Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Fifty_Five: "The Time Has Come"

Chapter Fifty-Five: “The Time Has Come.”

Between, Gerard, Mikey, and Ana, nobody could get through to Frank. I was in the brink of insanity. I haven’t even looked at Frank for two days. It was the night before Valentine’s Day. I’d listened to them talking about Frank and Emily, and how Frank has this huge thing planned for Emily. It just sickened me. It depressed me because most of it was a huge lie. Yeah, he loves Emily, but it’s because of me he wants to renew the vows. I just wanted to tell Emily everything. I was still haunted by the thoughts of the night in January. I’d still have nightmares and Mikey would shake me awake, and hold me until I calmed down. To top it off, I took a pregnancy test, and snuck off to the doctor. That was the final nail in the coffin. I was pregnant with my brother’s kid. I went home and cried for most of the day. I couldn’t take it anymore.

I pretended to be asleep when Mikey came in. Something about going out for dinner. I didn’t respond so he left. I heard cars drive away. I did a once-over of the house. Everybody was gone. I grabbed a piece of paper, a pen, a bottle of Vodka, and went up to the bathroom in our bedroom. I dug and found a bottle of my prescription sleeping pills. I downed them with the Vodka. I cried as I scribbled onto the paper, listening to the water fill the bathtub. I scribbled my name on the bottom of the paper, and I dug through the medicine cabinet again. Prescription pain killers. I’ve taken them for a while because I had back problems lately. Mainly because of carrying Tyler around. I had just gotten the prescription refilled. I looked at the orange bottle.

Take one in the morning as directed. Do not take more than three over the course of twenty-four hours. If this happens, contact your physician or a poison control center IMMEDIATELY!!! I read the bottle. These things were really powerful. It was all more than enough. I picked up the bottle of Vodka.

“Mikey, I’m sorry,” I said quietly.

I was already feeling tired. I could see it coming. Next bottle. One pill, two, three…ten. Two bottles empty. I stumbled over to the bathtub and got in, still fully clothed. The warm water closed in around me. I dunked my head under and resurfaced. I placed my head against the wall. I listened to the clock in the bathroom. Ticking away. The weariness steadily grew over me. I picked up the razor that was laying in the soap dish. I ran the blade over my wrists, crying with the pain, and the anger that my brother had made me feel. The anger and the pain that he produced unto me. I watched the water start to turn red. I continued to sob. I placed my hand on my stomach.

“I’m sorry you’ll never get to live in this world,” I said.

I stared at the ceiling, mumbling to myself. Praying. Praying for God to take care of Mikey. To take care of Tyler. To take care of everybody. I stopped moving. I sat in silence. Tick, tick, tick. I looked at the clock. Eleven fifty-nine. Tick, tick, tick. My eyes could barely stay open anymore. My body felt paralyzed. I didn’t feel anymore pain though. I could feel myself starting to drift. Drift to a happy place? Maybe. One more look at the clock. Twelve. Midnight.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Mikey,” I said.

I looked back at the ceiling. It was going farther away. Drifting. My eyes steadily closed. Closing, knowing I would never open them again. It was coming. I heard my final seconds ticking away on the clock. I couldn’t pinpoint my time of expiration, though. I knew it hit though. Or the clock broke. I was drifting off. The ceiling looked to be a hundred feet high. It started to swirl. Then my eyes closed, never to see the light of day again. Mikey laid eyes on me for the first time, and he just smiled. He was in love with me at first sight.