Status: slow active

Head Over Heels

I Fall In Love

I was late again. I always seem to be late lately. I just chuck my alarm clock at my wall and don’t really care what my mother says, even though the money for a new one comes out of my allowance. I swear I have gone through ten million alarm clocks throughout the year, even though it has only been one month. Yeah, I’m that bad. My parents seriously think I have an anger problem, I don’t believe them. Anyway, like I was saying before, I am late again. There hasn’t been a day so far that I haven’t been late. The teachers don’t even growl when I am late anymore, they just simply pass it as normal expectation from me. Tanner and I usually laugh about it. I really miss hanging out with him, we need to hang out. I need to tell him some things about Jaz; she has been acting really weird lately. I don’t know what it is, maybe he will. Even though he isn’t into girls, but that doesn’t matter. I really need his advice, immediately.

“Parker?” I heard my mother’s voice.

I turned and looked at her, she looked pissed off. Maybe it was because I was making her late for work again. I think the people she work with are kind of used to it.

“Mmm?” I didn’t speak. I have learnt not to speak when she is like this. It is kind of scary when she snaps.

“Get out, you’re at school,” she ordered. You see what I mean? She gets really snappy and annoyed, quite easily.

I got out of the car and the minute I closed the door she drove off. Don’t get me wrong she is the world’s best mother; she just gets angry when I make her late.
I began walking up towards the school. I glanced at my watch and saw it was twenty minutes into class. I am never usually this late. I am usually ten minutes late or fifteen minutes late.

I ran towards my locker and quickly grabbed my books. I slam my locker shut and literally run to class. I skid as the door approached and opened it.

“Ah Parker, nice of you to join us,” -said Mrs Harrison, with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. I smiled at her, she loves my lateness-“even though your more than twenty minutes late.
Take a seat,” she told me.

I nodded and saw Tanner at the back of the room, with a spare seat next to him. It was always spare whenever I wasn’t in class. Nobody else dared to sit next to him, well except his boyfriend. Ian is the only exception. Speaking of Ian, where is he?

I continued walking until I spotted Ian. I walked past him and gave him a hi-5. I’m glad he is with Tanner, not some loser. Ian is sweet and really good for Tanner. I’m glad they have found each other.

I made my way to Tanner’s desk and sat down. Damn he is looking fine. What the hell was that? I did not just say that about my best friend. I didn’t. I am completely straight. Straight as a wooden ruler. Yeah, that’s me. Straight.

“Hey Tanner,” I said, trying to get those thoughts out of my brain.” Dude you didn’t come over last night,” I definitely used the pout here. It works wonders.”I was bummed out,” it’s true, I was.

“I’m sorry. I would have came over, but I had to help my mother with some stuff. I’ll come over later, if that’s okay?” he asked. Damn it, later on Jaz is possibly coming over. God damn girlfriends and their needs to see their boyfriends.

“Um, I’m not sure yet. I might be busy with Jaz tonight,” I explained.

“It’s fine, I’ll just spend another night alone with Mum. Ian’s busy today too, he has to babysit his little sister tonight,” I felt really bad for him. Not only did he say he was alone again, but he sounded alone. One thing I have realized is that Ian’s parents go out a lot. Tanner hardly ever spends time with Ian alone anymore. I feel sorry for the kid.
“Awe, someone’s missing their lover boy,” I cooed, shoving him a little bit, but not hard. I could never hurt him. I only do it to tease him

“Yeah, I guess so,” he mumbled. He sounded out of it? I’m not sure. It was weird; he is probably just having a bad day or something.
We really need to talk, spend a day together or something. It sounds like he needs it as much as I do.

“Tanner do you want to hang on Friday?” I asked him and he didn’t look in my direction.”Tannnnnerrrrr?” I asked again, no reaction. I waited for a minute because the teacher was looking in our direction. I waved to her and smiled at me. “Hello? Earth to Tanner. Hey Tanner are you in there?” I asked this time, while lightly shoving his shoulder to get his attention. He is acting really different today.

He looked up at me ,”huh? Oh yeah what were you saying? He asked his full attention now on me.

“I was asking if you wanted to hangout on Friday? You know just us two, like we used to? I re-asked my question.

“Oh yeah I’d like that. We haven’t has best friend time in ages. You’re always busy with Jaz and I’m always with Ian. I don’t see you much anymore,” when he said that it made me realize how much time we never spend together. If I’m not with Jaz, he is with Ian. Times never really work out for us.

“Yeah I know. Want to have a movie night? The weather’s supposed to be warm; I can set up the projector in my backyard. We’re not watching a scary movie, you know I hate them,” I told him as I shivered at the thought of watching one. He always picks them and I always end up in his lap cursing him out in my mind and absolutely scared. I usually don’t get asleep the nights when we watch scary movies. I swear sometimes he puts on scary movies just to make me scared.

“Yep movie night on Friday sounds awesome,” Tanner replied, smiling at me.

“Parker, Tanner, is there something you would like to tell the rest of the class?” Mrs Harrison asked, as she taped a wooden ruler against her palm. She looked rather scary.

“No Mrs. Harrison,” I replied quickly.

“Good, then pay attention,” Mrs. Harrison harshly replied and turned around. I rolled my eyes at her and poked my tongue out. How dare she interrupt my conversation with Tanner. We do need to talk. I looked over at Tanner and he was trying not to laugh. I lightly punched him and I swear I saw a light pink tinge on his cheeks, which is insane talk because number one Tanner has Ian, and number two we are best friends. Oh, how I wish we were more. What the hell? I did not think that. It is my brain playing tricks on me again. Probably trying to test if I’m faithful to Jaz, which I am. I would never cheat.

I looked over at Tanner and he looked like he was having a battle with the work. Poor kid, he was always stressed out about Maths. I really do feel sorry for him.

I lean over and whisper in his ear “dude, don’t worry this class will be over soon,” I pat his back and pull away. He nods at me and starts writing down the notes, which I better start doing as well. I do not want to fail the upcoming test. I finally got the notes finished just as the bell rang. I began cleaning my stuff up as Ian come over, I smiled at him and he and Tanner began talking. They are so cute together. They were talking for a while until I heard my name.

“Parker and I were having a movie night on Friday---,” I quickly interrupted Tanner. We could so double date.

“Dude we could totally double date. It would be perfect. You two, Jaz and me. I’m setting up my projector in my backyard. We’ll put out some blankets and stuff, it will be awesome,” I was so excited.

“Yeah that’s a good idea,” Ian laughed and Tanner smiled, I somehow got the feeling Tanner’s smile was forced. I just let it sweep past, he just had Maths, he is probably not in the mood to smile.

“I’ll run it by Jaz first. So I’ll see you guys later,” I smiled at then and ran out of the room, going towards Jaz’s locker. I skidded when I got around the corner and walked slightly walked behind her. I squeezed her waist and scared her.

“Parker, what the hell?” She said, sounding annoyed. Obviously someone got up on the wrong side of the bed.

“Sorry babe, I just wanted to tell you something,” I said sweetly, hoping she would forgive me.

“What?” she sighed. She was really pissy this morning.

“Well Tanner and I were talking and we were thinking on Friday Tanner, Ian, you and I could all have a movie night. What do you think?” I asked.

“Number one, I don’t want to be around Ian. He is disgusts me,” she complained.

“Hey, that’s one of my friends,” I argued back.

“And number two I’m doing girl stuff that night,” she stated.
God, I am really get sick of this. She never wants to hang out with Ian or Tanner anymore. I’m starting to think she has a problem with them.

“Come on babe,” I dragged out the e in the babe to make her give in.

It didn’t work,” no Parker. I’m not going, and that’s the end,” after that little hissy fit she stormed off.

I definitely need to talk to Tanner.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG SORRY IT TOO FOREVER.
i have been soooo busy
I have this drama play coming up, we are doing Alice In Wonderland.
im exciteddd.

COMMENTS<3333
Word count 1,673

title dedication:
Counting The Stars- Short Stack.