Sequel: Gravity's Rainbow

In An Aeroplane Over The Sea

Chapter V

“Paisley,” I heard someone whisper, my eyes refusing to open but my mind telling me I have to. “Paise, wake up. We’re going to land in a few minutes.” My brown eyes opened slowly, adjusting to the now brightly lit plane. My head was still resting on Zack’s shoulder, and I didn’t want to lift it up, in fear the calming scent of his shampoo and deodorant would go away for good. I rubbed the last bit of sleep from my eyes with the back of my hand before glancing around. People were shuffling in their seats, and the man I was supposed to be sitting with was awake and moving. “You should probably head back to your seat now…” he muttered sadly, and I nodded.

I walked slowly back to my seat, where my books lay scattered on the floor. My mind was in another place completely, so I didn’t even feel the plane touch ground in London. Soon people were standing up and trying to push their way through the aisles, but I was too busy listening for an announcement about connecting flights. And wishing my time with the boys didn’t have end so abruptly.

I moved out into the aisle, with Alex shuffling behind me, and Zack behind him. When we exited the connecting passage way and into the airport itself, I shivered slightly. “Here,” Zack said, taking off his hoodie and handing it to me. “You can keep it.” I put my arms through the sleeves and relished in the feeling of the soft inside. The six of us stood there awkwardly, with the boys occasionally glancing to the left where they knew they had to go, and me to the right, where I was supposed to go and get on my next flight.

“I’ll miss you guys,” I finally said, breaking the silence that was more painful than even the loudest screeching of nails on a chalkboard. “Thanks for letting me hang out with you on the plane.”

Jack was the first one to hug me, his embrace so tight and forceful that I was nearly lifted off the ground. “Thanks for giving me your Swedish fish, and for letting me make you a myspace.” I grinned softly, the arms of Zack’s sweatshirt covering my hands, they were so long.

Rian was next, hugging me and then punching me in the shoulder gently. “I’ll be sure to tell you what she thinks of the necklace.” I nodded.

“I’m sure she’ll love it.” I responded honestly. Matt gave me a high five, and Alex gave me a hug, though neither said anything when they did. It was okay, though. Alex ruffled my hair, causing me to laugh, and the grin he shared with me made the sadness in my stomach feel a little better. I glanced at Zack, who was staring at the ground sheepishly. When he finally looked up, I threw my arms around his neck, burying my face in his chest. His arms locked tightly around my waist, and I inhaled his scent one last time, in an effort to hide the tears that were pooling around my eyes. It was strange to think that a group of guys I had met on a plane to England could make me cry as we departed, but these boys had managed to. Pushing back the tears, I released my hold on Zack and smiled at him. “I’ll come to your show in Germany,” I said softly, and he nodded.

“You promise?”

“I’d never break a promise.”

I’ll come back
When you need me
No need to say goodbye
♠ ♠ ♠
This one's short, but it makes up for it because the next one is super freakin' long. Feedback? I've been getting more feedback than I've ever received on anything, so I'm in such a state of bliss right now xD