Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Three: "Shipped Away"

Chapter Three "Shipped Away"

"Flight 570 from Newark, New Jersey to Chicago, Illinois will now begin boarding," the announcement came.

I sighed as I got to my feet, picking up my backpack. I looked back at my mom and dad, my eyes pleading not to do this. Frank wasn't there. I didn't know where he was. He left the night of the incident, and that was the last I saw of him. Two weeks had already passed by since then. I looked back at my parents, still pleading with them not to send me away. They kept their stern looks and I turned and walked onto the plane. I took my seat by the window and fumbled around, bringing out my cd player, and grabbing the slip of paper they gave me, telling me who was picking me up and who I was staying with. The Bryar family. Much like my own: a mom, dad, and one son. I sighed and watched out the window as the plane took off. A few tears slid down my cheeks as I watched my home get smaller and smaller until it disappeared. I fell asleep about a half hour into the flight and was woken up by one of the stewardesses as we were ready to land.

"Thanks," I said quietly to her.

I looked out the window and saw the city. It was a beautiful city, but not as beautiful as Belleville. There were too many huge buildings. The sight was breathtaking, but once again, I still liked my home better. I kept staring and finally the plane landed. I tossed my cd player in my backpack and I got up and off the plane. I walked around for a while like a chicken with it's head cut off. I didn't know where to go, who was picking me up, and what they even looked like. I made it to the baggage claim and found my bags. I then rolled them over to a random bench and sat, waiting.

"Lisa?" someone asked.

I looked up. Standing there was a young guy, probably around 20 years old, close to Frank's age. He was tall though, with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a lip ring.

"Yeah?"

"Lisa...umm...Iero? Did I say that right?" he asked.

"Yes," I said with a slightly surprised tone. "And you are?"

"Bob Bryar. I was sent to pick you up. My family's adopting you?"

"Yeah," I said, hinting sadness.

"Well, let's go," he said, grabbing my big suitcase. "You'll love it in Chicago."

I grunted in acknowledgement as I followed him out of the airport and to his car. He put my bags in the trunk as I climbed in the front seat. I just stared out the window, feeling awkward.

"So...how old are you again?" Bob asked.

"Thirteen," I replied quietly.

"If you don't mind my asking: isn't that a little old to be adopted out? What happened?"

"Family issue. My parents kicked out my brother, he's nineteen, and they did this to me. Long story, that I really wouldn't like to share."

"Okay. So...what do you like to do?"

"Pretty much be alone. I was kind of a loner at school. The kid who would sit alone at the lunch table, blasting the cd player. I'm a music freak."

"Cool. I'm just starting to learn how to play drums. Maybe we can jam together," he said with a laugh. "Sorry, am I bothering you?"

"No, I'm just not in the happiest of moods," I said. "Sorry."

"No problem. You could have just told me to be quiet."

"It's not you. I'm just already missing my brother, a lot." I turned to look out the window, hoping he wouldn't see the tears fall down my cheeks.

There was another forty-five minutes of silence until we finally stopped at a house. I stepped out of the car, thinking it was my new home.

"This it?" I asked.

"This is my girlfriend's house. I said I'd pick her up after I got you. She wants to meet you too," he said, going through the front gate. "You can come up with me, or you can wait here in the car."

"I'll wait in the car," I said, opening the back door.

I climbed in the backseat and sat there, leaning in the corner between the seat and the door. I played with my hands for a moment, then I heard voices.

"That her?" a girl asked.

"Yeah. Lisa? Meet Colleen. Colleen? This is Lisa. She's gonna be living here for some time," Bob said.

I turned and saw a girl, shorter than Bob, probably around my height, maybe shorter than I was. She had brown eyes, and black and burgundy hair which I thought looked pretty awesome. She was on Bob's back, getting a piggy-back ride, I assume. I think I liked her already.

"Hey, Lisa. Nice to meet you. We're gonna have a lot of fun," she said quickly. Boy, was she hyper.

"Sounds fun," I said, still being quiet.

"So, when school starts, what grade are you going to be in?" she asked, getting in the car.

"Freshman. I skipped over second grade," I said.

"Cool, I'm going to be a senior. I'm seventeen. I'll help you out when we start school, since we'll be going to the same school."

"Cool," I said, starting to come out of my shell a little.

"Okay, this is it," Bob said.

I stepped out of the car and looked at my new home. It wasn't so bad, but once again, I liked mine better. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and walked in behind Bob and Colleen.

"Mom? Dad? We're back!" Bob shouted.

My nerves started to get the best of me. Would they like me? Or would they try to ship me away to another family? Would I ever go home?