Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter thirty nine: "A hangover you don't deserve

Chapter Thirty-Nine: “A Hangover You Don’t Deserve.”

I woke up with a killer headache. I groaned and crawled out of bed. I went downstairs and everyone else was awake, eating.

“Morning,” I said.

“Lis? It’s one.”

“Good afternoon,” I said.

“Mommy, you look bad,” Tyler said.

“I know, sweetie,” I said.

“What did you do last night?” Bob asked.

“I had a few after Tyler went to bed. I don’t even remember going up to bed.”

“That was me,” Frank said. “I got home first and saw you passed out, hanging half off the couch. I tried to wake you, cause I thought you were asleep, then I just brought you upstairs.”

“Thanks, I guess. Gimme coffee.” I went for the coffee pot. “Coffee, coffee, coffee.”

“Oh, Lisa, Lisa, Lisa.” Mikey came up and hugged me. “My poor hungover baby.”

“Shut up,” I said. “I’ll be fine. It’s not like I’ve never…well I never have had a hangover before. Never mind. What’s the plan for today?”

“I don’t know,” Mikey said. “We haven’t made plans today.”

“Yeah, it’s cold outside too,” Megan said. “I got this though as a hand warmer.” She shoved her hands in Ray’s hair.

“Hey! One day, it’s gonna eat your hands,” Ray said.

“Just as long as it’s summer and not winter.”

“You two got problems. One night, we’re gonna shave off your hair, Ray,” Gerard said.

“You won’t touch the fro. I’ll kick your ass!”

Gerard walked up to Ray and touched his hair. “Ooohh, I’m touching the fro. Whatcha gonna do now?”

“I got it!” Tori shouted. “Jello wrestling!”

“No,” I whined. “Mud wrestling-no wait, that’s to see who’s the better brother,” I giggled.

“Jello?” Gerard looked at Tori. “I like jello. Let’s fill the pool with jello and Ray and I will go at it, and if any of you ladies would like to join…be my guest.”

“Gerard!” all the girls shouted.

“You got problems,” Mikey said.

“I say we all crash the mall,” Colleen said.

“I’m staying in,” I said. “I still don’t feel good.”

“Aww. Poor baby,” Mikey said, hugging me.

“Mikey? Are you ok?” I asked. “You’re extra huggy today.”

“I love you.”

“Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.”

“You two really are close,” Ana said.

“Yeah. What can I say? I thought I’d never find a good guy.” I laughed. “I’m gonna
go lay down for a while. My stomach hurts.” I took my cup of coffee upstairs and went for my bed.

“What’s the matter?” Mikey asked from the doorway.

“I really think I ate something yesterday that just is not agreeing with me. And of course, I had to drink last night.”

“Aww poor baby.” He laid next to me.

“I’ll be…ready to lose it!” I got up and ran to the bathroom.

I started throwing up. Mikey was rubbing my back, and holding my hair. I leaned back against the wall when I was done.

“You’re pale,” Mikey said, placing his hand on my forehead. “And you have a fever. I think you might have the flu. You should go back to bed. Don’t worry, we’ll all take care of Tyler.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. You got the flu, plus a hangover. Just go lay in bed. Then take a hot bath later.”

I gave him a smile, then went back to lay down. I fell asleep almost instantly, after pulling up the covers. I was out most of the day. There were times when I was mildly awake, there was someone sitting by me. I didn’t pay attention. I just rolled over and went back to sleep. There were also times when I thought I heard fighting, but I was still too out of it.