Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Prologue: "Going Home"

Prologue: "Going Home"
“Flight eleven-twenty-eight: Chicago, Illinois, to Newark, New Jersey will now begin boarding,” the announcement rang out through the loudspeakers.

I sighed as I got to my feet, picking up my single carry-on bag. I turned around to look at my family. My mom, dad, and my brother.

“I guess that’s me,” I said, giving my mom and dad hugs.

“Don’t worry, Lisa. You’ll be back soon,” my brother said, hugging me.

“Will you be home when I get back?” I asked.

“I don’t know. If they have me go out on another tour, I’ll leave the key under the mat. It’s only a week. I should be here,” he said. “I love you, sis.”

“Love you too.” I hugged him back and turned to leave.

I walked the long hall and entered the plane. I moved to my seat by the window, setting my backpack on the floor in front of me, after digging out my mp3 player of course. A young couple around my age sat in the two seats next to me. I gave them three minutes after take-off before they would start sucking each other’s faces off. I wasn’t too far off either. I blasted “Basket Case” by Green Day as I stared out the window, thinking.

Why am I taking this trip? Well, I originally resided in Belleville, New Jersey. Until
five years ago. My name is Lisa, and I’m 18 years old. I’m short, with brown eyes, and burgundy colored hair, that’s also kind of short. I’m usually a quiet person, unless I was with friends.

I’m going home for the first time in five years. Something happened in my family, and they ended up shipping me off to Chicago. Yes, the family I just left behind, they’re my foster family. My “brother’s” name is Bob. Yeah, he’s nearly eight years older than me, but we ended up getting really close. He moved out about a year after I moved in. I would’ve went with him, but he got this new job, so he was always traveling. He was a drum tech. I’ve not much of an idea what they do, but he was always touring with famous bands. Lately, he’s been working with a band called The Used. Not my kind of music that much, but they were a pretty good band. When Bob was off tour, I’d stay at his apartment with him. I sighed again.

“Please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for our landing in Newark, New Jersey,” the captain said.

Again, I sighed. I could feel the butterflies flying around in my stomach. I was nervous, scared. Why was I scared? I haven’t seen my family in five years, and it was awkward feeling, because of the incident. I was going back to visit my family, friends, and…him.