Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Twenty Seven: "Did You Come To Stare Or Wa

Chapter Twenty-Seven: "Did You Come To Stare, Or Wash Away The Blood"

I regained consciousness, hearing a steady beeping sound,
and mixed voices.

"We got her. I think she's gonna be okay," someone said.

My eyes fluttered open and I was surrounded by doctors. Doctors and beeping machines. I was really confused.

"Can you tell me your name?" one of them asked.

"Lisa. Lisa Iero. What happened?" I asked.

"Lisa, I'm Dr. Corbin. You were brought in by a large group of
people. You were wrapped in a blanket that was covered in blood."

"What happened?" I asked.

"Lisa, were you aware that you were pregnant?" he asked.

"Yes. I was about three months along," I said.

"I'm sorry to say this, brace yourself. Three months is as far as you're going to go. Lisa, you had a miscarriage. I'm sorry," he said.

"No," I whispered.

"I'm afraid so. It appears to be caused by a hard blow to your stomach area. You weren't abused were you?" he asked. "Because if you were, you can tell me and I can call a police officer..."

"No, I'm not abused. We were all playing outside, and I fell, landing really hard on my stomach. I just didn't know that it would cause this to happen. Did you tell any of the others that brought me in?"

"No, not yet."

"Don't. None of them know I was pregnant. And I want to keep it
that way?" I said.

"What are you going to tell them then?"

"I don't know." I turned away.

"Do you want to see any of them?" he asked.

"Just Frank and Mikey, my brother and my boyfriend," I said.

"Okay. I'll go get them and bring them up."

He left the room, leaving me in silence to think. Miscarriage? Why? Maybe it was for good. I was afraid to tell them anyways. Now they'll never to know. I have to tell Mikey though. No, he'd be furious at me for saying that his baby only made it three months along. He'd be furious for me not telling him right away. I'd have to tell him someday though. How long could I wait? How long to wait to tell him? Each day he doesn't know would eventually add up.

"Lis?" someone said softly.

I turned and saw Mikey and Frank standing in the doorway.

"Hey," I smiled.

Without anymore words they just came and sat on either side of me. Mikey grabbed my hand and held it, not wanting to let go. They stared at me for a while.

"What happened to you?" Mikey asked.

"Something with my period. I guess I was having an off month and it came out of whack," I said. A lie, but a believable lie.

"Lis, you scared us," Frank said. "I nearly passed out when Bob and Gerard broke open the bathroom door. I thought you were cutting or something."

"Sorry," I said.

"You were telling me something before you ran off to the bathroom. What was it?" Mikey asked.

"Nothing," I said.

"Lisa, please tell me. In order for this to work out, we need to be open to each other," he was almost begging.

I sighed. This was it. I had to. I took a deep breath and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"I'm...err...I was...pregnant," I said, almost in a whisper.

"What?" Both their heads snapped up.

"What do you mean 'was?'" Mikey asked.

"You didn't," Frank said. "Did you?"

"Yeah. I lost it. It's gone." I felt a few tears fall out of my eyes. I brought my free hand up and covered my face. "I'm sorry," I cried.

"Lisa, it's okay," Mikey said. "It's bound to happen to anyone." He tried to hug me, but I pushed him away.

"No. It's not okay. Mikey, I just lost your kid! Frank, you were going to be an uncle! One of our family just died," I said through tears.

Slowly, I was loosing my grip on my sanity. I was crying uncontrollably. Mikey was trying to hug me and calm me down. Thankfully, I wasn't hooked up to a lot of machines, so I was able to sit up and hold Mikey tight, sobbing into him.

"Lisa, please stop crying. You're really scaring me now," Mikey said.

"No!" I shouted.

I held him tightly, one of my hands gripping onto the back of his shirt. I could feel sanity slipping away from me.

"Frank, go get the doctor. They need to calm her down. She's really digging into my back here," Mikey said.

"Right," Frank said and he ran out.

He came back with one of the doctors. I was still in my hysteria, so I didn't notice, until I felt the pinch on my arm. My body started slowing down. My grip on Mikey's back loosened. The voices started to echo, and fade into the distance. Now, Mikey was holding me tight, as darkness slipped in around me.