Sequel: Angel heart.
Status: Complete!

In love with an angel, engaged to a vampire

Josiah!

Edwin flew over and saw them at war. They pretty much won. Sai had to kill the one demon and Aerth was resting while Josiah was ready to kill Corentin. Edwin saw Josiah and knew he was fighting for Jass, and that angered him.

Sai was fighting the last demon. He was strong and trying to hold out as long as he could. He blocked almost every blow. But then again, Sai didn't have her sword in full power. The sword lit on fire and she struck the demon, breaking through his sword and cutting him in half. She sheathed her sword and leaned on a rock. She wasted a lot of energy fighting him.

Josiah knocked Corentin's sword out of his hand. Corentin backed against a tree and stood glaring at Josiah.

"So now what? Are you gonna send me back to hell again?"

Josiah looked at him and stood silent.

"Send me back. I'll just pay the price for failing and come back up to attack again."

"No." Josiah said.

"What?"

"No, I'm not gonna send you back."

"Then what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to destroy you."

Corentin looked at him, wide-eyed. "you can't! I have a right to do my job. My job is to attack people and that's what I did!"

"No! Your job is to attack people's spirits! In no way are you to attack a person's flesh unless you use a human to do so! Therefore by crossing the boundaries of the law you are to be given the penalty, which is total annihilation"

He ran Corentin through with his sword and stuck him to the tree. Then he put the palm of his hand at the end of the hilt and kept his hand opened. He closed his eyes.

Corentin started writhing and screaming in agony until finally, after a long twenty seconds, hung his head. When Josiah took his sword out, Corentin's body fell but blew away like ashes.

Josiah sheathed his sword. Sai smiled and flew back to get Jass.

"It's over."

"You're right."

Josiah turned to Edwin only feel a sword go through him. He took a sharp breath and looked at Edwin.

"It is over."

Edwin took the sword out and Josiah fell on his back, holding his stomach.

Aerth flew full force to Edwin and attacked him. Edwin didn't stand a chance, nor did he expect Aerth to attack.

Aerth grabbed him and tore his wings. Then he flew him high, only to let his fall to the ground. Edwin coughed blood and Aerth ran him through with his sword.

"How dare you!" Aerth said.

"Aerth what are you doing?!"

He turned and saw Sai and Jass run to him.

"Aerth what has gotten into you?" Jass asked.

"Ask him where Josiah is!"

Jass looked at Edwin.

"Ask him!"

"Edwin, where is he?"

"He's back where we were fighting at."

"And?" added Aerth.

"..and I attacked him."

Jass' eyes started to water. "No...no. No."

She got up and ran, Sai right behind her. Aerth grabbed Edwin by his shirt and drug him across the ground back to where Josiah was.

"Why are you bringing me here?"

"Because I'm sure after all that you did, he still would want me to show at least a little compassion to you."

When they got there he let go of Edwin's shirt and leaned on a rock. He couldn't get close. Wouldn't want to make the situation any more depressing than it already is.

"Josiah! No! I can't...you can't..." She couldn't get the words out. She was losing him again.

"Jass..."

She looked at him.

"Did you tel him?"

She knew what he was talking about. He always told her to tell Edwin that he can go to Heaven.

"I'm sorry.." She said.

"Why?"

"Because when you said that I just...I felt like I didn't want him to..."

She held her head down. She felt like she was a horrible person.

"Jass..."

She looked at him again.

"The fact is that you're not thinking that now. Go..."

"But, you.."

"Go!"

She hesitantly got up and went to Edwin. He smiled when he saw her come by him.

"Jass...you still came for me..."

"To tell you the truth Edwin, I did love you. But you started becoming wicked and cruel. I just..."

"I'm sorry"

"Do you believe in God, Edwin?"

He looked at her. "Why?"

"Do you believe in Heaven?"

"Why?"

"How would you feel if I told you that you could go?"

"I would feel like you're lying to me."

"Well I wish I was but I'm not. You can go Edwin."

He coughed.

"Just say you believe."

"Give me proof, then I'll believe..."

She didn't know what to do. Proof? Proof of what? Does he want her to call down fire or something?"

"I..." She stopped when she saw his face. He was smiling.

"So it does exist..."

She looked at the sky. What was he looking at.

"Goodbye, Jass. I'm going home."

"What?"

He smiled again and closed his eyes and a tear rolled down his cheek.

"I believe..." He died.

She heard another cough. Josiah!

She ran to him and he looked like he was leaving too.

"Josiah, don't go..."

"Jass"

"yeah?"

He smiled. "I love you"

She started crying again. "I love you too!"

She reached down to touch his face but her hand went through him. Her eyes went wide and she started trying again.

"No! Please, don't!"

"I'll see you later, Jass" He said before he completely vanished.

"No! NO!"

She collapsed and caught herself by being on all fours.

"Josiah!" She screamed, Sai and Aerth's heads bowed in solemn silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Me whispering*- This story is almost over. I know I know. You don't want it to be. *Hides* I can't tell you where I'm hiding. Dracula is after me again...T^T