Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Forty-Nine: “Cops And Robbers.”

Chapter Forty-Nine: “Cops And Robbers.”

Gerard had finally exposed his undying love for Ana. Trust me, some of us heard it. How? It started out as them running around the house, with Gerard dressed up as a cop. We all were in our respective rooms as they ran around. There was a loud thud after an hour, and we assumed they went to their room. I remember saying that the bedrooms in the house were pretty far apart so we all could have our own time. I guess I was wrong. Mikey and I were half asleep when Tyler woke us up.

“What’s up, Ty?” I asked.

“I hear loud noises, I think from Uncle Gee’s room.”

I heard Mikey chuckle behind me. “Let him in with us. He’ll be less traumatized.”

“Come on, Ty,” I said. “Hop in the middle here.”

We all got comfortable, and I was almost asleep again when I heard my phone vibrating on the nightstand. I flipped it open and read a text message from Emily. We had a
brief texting conversation.

“Can you hear them?”

“No. Ty did, he’s in with us.”

“Poor kid. Frank and I can hear them though.”

“Oh well. Mikey and I have had our share.”

“Ha-ha. So have Frank and I.”

“Oh trust me, I know that too.”

“Frank’s got ear-plugs. I wish I did too.”

“Stuff some cotton in ur ears or sumthing.”

“Good idea. Night!”

“Night!”
I put my phone back and tried once again to fall back to sleep. I did, finally. In the morning, I woke up to an empty bed behind me. It didn’t last long, because Mikey and Tyler came in with breakfast for me.

“What’s the occasion?” I asked.

“Merry Christmas Eve. All the guys got up and we all made breakfast for you ladies.”

“Aww how sweet. Lemme guess, and we have to clean the kitchen.”

“Nope. That’s done too.” He set the tray in front of me.

“Even Gerard got up?”

“Yeah, he was the first one up, and he came up with the idea.”

“Aww. Thanks, but you know how I am with food in the morning. I’m not a big eater after waking up,” I said, taking the glass of orange juice.

“I figured, but still. Have some?”

“Mikey, you know my stomach can’t take this. You eat it.”

“Are you sure?”

“Remember the last time I ate this kind of food when I woke up? I was stuck in the bathroom for a couple of hours. It’s my stomach, it gets upset easily in the morning.”

“Well, a kiss at least?”

I smiled, leaned over and kissed him.

“Bleh. Yuck,” Tyler said.

“Tyler? Get used to it. Wait till you find a girlfriend,” Mikey said.

“Which won’t be till you’re a teenager,” I said.

“Mommy, can I open my presents tonight?”

“Maybe we’ll let you open one. But you have to wait for Santa to come tonight too,” I said, looking up to see Frank in the doorway.

“Sorry to bother you guys, but I need to talk to Lisa,” Frank said.

“Sure. Ty, come on, we’ll eat downstairs.” Mikey grabbed the tray, then he and Tyler headed out, past Frank.

I took a stretch as Frank closed my door and came to sit by me.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“Mom and Dad wanna see us either tonight or tomorrow.”

“You’re still talking to them?”

“Not really. Here and there. Well?”

“No. After what mom said about Emily, no. She gets on my fucking nerves.”

“Oh, like she doesn’t get on mine?” he laughed a little, shoving his hands in his hoodie pocket.

“Nothing against dad, though. He was the cool one, well, up until you know when,” I said, stretching again. I leaned to try and crack my back. “What are we doing today?”

“Nothing, really. I know Ana and Megan are gonna cook.”

“Should Megan? I mean, she’s getting pretty big, I don’t want her getting burnt or something.”

“She said she’ll be fine.”

“Ok. Well, I’ll be down in a minute,” I said as I started to yawn.

“Lis, when did you get your tongue pierced?”

“My birthday present from Mikey,” I laughed. “I thought you knew.”

“No. I’ll bet Mikey likes it, though.” He grinned.

“Frank? Ok, this is getting awkward. I’ll be downstairs in a few.”

“Ok.” He got up, hands still in his hoodie pocket. “Here, I’ll get those blinds. There’s fresh snow on the ground.” He leaned over my shoulder.

I waited for the room to get brighter, but I wasn’t expecting what happened next.