‹ Prequel: Want
Status: Finished

Hunt

The Little Boy

I almost trembled in fear as my brother locked the door, and shut all the curtains as if to close me in, telling me I should have no hope of surviving. What was running through my mind, you ask? Mostly a string of profanities. But also in the back of my mind, was the little boy who used to play with action figures and let his little brother suck on Batman's head. The little boy who would read comics about super heroes that just wanted to make a difference in New York City and show him the pictures since he could barely read. I was once that little boy. Hard to believe, I know. And I even show that side to Mikey. On very rare occasions, but I do.
Also, in the very back of my mind, there was a boy who wasn't so little anymore, but he'd defend his little brother and himself all at once. There was a boy who never wanted to have anyone hurt his little brother, the only person who showed him love. The boy who held his brother when he cried for the boy, because their parents fought and the boy tried to stop it. There was the boy who beat up the whole football team, while almost killing himself to do so, because one guy laid a punch on his little brother.

But there was the boy who held his brother when he was first born and laughed at him when he stuck his tongue out at the boy. There was the boy who fed his brother his first bottle. The one who walked him to the daycare and ruffled his hair everytime they shared an unforgettable moment. There was the boy who stayed with his little brother for the first day of kindergarden. The boy who was at his brother's fifth grade graduation and made sure was the first to congradulate him. The boy who stayed home on his first day of high school just to see his brother off to middle school the first time, promising him it would all end up okay. The boy who left his school in the middle of the day just to make sure his brother was okay. The boy who tried to get his brother's teacher to let him be the chaperone to a field trip so he could be there for his brother's first time to New York City. The boy who snuck on the bus anyway. The boy who held his brother in a hug the first time their parents argued. The boy who risked getting killed on the streets of New Jersey to protect his brother. The boy who risked getting tormented by everyone to sit next to his brother on his brother's first day of high school. The boy who got suspension on the first day of senior year for smacking a teacher for giving his brother detention for not turning in a summer packet. The boy who taught his brother how to pick up a girl. The boy who trusted his brother with his biggest secret that he liked boys. The boy who his brother trusted with the secret that he liked boys too. The boy who taught his brother how to pick up a boy. The boy who drove his brother to his brother's first date at the movies with the boy he liked. The boy who made sure his parents didn't know about his brother's intrest in guys. The boy who got into college but couldn't bare to leave his brother so he moved into an apartment that was closer to New York but still close enough to where he could drive his brother to school everyday. The boy who slept on the couch since he could only afford a one bedroom apartment for his brother and himself. The boy who took his brother away from the parents that caused the nightmares that still haunted his brother on some nights. The boy who got his brother and his brother's current boyfriend together. The boy who couldn't bear to hurt his brother ever, even today, when his brother was going to most likely murder him. The boy was me. And I am Gerard Arthur Way. So that boy is Gerard Arthur Way. And his brother is Michael James Way. The boy he thought he could hunt. But he wasn't so sure now. Could he even bare to break them apart?
Who am I anymore? And why the fuck am I thinking in third person when my little brother is coming at me with his fist in the air?
♠ ♠ ♠
short, i know, but it's three in the morning and i'm half-asleep. which shows how much i love you guys!!
and once again, XxWeirdxX is the winner(:
i love you XxWeirdxX!! i hope you like gerard's soft side, lmaoo.
i bet none of you even knew his sides were soft.
well he is kind of squishy looking..
i bet he's a good hugger(:
well, happy three hours after your birthday, gee!
you are old but we still love you!! :DDD