Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Sixteen: "Pick Up The God Damn Phone And C

Chapter Sixteen: "Pick Up The God Damn Phone And Call Her"

We had just gotten off tour, and we were home, resting. Drummer problems exceeded, and we finally got rid of that weird guy. Bob is our new drummer now. There's a few things about him that just make me mad. I don't think he told Lisa about me. He says he does, but she doesn't have anything to say. I just don't believe that. He was at the house with us for a few days before going home. I could never get him alone to talk to him. Until one night, I just snuck into his room and woke him up.

"Bob, I honestly want you to tell me. Does she even know that I know you?" I asked.

"Honestly?"

"Yes!" I said in a shouted whisper.

"No. I haven't told her. I don't know what she'll do. And, by now, I just can't go. 'Lisa, by the way, that band I'm in, your brother's in it too.' I don't think she'd like that."

"Why didn't you tell her in the first place?"

"Frank, I don't know. I just didn't want to start anything bad. Since I knew what happened and stuff, I didn't want anything else to go crazy or whatever. You want me to fly her out here when I get home?"

"Yes. I wanna see her again. I'll get the tickets and stuff and mail them. I wanna wait a month before seeing her. I know she'd be coming, and it'd give me time to prepare."

"Are you sure about this though? You two haven't seen each other in five years, and you only talked once for like two seconds. You really need to think about this...hard."

"I'll sleep on it, and call her tomorrow."

"I suggest you think longer about it."

"You're right. Thanks, goodnight." I walked out and went back to bed.

A week went by, and I spent every day of it thinking about this. I really did want her to come, but what if it happened again? Emily would be mad at me, she'd probably shoot me. Even after I told her what happened in the first place, she avoided me for a few days, before finally coming around.

"Baby, you still thinking about flying your sister out?" Emily asked, hugging me from behind.

"Yeah. I don't know what to do. What do you think?"

"I think you should. I'd like to meet her, and I'm sure everyone else would love to also," she said, settling herself in my lap.

"I don't know. What if it happens again?" I looked in Emily's eyes, and rubbed her forehead.

"It won't. You two need to just have a long talk. You said it was her fault anyways."

"Easy. I meant that it wasn't my fault as in I didn't tie her up and force her to. She did kinda come on to me, and I went along. I'm starting to realize that I did it because I didn't want her to get upset. I don't know."

"Sorry. I still think you should bring her out here. Please, Frankie. I wanna meet your sister." She gave me puppy eyes. "Pick up the god damn phone and call her."

"Okay. I'm gonna call her now before I decide against it." I picked up the phone and called.

"Hello?" someone answered.

"Is Lisa there?" I asked.

"Yeah. Hold on," she said. "Lisa, you have a phone call," a faint voice said.

"Who is it?" a voice said very faintly.

"I don't know, but he asked for you."

"Hello?" someone asked.

"Lisa?" I replied.

"Yeah."

"It's Frank."

"Hey," she said. "What's up?"

"Nothing much. Guess what?" I asked.

"What?"

"I'm bringing you home in a month," I said.

"What?"

"I'm bringing..."

"I heard you!" she snapped.

"Whoa, sorry," I said back.

"No, I'm sorry. Shock," she said. "I'm happy about it."

"I mailed the plane tickets, and all the info," I said.

"Cool..." she paused. "Frank?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you still think about...the incident?"

"Lisa, I'm really sorry about that. Let's just forget about it, please?" I asked.

"Yeah. Ok. See you next month?"

"Yeah. I'm looking forward to it," I said. "Love you, sis."

"Love you too, bro." She hung up.

Easier than I thought. But crap, I really had to prepare. I looked down at Emily. She looked happy. I felt relieved, but why was I scared?

"Baby?" she asked. "You okay?"

I was speechless. I didn't know what to say.

"Frank? Hello!! Earth to Frankie!" she yelled. "Frank, if you don't talk to me I'll poke you with a spoon!" she shouted.

"Sorry!" I snapped back into reality. "Emily, did I do the right thing?"

"What do you think?" she asked.

"I don't know, that's why I was asking you," I said, poking her stomach.

"Hey! God dammit, where's my spoon?" She tried to get up, but I pulled her back down and sat on her. "Hey!" she whined, trying to get out from under me. "Thank the fuck lord you're a midget, but you still are chubby and your ass hurts my ass," she said.

"Well, you tell me if I did the right thing, and I'll let you go," I said with a grin.

"What is going on in here?" someone asked, walking in the front door.

"Mikey!!! Frank's ass is holding me hostage!" Emily said.

"I called Lisa, I'm flying her here next month. Did I do the right thing?" I asked.

"Yes!" Emily shouted. "Now, let me up. I'll pinch you!" she said.

"Pinch me, you know you want to," I grinned, and she did. "Oww! Damn!"

"You know you liked that. Okay, for you to let me up. Yes, you did do the right thing. You two need each other. It's totally obvious. Now, let me up!"

I sighed and stood up, letting Emily get to her feet. She pushed me back down and sat, curling up next to me. Mikey sat on the other end of the couch too.

"Mikey? What do you think?" I asked.

"I think you did do the right thing. Emily's right," he said.

I sighed again. I tried to watch T.V, but I couldn't. I was really wondering if I did do the right thing. I just did this, and it was already driving me insane. I laid my head back, still thinking. Thinking myself into a deep sleep.