Status: Done

Colours Are Broken, Apart From Yours

2 Of 2

As I approached the automatic doors open but almost not quickly enough for me, I came so close to hitting both of them with my shoulders. The bright sunlight stopped me in my tracks once I was out and made me shield my eyes. The white was so blinding.

I tried to take a step forward but someone pulled me into them and wrapped their arms around me tightly. I knew just by his sent that it was Garrett. More tears leaked from my half closed eyes and I wrapped my arms around him burring my head in his chest. It was still way to noisy where we were and that crashing sound was still in my head.

Someone knock me out or kill me now. And I was doing so well at not having major headaches too. I lasted 3 months not having one. I groaned in pain into his chest.

“It’s ok, hun.” He said softly running his fingers through my hair.

He doing that had always helped me with my headaches. When we were at school and I got one he would sit outside the classroom with me and run his fingers through my hair, he was always there for me.

Wait a second...Did he just call me hun?

He hasn’t done that since we were going out...

“Hey why did you run away, you ok Jade?” Jared asked appearing from the doors.

I shook my head as couple more tears fell.

“Want me to take you home?” Garrett asked stilling running his fingers in my hair.
“Please.” I whispered.

I felt him nod.

“Is your headache worse?” Pat asked.

I nod my head which was still again Garrett’s chest.

“I’m going to take her home guys; the noise is making her worse.” He said.
“Do you want us to come?” John asked.

I pulled away from Garrett enough to look at the others better. I shook my head slightly wiping the tears away.

“No, it’s ok. You guys can finishing your shopping, I know yous wanted to shop before the next tour.” I said.
“You sure?” Kennedy asked.
“Yeah, I’ll just lie down in bed for a while and take something for it.”
“Ok, but well come over after yeah?” John asked.
“Sure, bring some movies.” I smiled lightly.

The guys smiled back and Garrett let me go, all apart from my hand. I waved at the guys and let Garrett pulled me slowly away from them and to the car park. I walked closed to him and kept my eyes on the ground. I hate this, I feel dizzy.

We got to his car and he unlocked it before opening the front passenger door for me. I said a weak thanks and got in. He closed the door and round the car getting in the drivers’ seat. He started the car not long after that.

I leaned my head on the window and closed my eyes as he pulled out of the car park. I let out a soft sigh. Garrett took my hand in his and held them over the centre console. He’s been doing that a lot today, not that I don’t mind or anything.

“Jade?” He asked softly.
“Yeah?” I asked not opening my eyes.
“Why didn’t you tell me your headache was that bad?” He asked sounding worried. “Or one of the other guys? We could have taken you home earlier.”
“Because I was spending time with you guys and I didn’t want to cut your shopping trip short. My headache wasn’t that bad first off, it was manageable, but it got bad when we were in the food court – Too much noise.”

Garrett sighed.

“Babe, you knew that we could have hanged out somewhere else that was quieter. Clothes shopping aren’t that important.”
“Yeah, but yous spent 2 hours talking me into going this morning and plus yous go through clothes like they were paper and not fabric.”
“I guess that’s true.” He chuckled. “But you could have said something.”

I stayed quiet. I knew that, but there had been heaps of times that same thing has happened and we ended up going home early because of me. I don’t like to do that to the guys unless I really have to. But in a way he was right, I could have said something earlier to go home. Maybe if I did it wouldn’t be as bad as what it was now.

I felt the car slow and then stop. I opened my eyes slowly to see my house. Garrett was out of the car before I had my seat belt off and opened my door. I got out and staggered a step. Whoa dizzy spell.

“Jade-?”
“Dizzy spell.” I mumbled cutting him off.

My head became clear so I moved away from the car, suddenly my feet wasn’t on the ground anymore. I looked at Garrett confused. He smiled. He started walking towards my grey house – Or should I say ‘blue’ house.

“Garrett,” I groaned. “You don’t have to carry me.”
“I know, but I want to.” He said smiling again.

I shrugged letting it go, I wasn’t in the mood to argue. He got to my front door and placed me on the ground to open the door after I gave him the key. Once he had the door opened he picked me up again and walked in closing the door with his foot. I winced from the noise the door made.

“Sorry.” He quickly apologised.

He walked with me into the living room and placed me down so I was lying down across the couch. You know this feels familiar...Oh, I know. This had happened before; Garrett carrying me into my house and laying me across the couch, he’s done it a few times now. I’m like a headache magnate. The doctors have me on some pills but I’m pretty sure I need to go back, they don’t work that well, though I haven’t had a major headache in months I still have had a lot of small ones.

“Do you keep that stuff you take in the same place?” He asked hovering over me pushing my hair off my face.

“Yeah, there should be water bottle in the fridge too.” I said softly.

He nodded and walked towards my kitchen.
I let my eyes close again. I felt the slightest bit better when I had my eyes closed; I guess that was because I didn’t have to see a whole bunch of black, whites and greys. Maybe that it was a good thing I was coloured blind...? Wouldn’t seeing a lot of colours at once make a headache worse? Then again; it’s the same is seeing every shade of grey in the world I guess, so really it shouldn’t be that much different.

I heard the fridge door shut so I opened one of my eyes slightly to a blur of greys, but I could make out Garrett walking back into the living room. I sighed before opening my eyes again and slowly sat up on the couch. He sat next to me and handed me the pack of strong painkillers. I opened it slowly and got two pills out. I hate taking tablets.

I threw them into my mouth and took the water bottle that Garrett handed me. I swallowed the two gross tasting tables and took a long drink of the ice cold water.

“Thanks.” I sighed resting my head on his shoulder.
“You’re welcome.” He said softly beginning to run his fingers through my hair again.

I let my eyes shut once again smiling softly listening to his breathing.

We both sat like that for about 20 minutes until the tables I took started to work. The headache started to dull down slowly and it felt like a weight was taken off my head. I opened my eyes and looked out across the room. Garrett had stopped running his fingers through my hair and just had one of his arms around my waist. The headache was still there but it was back how it was when I walked out the shop and sat on Kennedy’s car before - It was back to being liveable.

“Thank you.”
“Hmm?” Garrett hummed.
“Thank you for helping me.” I said softly. “Yet again.” I chuckled.
“You’re welcome.” He said.

I could hear the smile in his voice. I think he realised that my headache must be better. I usually said my thanks when it was. That just goes to show how many times we have been through this already.

“You know,” He started. “I’ve missed this. Not you having headaches – But just us two together
alone. It’s been a while.”
“Yeah it has.” I said looking up at him.

He smiled at me and I smiled back.

“You know I have been thinking.” He admitted.
“Oh really?” I asked tilting my head to the side.

A small pain hit the back of my head so I moved my head back so it was straight. Bloody headache.

“Yeah, I was looking at that picture over there.” He said pointing to the picture that I had hanging on my wall.

It was of the picture of us in front of the Maine’s van and Garrett kissing my cheek as I had my arms around him while smiling at the camera. It was one of the thousands pictures Pat has taken over the last few years.

“Yeah I love that picture.” I said blushing slightly.
“So do I.” He admitted. “And I realised I missed that.” He said quietly.

I looked back at him from the picture and he looked back at me at the same time.

“Do you know what today is?” He asked.
“Um, no.” I blinked.
“Today would have been a year since we went out. That’s why the guys wanted to go shopping – apart from the fact need new clothes – but so we can spend the day together.”
“Wow.” I whispered blinking. “I completely forgot! I didn’t mean t-“
“It’s ok, I only realised when Jared say something about it in the shop when we lost you.”

I chuckled lightly. Jared remembers everything, it’s amazing.

“And then Pat and Kennedy started talking quietly about something, but I heard.” He smiled that cute smiled of his.
“About what?” I asked.

For some reason I felt nervous all of a sudden. Garrett moved so he was fully facing me still smiling.

“They said something about you still liking me.” He said almost sounding happy.

I’m pretty sure my jaw dropped for a second and it hurt my head so I snapped my jaw shut again. He laughed.

“Is it true?” He asked.

This headache is making me lose it. Did Garrett actually ask me if I still liked him?

“Yes...” I mumbled looking away slightly biting my lip.

Garrett let out a long breath, most of it brushed over my left cheek. That made me look back at him. He was smiling brightly. He placed his hand on my cheek.

“Jade,” He started looking me right in my eyes. “I know what we tried going out before and it didn’t last long for family reasons and such...But I wanted to know if you wanted to try again. Because I still love you.”

I looked at Garrett in shock. Not because he asked for me to be his girlfriend again...But because he said he loved me. He had never said that unless it was love as in friendship. Either this is real or my headache has really mess my brain up, but I doubt that.

I felt myself blushing badly but I smiled at him.

“I would love to try again. I still love you too.”

Garrett beamed at me and leaned forward hugging me. I’ve missed this too. I really have. Garrett then pulled back a slight bit.

“Finally I can do this.” He mumbled.

Before I could say anything even smile he placed his lips on mine. Right away I kissed him back and he placed his hand on the back of my neck to bring me closer. A sharp pain shot through my head making me pull away wincing. Stupid bloody headache.

“Ouch.” I mumbled.
“Sorry! I forgot about your headache for a moment.” He said quickly.
“It’s ok.” I smiled at him.

I leant forward and gave him a long hug. He wrapped his arms around me. I couldn’t help but smile.

Even though to me colours are broken, I always believed that Garrett had his own colour to me. It may not able to bee seen but it was there.

To me all colours are broken, apart from his.
♠ ♠ ♠
so what did you think of it? like it? hate it?
tell me in a comment please! ^^
comments really make my day :D