The Park Is So Pretty, Just Like You

One out of One.

Name: Gracelynn Elizabeth Holmes

Age: 22

Personality: sarcastic, bipolar tendancies, melts over guys that are good with kids, likes to take care of people

Looks: Mid-length wavy black hair, grey eyes, pale, 5'2", nice curves (not super skinny or over weight)

Story Starts

"Mommy!" said my 2 year old little girl, Melody Anna Holmes jumping on my bed our small apartment of 2 bedroom, kitchen, living room and 2 bathrooms. I immediately sat up from the bed and looked at my beautiful little girl. She had my black hair but it was straight like her dumbass father's.She also had my eyes and looked almost exactly like me.

The dumbass knocked me up and stayed with me for a while before figuring out I was pregnant and leaving. But I didn't have an abortion. I always wanted to be a mother. To take care of someone. It made me feel needed and responsible. Of course I got pregant at 18. But I wasn't one of those bitches who had sex with anybody.

"Yes, Melody?" I asked politely looking at my baby girl. She beamed up at me, pushing the bangs from my eyes to look at me.

"Can go to the park today?" She asked in her small, timid baby voice. She still had troubled pronouncing words but hey she was 2!

"Of course honey." I said smiling. She was so cute when she was excited. I was so sad that she couldn't have a father. Well not until I found a man anyways. But that would take a while.

"Let's go change mommy!" Melody said excitedly. She was probably wanting to meet new friends.

So young, so happy.

~

I put on a gray v neck sweater, dark blue wash skinny jeans, and black boots along with a black hoodie. I had to dress Melody, and especially since it was kind of cold outside she would want to still put on her favorite princess dress, so I dressed her in a long sleeve blue Cinderella shirt, light blue jeans, and small white coat for her.

I liked the park anyways. So as Melody and I walked from the apartment to the park that was just across the street here in LA, I smiled brightly though the forecast was partly cloudy. I loved the fresh air, the smell of the grown flowers, the laughter of small children playing, and the feeling you got on the swings.

I let Melody go meet her friends and sat on the bench near the trees and swings. I was way too engrossed in my thoughts to notice that Melody had fallen. But when I heard her cry my eyes shot up and I ran to where I had last seen her.

"Melody?" I asked panicked. I looked around and saw the familiar black haired little girl was on the ground next to a stranger with messy brown hair. Anger surged through my body. What the hell? What if he was some scary raptist? Or creepy stalker?

"What's wrong? Did you fall, darlin'?" asked the stranger with a sweet southern accent. He didn't sound like a raptist or stalker to me.. Melody nodded and gave a little sniffle from the cold and her crying. I hid behind a tree curious as to what he would do. He got out his wallet and pulled out a small bandage.

"What's your name sweetie?" He asked softly as he slowly pulled up Melody's jean on the apparent knee she scraped. She sniffled again.

"Melody. What's your's stranger?" Melody asked, taking the words right out of my mouth.

"Jackson. Where are your parents?" He asked, securely placely the bandage softly on the bloody spot. So that was his name huh? Jackson. Hmm.

"Mommy's at the bench here in the park and I don't know where my daddy ever was. I don't think I have one." Melody said truthfully but timidly. Jackson's back was turned to me and all I saw was Melody so I didn't know what he looked like, I didn't know why but I felt like I could trust him.

"The park is so pretty just like you." Jackson said to Melody. She sniffled again and shook her head.

"Everyone says I look like mommy." Melody said smiling up at Jackson.

"Well then your mommy is a very pretty woman."

I stepped out from behind the tree and Melody's face beamed. She jumped up even with her injury and ran to me.

"Mommy! You're here." Melody smiled, her voice muffled by my leg as she pressed her face into it. I smiled down at her and crouched to look her in the eyes.

"Yes, I am. Are you okay now Melody?" I asked her, hoping her leg didn't hurt that much anymore. She nodded and grinned then looked at Jackson. He stood up and stare at us smiling. I looked at him fully this time. He was around the same age as me not much older, messy green hair, lean, built and had green eyes. They were beautiful.

I looked up from my crouching position and gave him a smile of gratitude. I hoped I could see him again.

"Thank you for helping her. It was very nice of you." as I turned to leave with Melody, I heard him mumble something.

"Wait!" He yelled catching up to us. I stopped and look curiously as to why he stopped us.

"Would you like to go out Friday?" He asked smiling at me.

"Can I bring Melody?" I asked smiling back at him. He chuckled and nodded. I smiled and nodded as well.

"Well then I'll see you at 7 here at the park."