Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

That night I lay awake in bed. I was somewhat sleepy, but I lay awake and waiting. Snores could be heard from the other band members as I lay in my bunk. He did not fall asleep. He is just waiting. He wants to make sure they are dead asleep before he comes down. Do not worry. Yet, the waiting was killing me.

I soon heard movement from the bunk above me. I heard him gracefully jump down and slide my curtain aside.

“You're late,” I said, propping myself up on my side.

“I wanted to make sure they were asleep,” He told me, climbing in beside me, giving me a kiss.

The others knew about Frank and me. Yet, when you are on a cramped tour bus, you do not always get alone time. Someone is always popping his head into your bunk to see what you are doing. Frank and I always schedule ‘alone time’ at night, while the others are sleeping.

I lay my head down on my pillow with my back to Frank as he drew me near to him, wrapping his arms around me. I could feel his breathing on my neck and his heart beat on my shoulder blade.

He placed his chin on my shoulder reaching for the zipper to my skeleton pajamas, “Are you tired?”

“You know I want to,” I laughed lightly as he started to pull the zipper, “but not tonight.”

Frank drew his hand away.

“Not when they are around,” I took grasp of his hand that had slipped down a little too far and brought it back up to my chest, holding it there. “Remember the last time we tried on the bus?”

Frank chuckled, “I’ll never forget the look on Mikey’s face.”

“Let’s just talk tonight,” I yawned.

“No,” Frank said, “you’re tired, Gerard. Get your rest.”

I waited for him to leave, but he stayed.

He let go of my hand to grab the blanket at the end of my bed and wrapped it around the two of us. He snuggled closer to me as if I was his long lost teddy bear.

I was surprised, “You’re not going to go back to your bunk?”

“No, I want to stay here with you,” Frank said, “because I don’t like sleeping alone anymore.”

I smiled, stroking his arm, “Same here.”

“Good night, Gerard,” He kissed my cheek.

“Good night, Frank,” I said, closing my eyes, “oh and Frank?”

He brought his head up, “Yeah?”

“Thanks for staying.”

He did not say anything back. He just lay back down and gave me a tight squeeze before drifting off to sleep himself.

The End