Whoever She Is

Sixteen

Riley

"Actually, I want to go home," I snapped. "Belle, can you please just..." I trailed off, looking away from Pat. She licked her lips for a moment, looking from Pat to me and back.

"Alright," she sighed. "Night, Pat."

"Night," he said, "Night, Riley," he added. I rolled my eyes, following after Belle to her car. It wasn't until we were out of the parking lot that she said anything. Even when she did, it was slow and quiet.

"What happened, Ri?" she asked. I huffed, kicking the glove compartment.

"I didn't want to see that fucking movie," I informed. She snorted, shaking her head slightly.

"Are you seriously mad about a movie?" she questioned. "Riley, I know you're easily angered..." she started.

"I AM NOT!" I interrupted.

"Sure you're not," she chuckled. "But really. You let your date with the guy who's been in love with you and that you sort of liked because you picked a bad movie?"

"I didn't want to see it," I sighed. "I hid behind him the entire time after telling him eight times I didn't want to see it. I didn't pick it, he did. And I have John and Jared to thank for it."

"Oooh," she mumbled. "Well, that sort of changes things. Scary movie?" she guessed. I nodded.

"Really? You of all people?"

"It was bad, alright?" I sighed. "Now just be quiet. Those bimbos' cheap perfume gave me a massive headache." I leaned my head against the window.

"Poor Pat," she mumbled. I rolled my eyes.

"Poor Pat? What have you been smoking?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"He's been in love with you since like, forever, and he finally got his date with his dream girl and she stormed off in a huff. Twice," she pointed out, "So yes. Poor Pat." I rolled my eyes, closing them sortly afterwards.

"He'll bounce back. They always do."

_____

"Garrett! Just stop, I don't want to hear it!" I snapped.

"Riley, don't be so heartless. He's..." he started.

"Heartless? You think I'm being heartless?" I cackled. "How about I just didn't have a good time? Huh? It happens. He took me to see a movie I didn't want to go see and I told him I didn't want to go see and then these stupid bimbos are all like 'you're totes awes! Let's, like, take a picture!' and shit and I left," I explained.

"Riley! That's part of his job. He's in a band, remember?" he sighed. "If you saw...I don't know...Alex Gaskarth in a movie theater, wouldn't you want a picture with him?"

"Not if he was on a fucking date, which he obviously was," I growled. "Isabelle, can you get your damn boy toy to just leave the fuck alone? If someone had taught him how to take a girl to a movie, which he obviously could have, then we wouldn't be having this discussion?"

"Riley, he's not my...!" she groaned, blushing and just leaving the 'boy toy' out.

"Riley, just..." Garrett started again but I held up my hand and he stopped.

"No, I'm not listening to this crap anymore," I informed, grabbing my keys off the table. "I'm sick of this. Of you guys making me feel guilty because I didn't have a good time on a date!" With that, I stormed out, got into my car and left without any real direction.