Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Fifty Two: “We All Have A Hell.”

Chapter Fifty Two: “We All Have A Hell.”

As Valentine’s Day approached, I was thinking of what to get Mikey. I just couldn’t think right, because of what happened on New Years. I didn’t have any pregnancy symptoms, but it made me more paranoid, because I’ve heard of people who haven’t had symptoms, but were pregnant. The last month had killed me. It was driving me insane.

I never told Mikey about the night in the middle of January. They were out, but Frank had gotten home early and snuck into my room while I was asleep. I had never seen such fierce anger in his eyes. I didn’t know what was wrong with him. Why me? Doesn’t he have Emily?He gave me something that knocked me out, but I was still aware of what was going on. It scared me half to death though. After that, I tried to avoid Frank, but not give hints to the others. That was hard though. It was my own personal hell.

“Tyler? What should we get daddy for Valentine’s Day?”

“I dunno, you’re the one that’s in love with him.”

“Gah. Sometimes, you’re just so cute.”

I hugged him and continued looking through a sales paper.

“Guys! Megan’s going into labor!” Ray shouted through the house. “Clean-up in hallway 1!” he shouted.

There were footsteps over my head, and lots of scrambling around. I met them at the bottom of the stairs.

“We’re going to the hospital,” Ray said.

“I’ll be here,” I said. “I’ll umm…clean up the spill, and get her room ready.”

“I wanna go with!” Tyler said.

“Tyler, you should stay here with me,” I said. “We’ll stop in later.”

“Aww. Why can’t daddy take me?”

“Daddy’s not going, cause he’s out with the other guys.”

“But I wanna see the baby.”

“I can take him if you don’t mind,” Ana said.

“I don’t want him to get in the way though.”

“He’s a good kid. I’ll take him with.” She insisted.

“No. He’s gonna stay here. Tyler, right?”

“Why?”

“Spongebob’s on T.V.”

“Yay!” He took off running.

“Told ya,” I said. “You guys get going, I don’t want her to end up like I did, having the baby somewhere other than a delivery room. I’ll be here and when the rest of them get back we’ll head there.”

Ray nodded and they were off. I found Tyler and sat by him. An hour later, the first signs of them being home came out.

“Lisa?”

I looked up at Frank.

“You wanna go to the hospital with us?” he asked.

“Yeah, I waited for you guys.”

“It’s only Mikey and I. The rest of them are headed over there already.”

Tyler and I got up and headed for the door. I felt familiar eyes on me again. I turned to Frank and saw him turn away. I leaned against Mikey and held his hand as Frank drove us all to the hospital. I would catch Frank eyeing me in the rearview mirror. My mind was racing. Why after so long is he starting up again? He knows Mikey and I are happy together, and he’s happy with Emily. Wasn’t he?

“Frank, what are you getting Emily for Valentine’s Day?” I asked.

“I haven’t said anything to anyone, but I wanna renew our wedding vows.”

“Awww. That’s so sweet,” I said.

Why? Because you cheated on her with me? Just play it off as something innocent you think would be romantic, but instead it’s because of a dark happening.Honestly, it made me sick.

“What are you getting me?” I asked Mikey.

“Now you know I can’t tell you,” he said.

I smiled and leaned on him. I caught Frank’s eyes again and he glared. Why was he so angry at me?

We made it to the hospital and we were greeted by Ana, who was wearing nurse’s scrubs.

“It’s a girl!” she said. “Madeline Elaine Toro.”

The guys grinned at each other and I hugged Ana.

“How’s Megan?” I asked.

“She’s fine. She had it about a half hour ago.”

“Is she taking visitors?”

“Not yet. She’s up with the baby and Ray, but they aren’t letting anyone else in. Everyone else ran out to get a quick lunch.”

Ana went to get out of the scrubs, and rejoined us in the waiting room. The other’s eventually showed up too. I saw Frank and Emily head off somewhere. Oh, Emily, if only you knew.Mikey pulled me to sit on his lap and he rested his head on my shoulder.

“A penny for your thoughts?” he asked.

“I don’t need pennies,” I said.

“You’ve been weird ever since you told me about Christmas,” he whispered.

I sighed. I had to tell him. We never hid anything from each other.

“Come with me,” I said.

We got up and snuck off outside. I sat on the steps and immediately placed my head in my hands, and started to sob. Mikey was rubbing my back and he pulled me into him. I sobbed into his chest.

“Lisa, what’s wrong? Please tell me,” he pleaded.