Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Fifty One: “Damn Regret.”

Chapter Fifty One: “Damn Regret.”

We were celebrating New Years Eve, and Bob’s birthday all in one. Once again, it was another night of drinking, after we put Tyler to bed though. This time though, we all drank, but not enough to fall out of alertness. I was having a good time, until Frank asked me to join him outside for a second.

“What?” I asked.

“I’ve made some decisions in the last few years, and some of them I’ve come to regret. Like Christmas.”

“Umm…Frank? What are you saying?” I looked at him in the eyes.

“Do you even remember what happened that night?”

“Not really, but I remember Mikey and I going upstairs.”

“Yeah, well I followed.” He looked at the ground and started kicking at the snow.

“Frank, no you didn’t.”

“Lis, I’m sorry.”

“You’re sorry? That’s all you have to say? I thought we were over this!”

“None of us knew what was going on, Lisa! Hell, I barely knew what I was doing. My thoughts from nineteen took over.”

“God, Frank. I thought we were going back to normal! Talk to me! Frank!”

“Lisa? I don’t know what to say! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean for this to happen.”

“Well you know what? Don’t you dare try to make this one my fault.”

“When have I ever made it your fault?”

“I’m not saying you ever have, just don’t try to make it mine. And you better hope I don’t end up pregnant, because it’ll kill me.”

“What?”

“I don’t want a kid out of this. Cause I don’t wanna be wondering who the father is.”

He sighed.

“One more little thing. Mikey and I, we’ve been using protection lately, because we don’t know if we want to have another kid.”

“I’m so sorry.”

“Sorry isn’t gonna work this time, Frank. You’ll never hear the end of it if I end up pregnant.”

“Damn regret,” he mumbled.

“I’m going inside, I’m cold.”

I got up and stumbled back inside. I can’t believe he would do it again. The first
time was fun, but God, it gets old after a while. I was a little uneasy the rest of the night, and I couldn’t get it out of my mind. I tried not to let it spoil the party.

“10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!” we all shouted and the guys kissed their significant other.

“Happy new year, sweetie,” I whispered in Mikey’s ear.

“Back at you. What did Frank have to say to you earlier?”

“Nothing.”

“I heard raised voices coming from out there though.”

I sighed. I couldn’t lie to him.

“Come on,” I said, grabbing his hand and bringing him upstairs.

We went to our room and I sat him on the bed.

“Do you have any idea what happened on Christmas night?” I asked.

“I remembered you and I went upstairs and we were in the middle of a fun filled evening, and that was about it. I did remember Frank calling me to talk to him about something-oh no.”

“He just confessed to me outside.”

“God dammit. I’m gonna go fucking kill him.”

“No, Mikey, don’t.” I grabbed his arm. “Let’s just drop it.”

“What if you got pregnant? I used protection.”

“We’ll talk about it if I am then. Just drop it please?” I gave him my pleading look.

“For you? Fine. I won’t say anything. But, Lis? I’ve always caught him staring at you. I just think that you two shouldn’t be around each other. I’ve seen the way he stares at you too. It’s not one of those, ‘that’s my sister’ looks. It’s one of those, ‘I want you so bad’ looks.”

I dropped my jaw and stared at him. Why is he telling me this now?

“Mikey! Why are you telling me this now!?” I was mad.

“Like you said, you don’t want me to bring anything up.”

“Well, at least tell me when my brother is staring at me like I’m a model he wants to do! God, Mikey.” I turned away and looked out the window.

I was fuming. I wanted to put my hand through that window. The anger welled, and I felt tears brimming my eyes. Mikey’s never kept anything from me. I sniffled, but I tried to keep it quiet. The tears fell, but I tried to ignore it.

“Lisa?” he called to me softly.

I heard soft steps and I felt his hands on my arms. I turned to him. I wanted to be mad at him.

“I just don’t believe it. You’ve never kept anything from me!”

“Well, Lisa, I’m sorry! I had planned on taking care of it. I was gonna talk to him in private one day. If you were patient…”

“Me? Why are you putting this on me. Frank is the one that snuck into my room!”

“Mommy? Daddy?” a small voice rang out by the doorway.

We turned. Tyler was leaning against the doorway, watching us.

“Why are you fighting?”

“Tyler, no, we’re not fighting. Come here,” I said.

He came here and I hugged him.

“Mikey? I’m sorry.”

“Me too. I love you, Lisa.”

The three of us laid in bed, Tyler in between us. I held Mikey’s hand over Tyler’s head and fell asleep.