Whoever She Is

Nine

Isabelle

I glanced at Pat as Riley rushed to the door. His face was so heart broken as Garrett apologized to him multiple times. One more glance around, I mumbled, "`Scuse me," and followed Riley's exact steps.

Running after her as she tried to make her getaway, I grabbed her by her shoulders, I spun her in a 180 degree so she was facing me.

"What's wrong?!" I yelled in her face, something I did often when I was frustrated with her.

"Have you ever been embarrassed before?!" She yelled back. I winced at the volume of her voice and stared at her robotically.

"You're overreacting," I told her like it was nothing. "Come on!" I said, as I started pulling her arm back to John's place.

Groaning inwards, she stopped resisting, "On one condition," She paused for a minute, "Do something to change the subject, please. It's just so awkward! Every thing's so awkward!" She said.

"That's cause you and Pat are both awkward people." I told her.

"Did I mention you're extremely bipolar and I think you should get a doctor to check you. Oh, and you should take those bipolar pills," She said.

Rolling me eyes, we entered the house once again.

"Um, welcome back.." Kennedy said, confused.

"Why hello there!" I said, relaxing into the seat next to him while Riley just took the seat she occupied earlier.

"Did I mention I like your hair?" He asked, ruffling my hair. And just out of the corner of my eyes, it seemed like Garrett was glaring at Kennedy.

"No touchy," I murmured jokingly, pretending to be mad as I scrunched myself towards the other side of the couch. "And I like my hair too," I finished with a smile.

"So.. about P-"

"I LOVE CABBAGE PATCH KIDS!" I yelled, cutting off John, trying to avoid the subject like Riley asked for.

"No way! I actually got one of the 25th anniversary doll! It took me forever to find!" Jared gushed.

"Get out! I was looking for one everywhere! I couldn't find any! Aren't they like, super hard to find?!" John joined in. I looked at them both like they were crazy, since it seemed like the last thing they'd be into.

"Hey, can I get a glass of water or something?" I asked, getting up.

"Yeah, totally, in the kitchen, you'll find it," John said.

"I'll help you," Garrett said, getting up. We both walked into the kitchen and Garrett opened up a cabinet revealling a series of glasses. Leaning against the counter, I reached up and grabbed a glass. Turning around, I noticed Garrett leaning against me, trying to get a glass, himself. Both of our faces turning red, he leaned in for a moment.