Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Seventeen: "Homecoming At The Airport."

Chapter Seventeen: "Homecoming At The Airport"

Since it was too crowded to bring everyone there, I just went alone. I asked Emily if she wanted to come, but she said I should go alone. It would be less awkward. I stood at the gate where she was supposed to get off. There was still about a half hour before she was scheduled to arrive, but I stood there, impatiently. I was getting antsy. I was getting more and more nervous. I was listening in, trying to hear them talk about how close they were.

"Are they close?" I asked, once again.

"They're on their way in," the person said, getting annoyed with me.

"Sorry, I'm just nervous," I said.

"I'll tell you when they've landed."

I sighed and went walking around. I didn't go far, I was just walking circles around the gate area. Nervous, nervous, nervous. I was starting to already go insane.

"Flight eleven twenty-eight from Chicago, Illinois has just landed and will soon begin unloading."

"Finally," I said, going to stand right at the gate.

They started coming off the plane. I watched each person walk past me. I looked at each of their faces. I didn't even know what she looked like. She could have totally changed. Five years could do a lot.

"Frank?" someone said behind me.

I turned, and blinked. She looked exactly the same, just a little taller and with a different hair color. She was up to my height now.

"Lis?" I said.

We stood, staring at each other for a few moments. Then, I just grabbed her and pulled her into me, embracing her tightly. She soon embraced me back. We held each other for about five minutes.

"I missed you so much," she said, her voice breaking a little.

"I missed you too." My voice was a whisper. "I'm so sorry."

"Let's just pretend nothing happened," she said.

"Yeah. Come on, let's take you home. Well, it's not our old
house, but still, it's home," I said.

We walked to get her suitcase. I had my arm over her shoulder,
still trying to believe that my sister was home. I grabbed her suitcase and we exited the airport. She stood there for a moment, taking in the sight, the smell, the excitement, of home. The ride was silent. Neither of us said a word. I didn't know what to say, so unless she spoke, I didn't want to say anything. I pulled into our driveway and got out. She was hesitant to.