Whoever She Is

Four

Riley

I tilted my head at Belle, my taco chilling between my lips, but I stopped right before I took a bite. She had a sort of weird look on her face and I was almost afraid to look to see what she was looking at. I put my taco back down on the wrapper, looking over at what she was looking at.

"You are shitting me," I mumbled, looking away quickly. "I mean, really?" Belle snorted, looking away.

"They're probably going to think we're stalking them now," she giggled, taking a bite of her taco. "Funny how things work out," she said, her mouth full of food. I picked up my taco again, glancing over at the boys, who still hadn't noticed we were there, and then took a bite of my taco, humming in pleasure. Tacos are easily the most amazing food ever.

"Yeah, I guess," I replied, my face covering my lips so it'd be slightly less gross for me to be talking with my mouthful. "Who knows, they might not even notice us," I added, taking that moment to swallow the mouthful of food.

"Exactly," she said, nodding. "Let's just pretend like they're not even here." I nodded, smiling at her.

"Sounds like a deal," I sighed, taking another bite of my taco. I tried my hardest to not look over at them, but eventually I did cast them another sideways glance to see that Pat was staring right at me. I squeaked, turning back to Belle quickly, enough for my neck to crack and then not want to move. I winced, trying to relax it, looking at Belle to see a weird look pointed at me.

"What's your deal?" she asked, taking another bite of her taco. I made a face, tilting my head, my neck tightening, towards the boys.

"He's staring at me," I mouthed. Belle rolled her eyes, looking passed me to see them. She too squeaked, looking back over at me.

"He so is," she informed, nodding. I rolled my eyes.

"For serious? Still?" I asked. She glanced again, nodding. I bit my lip, turning my head to the side, hearing it crack again and sighing with relief. I shook my head a little, taking a smaller bite of my taco.

"You should so go over!" she said, raising her eyebrows at me. I shook my head.

"No," I said shortly. "If he wants to talk to me, he'll come over to me," I added. It was a little...odd that he was staring at me, I had caught him doing that once or twice back in school, but still.

"What happens if he comes over anyway?" I added, finishing off my taco. "Let's just pretend like he wasn't just staring at me." Belle rolled her eyes.

"He still is," she informed. I bit my lip, glancing back over at him to see that she wasn't lying. I bit my lip, raising my hand in a sort of wave. He blinked a couple times before waving back. I giggled a little, turning around to face my friend again.

"This is so awkward," I giggled, shaking my head. She too giggled, shaking her head back at me, more in a mocking sort of way than anything else.

"Well, suck it up, because they're both coming over," she informed, sitting up straighter, looking passed me to the two guys. "Hey," she greeted, smiling brightly. I bit my lip, closing my eyes for a second. Oh, they were so going think we were stalking them.