignore it but it seems like it won't go away.

"Corentin, why do I feel this way?"

"It's the will of my master."

What? God wants me to be depressed?

Thursday

Now this pain is seriously unbearable. It's like someone is in my stomach, stabbing me every chance they got. I would feel like I had to throw up but nothing would come out. Then my heart would stat hurting. It was too much. But I had to endure it. I had to get over him or else I'll be like this forever.

Friday

I almost stayed home today. Almost. I couldn't move without pain coming through me somehow. My eyes would run tears from me holding back the pain. I wasn't really crying. It was like...my soul was crying but was running from my natural eyes. It was weird. I'd have to wipe my eyes before anyone saw.

Saturday

I was officially dead. I couldn't move. Couldn't eat. I didn't sleep. I was hollow. I didn't feel any pain, nor did I feel any pleasure. I couldn't feel anything. I didn't know whether I was smiling or not. I knew I wasn't. It was like my joy was standing in front of me, taunting my ever attempt at grasping it.

"Corentin," I said my voice hoarse. "Why do I feel this way?"

"It's the will of my master"

"What does that mean Corentin? Huh? Are you telling me that is what God wants? For me to be depressed?"

Silence was the only answer he gave me.

"God, I want Aerth here right now..."

"Finally!"

Next thing I knew Aerth came blazing in here and stood in front of Corentin.

"Jass, if only you knew just how long I've been waiting to come back"

I sat up, my pain coming back. At least I wasn't a corpse anymore.

"Aerth, you heard me?"

He shook his head. "No. The Father did and now I'm back to rout out this demon!"

"What.."

Then he lunged forward and attacked Corentin.

"Aerth, what are you doing?!"

I got up and, despite the pain, ran and grabbed Aerth.

"Let me go, Jass!"

"Why are you attacking him?!"

"He's a demon!"

I let him go and looked at Corentin. I thought he was just a wierd angel. Every now and again they don't look like people describe them.

"Is that true?"

"Of course it is. You are ignorant and was so easy to attack!"

I couldn't believe it. Was Corentin doing all this?

"His name means Tempest. He is here to destroy you. He was doing his job well. But he underestimated you. You have a way of praying without realizing it. That is a weapon of yours that can not be beaten!"

"I don't need to beat her weapon. Just her angel and her soul!"

They started fighting again but I was thinking about all that has happened. It was Corentin that made me turn on Josiah, Corentin that drained me of my joy, and Corentin that made me turn on Edwin...and God. Aerth was right. He was doing his job well.

I stood and the fighting stopped when I walked to Corentin.

"You can only stay if I allow you. So now I want you out! Leave!"

He backed towards the window and looked between me and Aerth. I was beginning to get my strength back. He can't stop me.

"I'll be back, whether you want me to or not!"

He flew out and I apologiazed to Aerth for how I've been. If only I could do the same to Josiah...
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please =) It makes me feel better about writing. I'm sure people wouldn't want me to stop. At least not on this story