Different

E I G H T E E N; Butterflies

I woke up on the couch, my hand curled against a piece of paper. I mumbled something incoherent then opened it up.

Vince
555-982-6661


I smiled, remembering him. He was incredibly sweet, he had a great sense in music, he was funny, and he was so fucking sexy. I giggled thinking of him, and checked the time before calling him.

“Hello?” A voice mumbled when it stopped ringing.

“Vince?” I said, “Hey, it’s Alex. I was wondering if you wanted to go get coffee...”’

His voice instantly became bright, “Sure! Where do you want to go? What time?”

I giggled, and told him where to go, and the time.

“Okay,” He said, “I’ll meet you there. Bye.”

“Bye,” I whispered, smiling. I squealed as I set the phone down and ran off to the bathroom to get ready. I curled my hair, and did my makeup then got on a semi-casual outfit before grabbing my car keys and heading out the door.

As I entered Starbucks, I smiled brightly when I saw Vince sitting at a table, sipping coffee.

I walked over and said a quick, “hello.”

He beamed as he saw me, “Hey! How are you?” He stood up and gave me a hug. I inhaled, smelling the familiar scent of Axe and another scent that made butterflies erupt in my stomach.

“I’m good, what about you?” I said, sitting down.

“I could be better. I have a humongous hangover at the moment.”

I frowned, empathic, “I’m sorry to hear that. Hey, I’m going to go order my coffee and I’ll be right back.”

“Okay.” I stood back up and went to the small line behind the cash register. As I ordered my coffee, I stole glances at Vince.

When I got back to the table, we both started talking. When I finished my coffee, I threw it away, and looked at my watch, frowning.

“Hey,” I said to Vince, “I gotta go. I had a really nice time.”

He grinned, “Yea, me too. Would you, uh, want to go do this again?”

I smiled, and looked at him under my eyelashes, “Yeah. Just call me.” I kissed him on the cheek and left Starbucks, smiling wide.

||Two Months Later||

It had been two months since Starbucks, and since then, Vince and I have been going on little dates that made me smile widely. After the fifth date, he finally asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. The guys met him on the eight date and instantly liked him. The girls clicked with him and joked around with him like they did with me.

Jack and I are friends and we sometimes hang out and cause mayhem with Dru and Alex. I found out that he has a sweet girlfriend that is perfect for him.

It was now the date of BJ and Brian’s wedding and I was helping her get ready for it. She wore a long white dress that cascaded down her body like a waterfall. For the bridesmaids and I, we wore green strapless dresses that ended near our knees. Outside the tent, the waves crashed down on the shore of Mexico, as I suggested those many months ago. Vince was sitting among the audience in a nice white shirt with nice shorts and sandals. I found myself melting when I saw him.

When the music started, I went to go out the tent, but BJ grabbed my arm. She had tears in her eyes and a smile on her face.

“Alex,” She whispered, “Thank you....For everything. I love you.”

I smiled, and tears pricked my eyes, “Thank you, Beej. You helped me realize that he was no good. I would be dead if not for you.”

With that, I walked out of the tent and started down the aisle with Jimmy, who was Brian’s best man.

“Hey, Jimbo,” I whispered to him.

He smiled, “Hey, munchkin.”

When the ceremony was over, all of us cheered wildly and congratulated them. Looking around at my friends, and my boyfriend, I realized this is where I was supposed to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so two more chapters and then there's the sequal!
Are you excited?
Please, please, please comment!!!

Coffee
wedding