Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Forty: “I’m Writing This Letter.”

Chapter Forty: “I’m Writing This Letter.”

I woke up the next day, feeling way better. It was probably just a 24 hour thing. Either way, I felt perfectly fine. I went downstairs, but it was empty. I guessed that they were
out doing something. I went out back and found Frank playing with Tyler.

“Everyone go out?” I asked.

“Huh? Yeah, they’re out. You look better.”

“I feel tons better. Where’d they go?”

“Don’t know, but they made me babysitter.”

“Well, you’re his uncle,” I said.

“Morning, mommy.”

“Morning, sweetie. Having fun with Uncle Frank?”

“Yeah.”

“That’s good.” I sat next to Frank.

“So…” Frank started. “I was going through some fan mail yesterday, and I found a letter.”

“From who?” I asked.

“Mom, and Dad,” he said in a low voice.

“Oh? Do you have it?”

“Yeah. Hang on.” He went inside, and returned a few minutes later. “Here.”

I took it and read it.

Dear Frank,
Mom and Dad here. We managed to get an address off your CD booklet. I just hope this gets to you. I know it’s been quite a while since you’ve heard from us. After the incident and all. We just really hope that you’re doing ok. Are you? From what we’ve seen on T.V. it seems like you are. Over the years though, we’ve managed to lose track of your sister. We don’t know if you’ve managed to ever get a hold of her. I do know that the family that adopted her, also has a member in the band you’re in. After the incident, we’ve managed to keep contact for only about two years. But, she just stopped writing back or answering our calls. We still have the same number we always did, so if you can, give a call. We’d love to hear from you. We hope you’re doing well, and we also hope that you’ve found your sister, though it doesn’t seem like it. Love you though.
-Mom and Dad
“Have you talked to them?”

“No. I’m not sure if I want to though. I mean, the way the just shipped you off and
kicked me out. I’ve never told you this, but, when I found out you were gone, I lost it. For those two weeks, I was down the street, at Gerard and Mikey’s house. They just came in and said there were suitcases. I ran there, but you were gone.”

“I was like that too. For the first year, I was so quiet. I thought they were gonna
ship me away. It took me a while to come around to them.”

“Should we write a letter back?”

“I dunno.”

“How’d it get here anyways? I thought the address was in California.”

“It is. They go to the record label, then they ship them here. So the fans don’t
know our home address.”

“If we do talk to them, they’re gonna flip when they find out we’re still in Jersey,” I
laughed.

“Yeah, they’re also gonna flip when they find out they’re grandparents. They’re gonna automatically think I’m the dad,” he laughed.

“Ok, that’s not funny.”

“Sorry.”

“It’s ok. Frank? I’m just glad we got over this whole thing. I’m glad we’ve been able to be normal brother and sister again.” I leaned over and hugged him. “I wonder why they think that you didn’t try to contact me.”

“I don’t know.”

“I’ve never said this to anyone, but right before we left for the airport: I’d asked them what all was going wrong and do you know what they said? ‘We’re gonna send you away to a family that loves you. Not that we don’t, but you need another older brother that’ll look out for you.’”

“They said that?” He sounded mad.

“Yeah. That was part of the reason why I was so hesitant to call you.”

“Lis? I want you to know something. No matter what happens, I will always look out for you. I will always be your older brother.”

“I always knew that.” I smiled at him. “Should we write them back?”

“We can. Come on, let’s go now before everyone gets back.”

“Ok. Tyler, come on inside sweetie,” I said.

We went inside and I started playing a game with Tyler while Frank wrote a letter. I told him a few things, and he scribbled away. Then he handed it to me when he was finished. I read it.


Dear Mom and Dad,
Frank here. I got your letter, and I’m doing very well, thank you. I really don’t know what to say, because I still am a little angry over what happened. I guess I can understand why Lisa eventually stopped calling or whatever. If you must know though, she’s doing fine. We live in a huge house. It’s the whole band, and all of our wives. If you’ve seen the band on T.V. and you know who Mikey is, he and Lisa got married three years ago, right before she had a son. That’s right, you’re grandparents. He’s a real smart kid, I’m glad to have him as my nephew. I have a wonderful wife. Her name is Emily. She’s been with me through thick and thin for nearly the last five years. Five years after the incident, I got connected with Lisa again, and she’s been with us ever since. All of us are just as happy as can be. I’m writing this letter and wishing you well, but that doesn’t mean I-or Lisa for that matter-have forgiven you. Thanks for your concern, even if it has been almost nine years. Both of us do send our love though. Take care.

-Frank

“Good, Frank.”

We took a walk down the street and dropped it in the mailbox.

“Mom would probably have a heart attack when finding out that she’s a grandmother,” Frank said.

“Yeah. Hey, Frank?”

“Yeah?”

“I never really fully said this, but…I’m sorry this whole mess ever got started. You know, that day in the park when I was thirteen.”

“Don’t worry about it. We have plenty of time to make up for it. Let’s just be normal. Kay?” He put his arm around me and pulled me for a hug.

“Kay.” I smiled. “So…when is everybody coming home?”

-SLAM!-

“Never mind.” I got up and ran to the foyer. “Mikey!” I hugged him.

“Wow, someone’s feeling better,” he said.

“Yup.”

“Daddy!” Tyler shouted, running into the foyer.

“There’s my big guy. What’s up?”

“Nothin. Uncle Frank was playing a game with me, but he cheated.”

“Oh really? Frank always does that.”

“Ok, Tyler, let daddy and the rest of them get in the house. Let’s go find you something to eat.” I picked him up.

“You know, I don’t know which one of you he takes after,” Emily said, walking in the door.

“You,” I said. “He’s hyper, like you,” I laughed.

“Very funny. Where’s Frankie Pankie?”

“Hiding from you,” I laughed again.

“Oh?”

“I’m kidding. He’s in the kitchen.”

“Oh Frank!? I got something for us to do tonight!” she said as she ran for the kitchen.

“Oh, God. I didn’t need to hear that,” I said.

“Well, you can ask her for ideas for us,” he winked at me.

“What’s on tonight’s agenda?” I asked.

“Movie night!!!” Tori shouted. “We went and raided Blockbuster.”

“Ray and I can go raid the pizza place,” Megan said.

Pizza and movies. We need to find better things to do. Like party, or something.
We just needed more fun.