Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Fifty-Three: “Let Me Break This Awkward Si

Chapter Fifty-Three: “Let Me Break This Awkward Silence. ”

I had sobbed for about ten minutes before I was out of tears. I looked up at Mikey. Awkward silence.

“Frank.”

“What?”

“About three weeks ago. You all went out to play a private show…” I started.

“Yeah, Frank wasn’t around for the meet and greet…oh-no.”

“Yeah, he came home early. I was asleep, but he came in and woke me. He had given me something and it knocked me out. A date rape drug? I dunno. I didn’t want to say anything, but it’s driving me crazy. He was so…angry. I had only seen him that angry once before in my life. I was ten, he was sixteen. He had brought his first girlfriend home to meet our parents. Of course, being the lovely parents they are, they put her down, right in her face. ‘Frank, why her? Isn’t she a little slutty looking?’ Mom said. ‘Mom, I love her. She’s great.’ The girl started to cry and she told Frank and all of us to burn in hell, and she stormed out. That was the first time Frank almost ran away from home. He was so mad at mom. I could tell his blood was boiling. He had that same look three weeks ago when he raped me.”

“Ugh. What is his problem? God, I’m gonna punch him one of these days.”

“Why, maybe because I really do love my sister?” an angry voice rang out behind us.

We both turned and saw Frank standing there, his eyebrows narrowed.

“Frank! It’s not right!” I said. “You have Emily, and I got Mikey. Why can’t you be happy?”

“Lisa, I don’t know. Ever since the first time, it changed me.”

“You totally ignored it for the last four years! Why now?” I asked.

“I don’t know.”

“Is that why you wanna renew your wedding vows with Emily?” I lowered my voice.

“That is none of your business.”

“Frank, it is our business,” Mikey piped up. “You cheated on your wife with your sister!”

“And why are you getting involved!?”

“Because you cheated on your wife with mine! What are you a fucking retard?”

“Mikey, shut the fuck up!” Frank shouted.

“You guys! We’re in front of a hospital. Shut up both of you!” I said.

“Lisa, stay out of this. This is between Mikey and I,” Frank said.

“Don’t you dare raise your voice at me, Frank,” I said.

“You didn’t mind me raising my voice when we were in bed three weeks ago.”

“Frank! Shut up!” Mikey shouted. “Knock it off.”

“No!”

“God, Frank. I can’t believe you,” I said, standing in front of him. “I’ve tolerated all the things you’ve done over the years, but this pushed it.” I was gritting my teeth by this time.

“Oh what, you hate me now?” he asked, using a sarcastic tone.

I just narrowed my eyes, and then I stormed off, down the parking lot and walking into a nearby bookstore. I walked around looking at books, trying to calm myself down. Think happy thoughts. Megan just had a baby. Be happy for Ray and Megan. Ana and Gerard are getting married the week after Gerard’s birthday. I walked around for an hour before I went back to the hospital. Mikey was waiting for me on the steps.

“Feel better?” he asked.

“A little,” I said.

“I’m sorry that had to happen.” He hugged me.

“Don’t worry about it,” I said.

“I’m gonna have a long talk with him. I swear. The guys and I.”

“Let’s just drop it. They don’t know and I don’t wanna get everyone fighting.
Megan just had her baby, Ana and Gerard are getting married soon. I don’t wanna raise tensions. Plus, it’ll break Emily’s heart. Emily doesn’t need that.”

“You’re right. Promise me though, that you won’t get depressed?”

“Not making promises,” I said. “You weren’t there when he raped me. It hurt me. I thought we were over it.”

“Honey, you know you can talk to me anytime. Remember that?”

“I know.” I smiled and kissed him.

“Come on, everyone’s visiting Megan.”

He grabbed my hand and we headed for Megan’s room. Everyone else was in there when we walked in. She smiled as Mikey and I walked in. Ray half laid next to her and held her. In her arms was a tiny baby girl with light brown hair.

“Megan, she’s beautiful,” I said, hugging her.

“Thanks,” she said.

That was about as happy as I could be. Every time I looked up, I’d see Frank. He kept shooting me a death glare. I closed my eyes and looked away.

“I couldn’t control my feelings. But, you better not tell anybody,” he said.

“I won’t,” I said, still half out of it. I barely understood what he said.


Eventually I couldn’t take it anymore. I pretended to feel sick so I could go home. Mikey, Gerard, and Ana came with. Gerard driving, Ana in the front-well-middle of the front, Mikey, Tyler, and I in the back. Mikey had his arms around me, and I just stared out the window. The whole ride was awkward. Something told me that Mikey had at least told Gerard. My stomach was upset, rolling over and over with my nervous thoughts.

“Gerard? Can you pull over, I don’t feel good,” I said.

He pulled into a gas station and I ran inside to the bathroom. I didn’t throw up or anything, I just stared in the mirror at myself. Puffy, bloodshot eyes. I was a wreck. I looked like I just got over the flu. A few minutes later, there was a soft knock.

“Lisa?” It was Ana.

“It’s open, you can come in.”

I looked in the mirror as she walked in.

“Hey,” I said.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, as if she didn’t know.

“Nothing.”

“Really? According to Mikey, there’s something wrong.”

I knew it.

“He told you?”

“Just Gerard and I. Gerard is planning a long talk to Frank. Lisa, you know you can talk to me anytime you want to.”

“Mikey said the same thing.”

“Just letting you know that we’re here for you. Not saying I’m taking anybody’s side, well…actually, I’m on your side here, because it was Frank’s fault.”

“Thanks Ana.” I turned and gave her a hug.

“We’re here for you. Well, except for Emily, because we don’t want her to know,
right?”

“Yeah. That would break her heart. Well, I’m ready to go.”

I honestly was happier now. I never thought I’d find a better friend than Ana. Plus all the other girls, and Mikey. I had people to confide in. As long as I didn’t think about Frank, I was better. Too bad I lived in the same house as he did.