Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Twenty One: "Who's Fault Is It Now?"

Chapter Twenty-One: "Who's Fault Is It Now?"

"Frank!? What the fuck are you doing!?" someone shouted from my doorway.

Frank sat up so fast that I wasn't prepared for it, and I fell on the floor.

"Fuck!" Frank shouted.

I rubbed my neck and looked. Emily was standing there, the look of shock and fear in her eyes. I looked at her quickly, then looked at the carpet, embarrassed.

"Emily, I can explain," Frank said, going after her as she went away.

"No! I can't believe this. It's wrong, it's...ugh, disgusting. That's your sister!" she shouted down the hallway.

Well, there goes the secret. I pulled my legs up into my chest and leaned into them. I listened to their indistinct shouting. I heard no other voices, which made me wonder if everyone else was home at all. I slowly got to my feet and walked out there. I felt like a five year old kid standing at the corner of the doorway watching their parents scream at each other.

"Maybe I should just leave again?" I said.

"No, Lisa, no. You don't have to go," Frank said. "Emily, please. I didn't mean to. I don't know what came over me. Will you forgive me?"

"Frank!? I saw you making out with your sister! That image is going to take a while to get out of my mind!" she said.

"Will you please not tell the others at least? I don't want the whole house to know." He attempted to hug her.

She attempted resistance, but it was futle. She may have been taller, but Frank embraced her and held on tightly. Eventually she gave in and hugged him back. I turned and headed back to my room, sitting on my bed, staring at the wall. I heard no more yelling, so I assumed that they made up with each other.

I sat on my bed, feeling so guilty. I didn't have this feeling five years ago. Why do I feel guilty? It wasn't my fault this time. He started it. Didn't he? Who's fault was it this time? Can't really say. I had mixed emotions. Too much quiet though. I slowly got to my feet and headed out. I found Frank and Emily on the couch, his arm around her as she was curled up next to him. They were watching something on T.V. They hadn't seen me peek in, so I turned and went back to my room, embarrassed to even look at them right now. I grabbed a pillow and hugged it, listening to a car pull into the driveway, their lights flashing into my room. I faced the wall, listening to the front door open and close, and the voices. Happy voices. The floor squeaked a little as someone came to my room. I pretended to be asleep.

"Lisa?" someone asked, knocking on the door.

I stared at the wall, relaxing my breathing, hoping they would take the hint and leave. They didn't, their footsteps came closer to me. I felt the bed weighed down a little from someone sitting on it. A hand then rested on my back gently. That's when I knew it wasn't Frank.

"Leave me alone," I grumbled.

"Frank said something went wrong. He wouldn't say anything though."

I sniffled, since I was crying a little bit. My head turned and I saw Mikey. For some reason, his presence calmed me down. Made me feel better. Seeing him there brought a weak smile to my face. I felt myself blushing too, but it was too dark to notice.

"Will you tell me what happened?"

"Umm..." I instantly felt embarrassed again. I didn't want to say it, but somehow, the words poured from me, along with many emotions. I smiled when I saw him there, and now I was sobbing into his shoulder.

I heard voices at my door, but Mikey was telling them to leave. It was silent again as I started to calm down from my moment. He was rubbing my back gently, like a parent to a child trying to calm them down. Eventually, I just stopped, sniffled, and looked up at him.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"About what?" he asked, looking at me.

"Me, getting all emotional. I've barely known you for a day, and
I'm already sobbing on you. You must think I'm a baby. A little immature kid who can't handle her own problems, and tries to release them off on other people."

"No, no. I don't think anything like that of you. What happened is something very serious, and I think it's good for you to talk about it. Come on, pizza awaits." He stood up, and held his hand out to me.

I smiled, took it, and he pulled me to my feet.

"Mikey?" I asked as we headed downstairs.

"Hmm?"

"Thanks," I said quietly, grabbing his hand.

"Anytime." He gave my hand a gentle squeeze as we joined the
others for dinner.

_______
awww....*Sniff sniff* Love is in the air...aint it??