Sequel: Angel heart.
Status: Complete!

In love with an angel, engaged to a vampire

What then?

Corentin was behind Josiah, sword to his neck and ready to kill him.

"No!" Jass screamed.

Corentin smirked but then so did Josiah.

Before he could even move the sword to harm Josiah, Josiah disappeared. Corentin looked around, and so did Jass.

"Josiah?" she said.

All of a sudden, Corentin flew through the window and landed on his back. The impact knocked the wind out of him and made him drop the sword.

Josiah flew in and landed casually.

"You honestly thought I would let you beat me that easily?" He asked walking by Corentin and straight to Jass. He knelt by her and examined her wrists and ankles.

Corentin stood, shaking on his feet, and glared. "You think you're so tough huh? Think you can beat any demon you come across?"

"No," he said matter-of-factly. "Unlike you, however, I always have something to fight for." He said looking up from Jass to Corentin.

Corentin huffed. "Well I hope that helps you. Forces!" He yelled.

The seven demons that Jass saw before were back. She immediately got closer to Josiah, holding on to him.

His face didn't show any concern. Josiah actually looked bored.

He picked Jass up and carried her to the window. He stopped when Corentin shouted.

"Leaving so soon? I think we have unfinished business." He said, sword draw, and his allies behind him.

Josiah looked at Corentin, turned his head and told Jass to close her eyes. Then he shot through the window.

Corentin and the other demons followed behind him, but he wasn't worried. He planned this.

Sai and Aerth came out of the trees, the light around them blinding. They were holding Corentin and the others off. But that wouldn't last long and Josiah knew it. Corentin would abandon the other demons to chase him.

Edwin flew up next to Josiah. Jass clutched his shirt, thinking Edwin would attack Josiah.

"Jass, go to him."

Despite her fear of heights she opened her eyes and looked at him.

"W-what?"

"Go. I'll find you. I promise."

"But..."

"I promise."

She loved him and she didn't want to leave him, but she did as he said. She reached out and Edwin grabbed her, holding her close.

"Take care of her Edwin." Josiah said.

"I will."

Then he opened his wings for an abrupt stop and flew back to help Aerth and Sai. He wanted to beat Corentin before he got back to Jass.

Edwin flew her to the house and started bandaging her wrists and ankles. He got up when he was done and started walking out.

"Wait!" said Jass

He turned to her.

"Where are you going?"

"To help them."

She nodded and he flew off.

She sat there thinking about them. But one more thought came to mind. When the war was over, what then?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey hey! Comment! =) hope you enjoyed it. I'm writing the next one too so hold on...