Evil Obsession

Chapter 3

A couple of nights later I awoke in the middle of the night with a start, how I could even sleep considering that fact that someone was murdered in that house, is beyond me. The upper half of my body sprang from the mattress, sweat dripping from every pore in my body causing my tank top to glue itself to my skin. I pulled my damp hair out of my face and rubbed the sleep out my eyes while I tried to calm racing my heart. I don't know what the hell I dreamed about but it was most definitely not pleasant.

I placed my feet on the cold hardwood floor, and stood there for a moment, trying to get used the dark. But for one quick second, a cold breeze on the back of my neck chilled me to the bone. I don't have a window in my room...

I wrapped my arms around myself, now feeling really exposed and unprotected. "W-Whos there?" I stuttered. I felt like I wasn't alone.

The only response was more cold breathing on the back of my neck; each breathe seemed become louder and louder as I grew more terrified. I wanted so bad to run out of the room and jump into my brothers bed but he wasn't here to protect me and plus I'm pretty sure I'm too afraid to even budge. My feet pretty much felt like concrete blocks.

What finally got a stir out of my body is when the hallway light flicked on, and the presence in my room vanished. My legs buckled and I slid to the floor with a loud thud. I was trembling when Kristy entered my room.

"Hey Honey bee. Can I borrow your- Wow. You look like you've seen a ghost. " stated my sister, using my nickname that all my family members use occasionally.

I let out a shallow laugh and whispered under my breathe. "You have no idea."

"What?"

"Nothing. What did you want?"

"Oh! Can I borrow your Ipod? I want to listen to some All Time Low. " She asked.

I sighed and nodded. "Plugged into the laptop."

And then she was gone, skipping down the hallway and humming a happy tune like she usually does, forgetting about my terrified self. Thats what I love the most about my sister, she was always upbeat and can bring a smile to anyones face. She pretty much the complete opposite of me. She's pretty, smart, athletic, upbeat, a little oblivious but still. And I'm just....average. Everyone loved her more. Its always been that way, even when we were little. And I've always been a bit jealous of her.

BAM!

"...Kill...Them." A demonic voice whispered.

My eyes turned into saucer plates. I leaped up and flicked on my light switch. My room was completely empty. The picture of me when I was 13, which I put in my desk so my parents wouldn't think I had mental issues, was laying in the middle of the room out in the open. Sweat trickled from my temple down to my chin.

"Hannah! Hurry up and get ready! We're going swimming." My mother called from downstairs.

I immediately complied.

- - -

"Hannah! Watch out!" Kristy screamed.

I whipped around and spotted the object speeding towards me. Adrenaline kicked in as I tried to dodge the projectile but it was too late.

The beach ball hit me square in the nose.

I glared at my sister as she laughed hysterically. How dare she! She's so gonna find a June bug in her bed tonight. I thought smirking. Kristy didn't even notice me plotting, she was too busy flirting with the boys she just met. What a whore. Don't get me wrong, I love my sister to death, but thats the absolute truth. And thats pretty bad coming from her sister.

I sighed and titled my head back, allowing the sun to warm my skin as I kicked my feet in the water. But my peaceful moment was quickly ruined.

"Hey."

I peeked my eye open and stared at the dark figure looming over me. "Hello?"

"Its me. From the library." I squinted up at him for a moment before I pulled my legs out of the pool and stood up.

I stared into his sad brown eyes and spoke. "I was hoping I would see you again. I need to apologize."

He raised an eyebrow. "For what?"

"Being nosy."

"Oh. Your fine. I should be the one apologizing, which is kinda why I came to talk to you. I'm sorry. I was being...rude that day. Its was uncalled for." He said sincerely, while scratching the back of his head nervously.

"Its fine." I said with a small smile. He's cute when he's nervous.

"Can we start over?" He asked.

I now had a full smile. "I would like that."

He smiled back. " Hey. My names Brent. " He stuck out his hand.

I shook it. "I'm Hannah."

He titled his head slightly. "Never met a Hannah before."

"Well their's not that much of our kind around."

He chuckled. "Oh really?"

"Yeah, We're known for being weird."

"I'd believe it. "

And then for the rest of the time I was there, Brent and I just...talked. About pretty much everything that you could talk about in till my parents decided it was time to go home. I was a little sad because I had to stop talking to him but I quickly cheered up after he gave me his number. All the way home I listened to happy songs. But my mood was immediately ruined after I realized I was going back to [i[that house.

This is going to be a long summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Criticism is welcomed and appreciated.