Status: active, and very much so. planning to finish this, but i'd love feedback so please give me some.

Ten Things I Hate

Truth was, I had liked the group the way it was, and Pat was just another addition (like the others over the years) that I was convinced would more than likely fall back into another niche of friends because he couldn't handle the closeness of the rest of the group. But he didn't and it had been nine months since he'd initially been welcomed and I still was neither pleased nor indifferent. Pat was... well, he was Pat. He could be painfully shy, but then painfully loud on your eardrums at other times. Whilst everyone else had grown accustom to him being around, I however had not. While our "strictly classroom" relationship had opened doors for Pat to become close to the rest of my friends, I often frowned upon the sight of him with them. It wasn't Pat that I hated on the whole, it was just little things he did.

Sophia Delcaster introduced Pat Kirch to her friends, and for the love of God she can't really figure out why she did.
  1. Number 1: The way he snorted when he laughed.
    "That and, I was frustrated that his stupid pig snorting had interrupted my (however small it may have been) conversation with Kennedy. "
  2. Number 2: The way he had to ask questions during a movie.
    "I thought to myself that I would never judge Leatherface again, and that he had probably been driven insane by a movie questioner similar to Pat in the past."
  3. Number 3: How he'd stare at me purposefully for ages until I looked at him, then redirect his gaze
    I left Rachel's on that note, her voice burying its way into my brain. Whether she had been right, I wasn't so sure about that. But I was sure that she had planted a ticking time bomb in my head.
  4. Number 4: The way he'd get angry because someone was making fun of him.
    Perhaps Pat had attempted to make an effort, and I had been the dejected and nasty one.
  5. Number 5: The way he would offend someone, and never realise how he did it.
    "He'd done it again, his casual remarks not-so-casually hitting home. I decided to pick my battles, and left this burning insult be."
  6. Number 6: The way he'd utterly confuse me.
    "I honestly couldn't tell what I thought about him anymore."
  7. Number 7: How he was slowly and surely becoming different to all my previous assumptions.
    I never replied to that message, and sometimes I wonder today that if I had, things would be different right now.
  8. Number 8: How, all of a sudden, we'd found a connection that both of us never knew was there.
    "And my phone was still buzzing away, sitting there in the centre console, this time being ignored for a reason."