Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Four: "Meet The Parents"

Chapter Four: "Meet The Parents"

I stood there awkwardly while Bob went to look for his parents. Colleen put her
arm around my shoulders.

"Don't worry. His parents are awesome. They'll love you," she said.

I just let out a small chuckle. I looked around the house from where I was standing. Nothing too flashy. Just a normal, suburban style house. I liked it, but...you know the rest. Bob came running back to us a few minutes later.

"Okay, they're really excited, just to warn you. Prepare for lots of hugging, and lots of questions," he said. "I told them that you're kind of shy, so they may lay off a little."

"Oh, there she is!" a lady shouted, running to us with a huge smile on her face. "You must be Lisa. I'm Helen, but you can call me mom," she said, laughing through most of it.

"Nice to meet you...mom," I said, feeling weird that I was calling a stranger 'mom.'

A man soon followed. He also had a smile on his face too.

"I'm David, you can call me anything you want," he said, patting my head.

"Nice to meet you too...umm...dad?" I said, looking at him kind of oddly.

"Dad is fine," he said. "So, how was the flight? You must be exhausted, and
hungry. A young little thing like you taking that long flight."

"I slept through most of it, but I am hungry," I said.

"Well, we'll have Bob and Colleen show you around, show you your room, and get your bags up there, then we'll barbeque. How's that sound?" Helen asked.

"Barbeque is good," I said, smiling for the first time in two weeks.

"And put on your bathing suit. That pool's just waiting for us all to dive in," David said.

They walked away to continue what they were doing.

"I'll go get your suitcases," Bob said, walking back outside.

"I'll show you around. This place is my second home," Colleen said, turning her back to me. "Hop on."

"What?" I looked at her oddly.

"Piggy-back rides. I love to give them, and to get them," she said.

I shrugged and hopped on her back. We went through the whole house, which didn't take long, because the house was one floor, plus a basement. There was also a huge backyard, with a pool, and I saw something black and white run across. A dog? I kind of hoped so.

"And, this be your room," Colleen said, stopping at a door.

I hopped off and went in. Not bad. Black carpet, hot pink walls with black trim, full size bed with black and pink pinstriped covers, the usual bedroom furniture, T.V, and the coolest looking stereo ever. I loved it.

"Whoa. This is pretty sweet," I said.

"Your parents sent over some pictures, and from what we saw in them, we tried to fix it up to suit your tastes," Bob said behind us.

"I love it," I said. "I wish my old room looked like this."

"Well, do you want to unpack now and have us call you for dinner? Or do you just wanna come out now?" Bob asked.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to sit here and unpack," I said.

"No problem." He patted me on the back. "We'll all be out back. You can meet Shadow when you decide to come out."

"Okay."

They headed away, leaving my bags in the room. I went through my clothes first. I did all my laundry before I left so everything was clean. Wrinkled a bit, but a day or so on a hangar would help. I folded and hung up all my clothes. Then I moved on to another bag. I pulled out my makeup, cd's, movies, my play station, and a few pictures. There was one of Frank and I at Disney Land when I was four years old and he was nine. He still looked the same. Such a cute little kid. I set it on the nightstand, next to my collection of remotes, and my makeup box. I pulled out another picture. Just another random picture of us at the park, taken not too long before the incident. I was sitting in his lap and he was showing me how to play his guitar. I set that one on the nightstand too. The last one was just a whole family picture. All of us...happy. I looked at it and began to cry. My tears fell and plopped onto the glass of the picture frame. I missed them all so much. I wanted to see them again. I wanted to go home. I climbed onto the bed, and cried myself to sleep in a matter of minutes.