Whoever She Is

Eleven

Isabelle

CRASH.

I looked down at Garrett who's face was planted to the ground, the scene running through my mind over and over again.

I waited as Garrett leaned over, misstepping onto something and slipping into me, hitting his head on my stomach, causing me to bend over in pain as he continued his way down to the ground.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?!" I asked, getting on my knees to help him and holding out my hand for him to take.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He said, using one hand to take mine and the other to rub his face. I helped him up as everyone rushed in, asking things like, "What's going on!" and "DON'T BANG IN THE KITCHEN!" making me laugh a bit.

After helping him up, he collected pieces of broken glass that fell with him.

"Everything's good, and sorry John, one of your glasses broke," I said with a sheepish smile.

"Psh, it's not like I care," He murmured, waving it off and walking out of the kitchen, a different way they all came in from. I glanced around to see Riley's face flushed as she leaned away from Pat.

"What's wrong?" I mouthed as Jared and Kennedy mumbled on.

"Nothing!" She mouthed back.

"Tell me!"

"Not now!" She replied and I nodded in response.

"One se-" I started to say out loud.

"Wrong way.." John anounced, coming out of the door he just came from and went the way everyone originally came from. All the guys but Pat mumbled and left, following John.

"Um Pat, can we have a girl talk please?" I asked Pat. He nodded awkwardly and left the room to meet with the others.

"What's up?" I asked with a sly smile, dragging the U.

"Nothing.." She murmured, looking away.

"Tell mee!" I said, pretneding to be super mad by grabbing her shoulders and shaking her like crazy.

"Pat asked me out.." She said quietly, just loud enough for me to hear her, grab her, and scream with happiness. After a while of us.. well, just me, doing a happy dance, I let go of her, and backed up to look at her.

"What's wrong?"

"Well.." She started, "I don't know what to say.. we heard a huge crash before I could say anything."

"What were you going to say?" I asked, letting go of her shoulders.