Status: completed, i just have to get all of the chapters posted.

You'll End Up Like Her

/ two /

“Honey, may I talk to you?” My mom said softly while sticking her head in my room just slightly.
“Sure, come in, Mom,” I forced a weak smile and waved her in.
“Great,” she sighed, “I, um, have some news. We’re… well, we’re moving.”
“W-what?! That’s great!” I yelled happily.
“It’s great? I thought you’d be upset about it,” Her eyes showed shock.
“Why? It’s not like I have any friends here… plus, the friends I did have won’t criticize me. No one has to know about Drake. It’s a new beginning.”
“That’s great!” Her eyes glistened.
“It really is, well, I’m going to read this book,” I held up the book I had to finish up before school started. She nodded and walked out slowly, as if unsure.

A week came and went, we were lucky enough to find a house in Lutherville-Timonium quickly. We lived in a nice neighborhood with… well, nice neighbors.
There was this couple around my parents’ age who apparently lived a lone, but I knew they had a son around my age. I overheard them talking about him while they were greeting my parents briefly. I still didn’t understand if they had a son my age, why would he not live with them? I just shrugged it off and started unpacking my clothes and setting them in drawers and my closet. My room was on the opposite wing of my brother’s and parent’s, right next to the guest room. A bathroom right in-between the two rooms.
We were still setting up furniture and everything needed to have a decent home in a short period of time. While folding a pair of skinny jeans, I looked out of my window and saw a boy. This boy had shaggy, messy brown hair. This boy was gorgeous even from afar. I guess you could say I was right, moving was a great opportunity to start a new beginning…
Ding-dong. Ding-dong. Ding-dong. Dingdongdingdongding-
“Hello…” I muttered before even looking up to see who was at the door.
“Oh, um, hey,” The boy, the boy with the skinny jeans and the hair.
“Hi,” I mumbled, looking down.
“Well, my mom wanted me to give this to you and your family,” He grinned when I finally looked up.
“Thanks, you’re welcome to come in if you’d like,” I took the beautiful pie from his hands and set it on the marble counters, sliding my hand across the cool surface. My fingertips creating invisible words.
“So… you’re going to Dulaney…” He said as more of a statement than a question.
“Yeah, I am. I just really want to know… um, oh, never mind,” I sighed and sat down on one of the metal stools set in front of the kitchen. He joined me and sat also.
“No, what is it. I’ll answer all of your questions. Baby, I’m all yours,” He put his hands to his chest and smirked.
“Okay then… and, um, my question wasn’t important. How about… how old are you?”
“Seventeen, how about you?” He asked while playing with his hair.
“Almost seventeen. Twelve… yeah, twelve days.” I said after counting out the days in my head.
“Oh, cool. So you’ll be seventeen before school. That’s cool. Do you like music?”
“Yeah… I may seem like an idiot, but music is pretty much my life. I’m always listening to it. Either cooking, going for a walk, homework. Yeah, you could say I like music,” He smiled and went on to say something, but something else distracted him.
“Is that… is that an All Time Low CD?” He asked, now smirking.
“Um… yeah, why?” I was now confused and quite destined for an answer.
“Do you like them?” He asked.
“Well, yes. I love them. But, why?” I asked again.
“Oh, nothing. I just think they’re really awesome.” He grinned. Something made him suspicious.
“Yeah, I really love them. Want anything to drink? We have fruit punch, root beer, lemonade, iced tea… um, orange soda…” Before I could even look back, he was beside me in front of the refrigerator, grabbing his hand around in it. Pushing things around, and removing the contents.
“Orange soda, thanks,” He smiled wickedly and left me to put everything he took out back.
“You’re welcome,” I sighed.
“So, what’s your favorite All Time Low song?” He asked while taking a couple sips of his drink.
“Oh, um, probably Lullabies. The lyrics really… well, speak to me. I had… someone very close to me commit suicide,” I bit on my lip, trying not to cry.
“Yeah, it’s hard,” He mumbled.
“Hmm?”
“Oh, nothing…” He set his can down and stared at me.
“What?” I asked, blushing lightly.
“You’re absolutely beautiful,” He whispered while stepping closer to me.
“I, um, I meant what did you say… did someone close to you commit suicide?” I asked.
“Oh, yeah. My brother,” He mumbled. He kept on moving closer to me, to the point where I could feel him warm breath.
“I’m so… sorry to hear that,” I stepped back away from him.
“Yeah… who did you know that did?” He asked.
“My… um, boyfriend,” I muttered.
“Oh, I’m sorry,” He whispered, still creeping closer to me. I gave up and let him kiss me. He kissed me.
His lips brushed against mine softly, but for long enough to make my stomach do back-flips. He walked towards the door and opened it slowly. He turned around quickly, grinning.
“Oh, and, by the way, I’m Alex Gaskarth,” and with that, he turned back around and out the door.
Why did that name make bells go crazy in my head. Alex. Gaskarth. How did he know that the name was familiar to me? Alex Gaskarth. My eyes widened, Alex Gaskarth. No, it can’t be, that’s not possible. But, maybe it was.
I ran up the stairs, and thanked god that my dad had already set up my computer. My fingers slid across the keyboard, carefully typing his name. And right there, right there was my proof. On my computer screen there was a picture of the boy’s messy brown hair and skinny jeans. That boy I had just kissed moments before.
It was so surreal. I mean, I had just kissed someone that practically saved me. No, his music did save me. Sure, he was conceited and a little rude, I’ve got to give him props. He saved my life, he soothed me when I was crying. He didn’t know these things, and he never would.
Barging my thoughts, my parents walked through the door with groceries and smiles covering their faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
wooo...