Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Forty-Four: “Everything’s So Blurry.”

Chapter Forty-Four: “Everything’s So Blurry.”

He had kept it up for hours into the night. I was amazed, even if I was half out of it. The next thing I knew, it was nearly noon. I woke up with another hangover, but I didn’t have the flu. I turned over and saw Mikey, sleeping with a goofy grin. Then I looked. Whoa! Is he pitching a tent? Holy shit! I laughed to myself and laid back down. Mikey rolled over into me and held me.

“Don’t be laughing at me,” he whispered.

“Sorry. I didn’t know you camped,” I said.

“What?”

I pointed. “Have you had that all night?”

He looked and blushed a little. “Not sure, but I bet we both know what I can do with it.”

“We had enough last night. I’m going for coffee.” I hopped out of bed.

“Huh?”

“Coffee!”

“No, what was that about last night?” He caught up to me.

I gasped inside. No! It couldn’t have been. Was I dreaming last night?

“Nothing. It must’ve been a dream,” I said. “Don’t you have a boner to take care of?” I giggled.

“Yeah, will you help?”

“I’m hungover and hungry, so, no.” I snickered and headed downstairs.

It was quiet. Either they were gone, or still passed out. I put on a pot of coffee and walked around, looking. One car was gone, Ray and Megan passed out again on a raft in the pool, Ana was in a lawn chair curled up, and Chelsea was on the living room floor. Wow, what a crazy night. Too bad everything about it is so blurry. I drank a cup of coffee and Mikey came down a while later, dressed.

“We gotta go pick up Tyler. We said we be there in the morning and it’s twelve-
thirty,” I said.

“I’m ready to go, you’re still in your pajamas.”

I gave him a kiss and ran upstairs to get dressed. I put on a pair of ripped jeans and a black tank top. I ran back downstairs and we took off. We pulled up and went up to their door.

“Hi, mom!” I said.

“Hi, Lisa, Mikey, come on in. Tyler’s playing with dad somewhere.”

“Sorry we’re late. I know I said we’d be here in the morning, but I guess we
partied a bit too hard last night.” I laughed.

“Oh, don’t worry about it. Where’s Frank?”

“He either went somewhere, or is passed out somewhere at home. Mikey? You wanna go find Tyler?”

“Sure.” He gave me a kiss on the cheek and wandered off.

“Oh, he’s just an amazing guy. I’m glad you found someone good.”

“I know. I never thought I would. He’s so sweet to me.”

“That’s great! I just wish your brother would find a sweet girl.”

“What? Mom, Emily’s a sweetheart. What’s wrong with her?”

“She just rubs me the wrong way, like she’d be someone with him for his money.”

“Mom, they were together before he became famous. They’re happily married. I can’t believe you’d say something like that.”

“Lisa, I’m only being honest.”

“I think I just figured out how this whole mess started. You.” I was starting to fume inside.

“Me? What did I do?”

“Every person that Frank made friends with. You looked down on them. You disapproved. That’s why he had so many girlfriends throughout high school. And you don’t even want to know the rest.”

“What?”

“You made him a bad influence on me. Because I was immature and stupid, I said a joke about it, and that’s how this thing started. Because of me saying something stupid about him sneaking girls into the house! I saw that, and…ugh. I can’t believe this, mom! Mikey! Come on. We’re leaving!” I shouted. “It was your fault, and then it turned into mine. Thanks a lot!” I stormed out of the house and waited in the car.

“Mommy? What’s wrong?” Tyler asked.

“Nothing, sweetie. Come on, let’s take you home.”

Mikey got in and instantly noticed something wrong.

“I heard you raising your voice at your mother.”

“Pardon my French, but she’s such a bitch. God, I feel so guilty now, because of
the whole incident with Frank and me.”

“What?”

“Nothing.”

“Lisa, you can tell me anything. Please?”

“She doesn’t like Emily. Remember how we said that she looked down on Frank’s old girlfriends?”

“Yeah.”

“When I was thirteen, I made fun of Frank for it, poking fun at him. That’s how it all started. It was her fault at first, then she turned it into mine. I’m so pissed right now.”

“Don’t be mad.”

“Sorry. It’s not you. She just always got on my nerves.”

“It sounds like she wanted it that way. An excuse? To get rid of both her kids?”

“Mikey? I…” I looked him square in the eyes.