Dark Passion Play

Golden Eyes

The next few days passed by with normalcy. This December 17 had to be the worst yet. I kept fighting with Logan as he insisted that I be taken to the hospital or the fuckin psych ward. I am not fucking crazy, but we are going anyway to get myself taken care of.

“You ready to go?” He asked putting on his jacket.

“No, I don’t want to.” I grumbled putting on my shoes, knowing either way I’d end up going.

“Zena, you know I care about you. I just want what’s best for you. Trust me I’ll make it up to you later.” He said with a cute smirk on his face. I smirked to myself and he pushed me out of the door.

Next thing I know, I end up in the fucking emergency room because I have a broken shoulder. They loaded me up on a bed and started to wheel me to the O.R. Logan was pretty freaked out, I know he doesn’t like hospitals in general, especially with me in them.

“Lo, I’m gonna be fine. It’s just my shoulder.” I said and he sighed.

“I know, but its still surgery! I have a right to be worried!” He said nervously laughing.

“You’re a weenie.” I said and I laughed hard at my own childish joke. He flicked my nose and I scrunched my face.

“Okay Ms. Baker, you’re going to be prepped for surgery now.” One of the nurses informed and they started to take me away. Logan gave me a chaste kiss on my lips and I smiled.

“I’ll be fine baby.” I said and they wheeled me through white double doors into a pristine white room with surgical equipment. They put the mask over my mouth and nose, and I my eyes darted around at my surroundings.

“Okay, Zena just count backwards from ten.” The doctor in scrubs and a face mask said and I nodded.

Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six……five……f-four…

I was standing on a straight road covered in white snow, and tall, bare, snow covered trees towered over me. At the end of the road stood a man that just looked like a black silhouette. We both started walking towards each other and I watched as he slowly faded into view. He had spiky black hair that was aimed in many directions. He wore a black button up with nothing underneath, a white studded belt and ripped faded jeans and paint splatters, and black Nikes. He had a stud in his right nostril, and a button nose. He had angled eyebrows and his golden honey eyes were rimmed with thick black eyeliner.

He was amazing…I’d never seen such a creature as beautiful as he was. He had a stone cold deadly look in his eyes, and it brought down a cold atmosphere for me. His icy stare fit in perfectly with the environment.

“Zena.” He said my name flawlessly, as If he had said it so many times before. As if he knew me. We circled around each other getting closer until he brought me into his chest holding me by my arms. His head dipped down and his nose brushed mine, his intense eyes bored holes into mine and I melted under his gaze. His eyes averted to my neck where he dipped down and brushed the nape of my neck with his lips, and I flinched as his cold skin touched mine.

His lips ghosted over the sore bite that I had on my neck and a warm wet tongue flicked out and licked over the mark, and I felt a tingling over it. He seemed to relish in the taste.

“This…you are mine now…You’ve been mine forever.” I pulled away and stared into his eyes with shock.
“W-what?” I asked scared, and his eyes clouded over with a look of black murder. His hands grabbed my face, squeezing in my jaw.

“I. Am. Your. Master.” He said and we appeared inside of the large looming house I escaped from. I ripped away from him and ran down a winding hallway. I could hear his voice taunting and calling for me.

“Zena…baby you know I love you.” He called out sinisterly. I took another turn and ran up a flight of stairs.

“Zeeennnaaaa…you can run, but you can’t hide from me.” He taunted, his voice echoing in my ears. I ran into a room that looked familiar. It had sparkly black floors, a white ceiling and black walls. I backed up looking at the door and I hit a chest. I turned around and I saw the man who tried to save me.

“You need to get out…” he called out in a far away voice. He began to disintegrate and fall apart like a cigarette slowly burns. His skin slowly burned away leaving the skull from his eyes down.

“You aren’t safe. You’re gonna die… he’s coming…he’s coming….he’s coming…” He said as his body blew away in an array of ashes. I released a shrill scream as I grasped at the air as he blew away.

“I came back for you Zena. I brought you back to me and you left. That hurt.” He said from behind me, grabbing my hips and pulling me into him. He dipped his head back to my neck and sucking on my neck. I felt large teeth protrude as he grazed my skin.

“I thought you loved me. Like I love you.” He taunted, laughing maliciously as fear radiated from me.

“It hurts even more, that I have to kill you.” He said before plunging his teeth right into my vein and blood poured out, spilling onto me and him. He laughed as he mauled my neck, tearing me apart alive. The screams that crawled up my throat burst my vocal chords, and brought blood to my mouth.

you’re dying….I’ll see you there…I’ll see you there….I’ll see you in hell.”

The same voice that I had heard from the man sounded in my head.

“Brian…” I whispered as I met eyes with him. His eyes returned from their pitch black state and he held me in his arms. He put his forehead to mine as I faded away from life.

“No…” He murmured as he pressed his lips to mine.

You’re burning down...


I woke up in shock as I screamed out in terror. Nurses rushed into my room to check my vitals, and my heart monitor was beeping like crazy.

“Shh, Ms. Baker you just had a nightmare, everything is fine.” One of them said trying to calm me; Logan was immediately at my side smoothing my hair.

“Shhh baby…it will all be okay…” No it won’t. My life is slowly spiraling out of control. You don’t understand! I shook my head.

“No…no…” I murmured, my eyes darting around the room. I wasn’t safe, just like he said. I couldn’t sleep, I won’t sleep again. I refuse to be a victim to my mind.

“Zena, its all okay.” The doctor assured smoothing my hair in a comforting way. I shrunk a little. He started talking to Logan and I could see them both discussing my position as it I wasn’t here…plotting against me I’m sure.

God, I sound insane…but I’m not. I’m not crazy, I know what I fucking saw. I had this huge cast on my shoulder, and a generic arm sling. They had to put screws and metal in my shoulder blade to fix the splintering.

Logan nodded and came back to my side. They loaded me out of the bed and onto a wheelchair and wheeled me out of the room and into an elevator.

“Where are we going?” I asked Logan as he held my hand and the doctor scribbled down stuff on his clipboard.

“You’re going to see Dr.Shian.” Logan said squeezing my hand and I got pissed.

“Didn’t I say I didn’t need to see a shrink!” I said raising my voice.

“Zena, you’re going.” He said firmly and I grumbled, mumbling many expletives under my breath. They wheeled me into an office where a guy who looked like a typical shrink sat. He was balding, wore circular glasses and had a moustache and beard. He had a nametag on his white lab coat.

“Hello, I understand you are Zena Baker.” He smiled at me and offered to shake my hand. I looked at my shoulder and I just offered the other.

“Yeah.” Logan and the doctor left the room.

“Okay, so I understand you have been through a traumatic experience that caused you to heavily hallucinate?”

“No, not at all. I’m serious this happened exactly the way I’m going to say.” He crossed his leg and readied his pen on his pad in typical style.

“I went to the park on December 17th. That was the day my brother left, and I usually remember him on that day. I was walking along a trail in Central Park when I was attacked by a huge wolf. It bit my neck and broke my shoulder. I tried to get it off me but it wouldn’t move. Then out of nowhere another wolf came and tackled it off of me. I’ve seen the wolf that saved me before. I’d seen it running around when it was a puppy when I was a kid. I woke up in a strange house where the attacking wolf was. I was soon met by a mysterious man who told me I had to get out and it wasn’t safe. I jumped out of the three story window and he caught me. He told me to run into the forest and don’t look back, so I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. When I reached a clearing, I was back in central park and I looked back anyway and the scene didn’t look different. It looked just like the normal park. From there I ran home and Logan took me here.” I said remembering the bizarre occurrence.

He took notes in his book.

“I believe that you are telling the truth, however it could also be the possibility that you had dreamed all of that while in the hospital, after you were treated for the dog bite.” I had felt relieved for a second before he made the implication that I was dreaming.

“Doc, I honestly don’t think I dreamed it.” I said trying to reason.

“I’m sorry Zena; I don’t understand how that could be physically possible. I’m just going to assign you to get lots of rest and to stay indoors for a while.” Well some fuckin doctor you are! I forced a smile and blew air out of my nose. Logan came back in and they wheeled me out of the Psychiatric office.

“How did it go?”

“Horrible, I don’t want to talk…” I said looking at the annoying bright white hospital scene.

“Okay Zena.” He said frustrated. He was seriously annoying me. Everyone was, and I had to stay here overnight since I was recovering very well. They left me in my room, and Logan went to kiss me goodbye. I moved my head to the side as he went to kiss my lips. He sighed as he kissed my cheek and left the room.

They turned off the light and the only sound I could hear was the rhythmic electronic beeping of my heart monitor. Moonlight filtered in through my window, leaving shadows in the room. Every other sound brought me to my senses and I went I high alert. I pushed myself not to fall asleep and I kept my eyes wide awake until they started to burn a little.

I heard a growl resonate in my ear and I brought the covers up over my face to shield myself for whatever was out there. I closed my eyes in hopes of shutting out anything that wanted in. I wanted to wait out the night but something was in here. Something was trying to get to me. I wasn’t safe either way…my mind was falling apart.

I’d managed to stay up the entire night, listening to the constant beep of the monitor. My eyes were baggy, dry and heavy by the time 10 am rolled around. A nurse skipped into my room with a breakfast tray and set it in front of me.

“Good morning Ms. Baker!” She greeted smiling at me and I faked a smile. I dug into the food like a starving child even though it wasn’t that good, I liked the Jell-O though. About 30 minutes later Logan walked in carrying a bouquet of flowers.

“Morning babe.” He said smiling and I honestly smiled. I thought it was cute he bought flowers.

“Morning lo.” I said groggily as I yawned.

“Did you sleep at all?” He asked and I shook my head no.

“You should really get some sleep. I don’t think it’s healthy to go so long without sleep.” I ignored him

“Did you bring me chocolate?” I asked cutely and he pulled out a giant Hershey’s from his pocket.

“Of course you want chocolate fatso.” He joked and I just bit into the chocolate hungrily. Id been craving some since three am. The vile doctor came in and smiled at us.

“Good Morning Ms. Baker. I take it you are ready to go home.” He said

“Yes.” I just replied trying not to lose my temper as I was seriously cranky.

“Well just sign these discharge papers and we can check you out.”

“Thank you.” I smiled so forcefully it looked like I was trying to restrain myself from yelling. He gave me a weird look and I returned it before signing my signature on the paper. Logan brought me clothes and I quickly went and changed into them. It was quite the challenge due to the deathtrap on my shoulder.

“Zena, are you sure that’s what happened to you?” Logan asked as we entered the front door of our house, hearing Rocky’s collar jingle and her loud bark.

“Yes. I’m positive.” I said getting tired of this game.

“I’m sorry honey. It’s just such a crazy story.” He said kissing my neck.

“I did say I’d make it up to you later.” He said smiling against my skin. The way his skin touched my skin didn’t light the blaze like it did when he did it. I found myself shocked at this and I jerked away. He looked at me confused.

“Lo we can’t. My shoulder.” I pouted and he nodded and smiled kissing my neck.

“Okay Zeen.” I choked up. I haven’t been called Zeen in years, and mainly the person who called me it was Zacky.

“Lo I’m tired.” I said wrapping my arm around his neck and he scooped me up, minding my injuries as he carried me up the stairs.

“Go to sleep then.” I had to. I couldn’t stay up anymore; it was killing me even more. I felt the soft mattress envelop my body, and I nearly knocked out when I closed my eyes. The only things I saw behind my heavy lids were.

Golden Eyes
♠ ♠ ♠
Update!
Comment on the creepyness!

*mV*