‹ Prequel: Want
Status: Finished

Hunt

Getting Ready

It had been a few months since I first went out with LynZ and that night was our five month anniversary. I'd been planning that out for awhile, and thankfully the guys hadn't found anything out yet. Lyn didn't know anything either. Tonight would be perfect, especially since I told the guys that I was going to a party tonight and might not be back until the morning. Mikes said that Frankie and him would go out together. I had already asked them what they might do and I've made sure that we'll be on the opposite side of town.

It was five o'clock now and I was getting ready for the date now. I had a black button up shirt on with a red tie. For pants, I had nice black pants and I was ready for the date by six and I grabbed the bouquet of roses that I had gotten for Lyn. I left the house at ten after six. I got to her house at six thirty, just as promised, and knocked on her door. There was two giggles from behind the door and I smiled. A short girl with black hair opened the door. "I'm looking for a beautiful girl that lives here."
"Well I'm her best friend. Just come on in, she's just now finishing. And damn did that girl dress up nice for you. She took for-fucking-ever." I laughed as Lyn came out, putting on earrings. She looked truly amazing. She looked up and smiled at me. I held out the roses for her to take and she squealed. "Oh Gee! They're gorgeous! You remembered that my favorite roses are the white ones, that's adorable!" She kissed my cheek and took them from my hands to put them in a vase. I followed her into the kitchen. "I can't believe that you really pay attention to my rambling." She said.
"I love you, babe, of course I'll listen." I said, I hugged her from behind and whispered seductively in her ear, "And tonight, we'll have the best time of our lives." She turned around.
"Oh Gee!" She smiled and kissed me. We heard the door close and she chuckled a bit. "Must have been Kitty." I nodded at her and took her hand to lead her down from her apartment to my car.

We went to the restaurant, Due Mari. It was an amazing four star Italian restaurant in New Brunswick. "So, Gee, have you been here before?"
"Of course, we went here a few times when I was little with my grandparents. I hear it's still as good."
"What should I get?"
"I think that you should try the cavatelli. It's brilliant. I'm probably going to have the garganelli."
"What's cavatelli?"
"It's like gnocchi."
"Gnocchi?"
"You don't know what gnocchi is?" She shook her head as I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "You are deprived, woman!" She laughed at me.
"There isn't all that much Italian places in Scotland, sorry!"
"But then you lived in New York. New York has too many Italian places to count."
"My parents don't really enjoy Italian food."
"God, your parents are crazy. My family is Italian and all we ever had were Italian dishes."
"Well can you explain what cavatelli is without saying gnocchi?"
"Alright, it's little pasta that are rolled into little balls and filled with parmesan and ricotta cheese. Then they are covered with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese."
"That sounds delicious."
"It is." I nodded, imagining my grandmother's homemade cavatelli. "I love my grandmother's recipe the best."
"You should try to get it and make it."
"There are two things wrong with that sentence."
"Please explain."
"One, I can burn water, I'm so bad at cooking," She laughed. "It's true. Also, she guards that recipe with her life. Not even my mom has it." I chuckled, imagining Mom actually asking Nan for the recipe.
"Well what is garganelli?" She asked me.
"Well, let's see how well I can explain this," I chuckled. "It's tomatoes, which are cut into strips that are as long as the noodles, then you slice prosciutto very thinly," She gave me a confused look. "Aye, mia! Prosciutto is ham. Well anyway, then you chop up nuts and cognac together. After all of those ingredients are mixed, you add noodles that are covered in a parmesan sauce."
"From what I understood, it sounds delicious."
"I'll let you taste it, and it is."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SO FUCKING SORRY GUYS. i should probably have a reasonable excuse.. but i don't.
and i wanted to update last week but i was on vacation so i had no internet and i couldn't update.
i even have the rest of the story planned out so i hope updates will come sooner.

Oh and if I get NEW COMMENTS then maybe i'll write again later today... :D