Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Fifty-Six: “Famous Last Words.”

Chapter Fifty-Six: “Famous Last Words.”

*~Mikey’s P.O.V~*

“Is Lisa coming with?” Emily asked.

“No. She’s asleep. She’s been upset all day today,” I said.

“Mommy doesn’t wanna come?” Tyler asked.

“I don’t think mommy feels good right now. We’ll let her sleep and bring her
back something to eat.”

“Ok.”

We piled in two cars and we headed to a restaurant for dinner. We all ate, and talked. Afterwards, we all went out to a club kinda just to hang out. Plus, it was the only place open at midnight. I got a little upset because everyone wished their significant other a Happy Valentine’s Day, and I had no one to wish it too. I just wished it to Tyler. We went home at about two in the morning. I put Tyler to bed and we all went to our significant rooms to sleep. I didn’t turn on the light, because I thought Lisa was sleeping. Then I saw the light under the bathroom door. I knocked.

“Lisa?”

There was no answer. I knocked again. Nothing. I opened the door, and poked my head in. What I saw horrified me. I ran to the bathtub and pulled Lisa out of it. I didn’t care what got wet. Her body was limp. I listened for breathing. She wasn’t breathing. I panicked. I compressed her chest, hoping to get something. My heart raced, I was shaking.

“Please Lisa, please don’t do this to me.”

I fumbled with my cell phone because my hands were wet. I dialed 911 and told them to hurry. Then I dialed Gerard’s phone, hoping it was still on.

“What the hell’s going on?” Gerard asked.

“Lisa! Go wait by the front door for the paramedics!”

“What?”

“Just go wait! Please!” I hung up.

Ana ran in a few minutes later, and she nearly screamed.

“Lisa! No!” She said.

“She can’t do this to me!” I said, starting to cry.

I shook her and compressed her chest, hoping to get a pulse back.

Ten minutes later, paramedics rushed into the bathroom and nearly dragged me out of there. They went to work, and I sat back, in shock. The others since then woke up and joined us. All had shocked and upset looks on their faces. I sat on the floor and hugged my knees, shaking. This can’t be happening. I’m dreaming, right?

“There’s still a chance. Let’s hurry!” one of the paramedics shouted.

They carried Lisa out and I ran after, telling them I’m her husband. They let me in with them and we sped off to the hospital.

“We’re gonna have to pump her stomach fast. It looks like she overdosed, but there’s still a chance to bring her back.”

I nodded. Why would she take her life? Why? She has a wonderful family. At the hospital though, they wouldn’t let me go all the way with her. I stood at the door as far as they let me go. I paced around in front of the door. Praying. I was restless. Gerard, Ana, Bob, Colleen, Frank, and Emily eventually showed up. Ray and Megan stayed at home with the kids.

“I found this in the bathroom,” Gerard said, handing me a piece of paper. “I read like the first line, but then I stopped. I wanted you to read it first.”

I took it, headed away a bit and read it.

Famous Last Words from Lisa.

You say you’re there for me, but I couldn’t take it. It hurt so bad. It drove me insane. I didn’t like who I was. No one knew who I was. I barely knew who I was. When I was thirteen, Frank, you left me. That’s when it all went to hell. That’s when I lost all hope of a happy normal life. I was incomplete without you. I just wanted you to be my brother. Life isn’t a joke. You should have taken it more seriously. You abandoned me when I needed you the most. Then when we reunited, which had to be fate, I thought it would all go back to normal. It was almost there until Mom and Dad came back. Then you started again. You raped me a month ago. I hope you get what you deserve. I will never forgive you for what you did. I don’t love you like I did yesterday, the days when you were just my brother and not my lover.

Mikey, please, take good care of Tyler. I am so sorry I had to do this. I love you both very much. I will always watch over you. I’ll be in heaven waiting for you. Mikey, you’ve made my life complete, I just couldn’t live it anymore. The four or so years you’ve been with me were all I could’ve wished for. I wish I could tell you how to explain this to Tyler, but I can’t. Don’t spend the rest of your life missing me. Don’t be afraid to keep on living. Don’t be afraid to walk this world alone.

Bob, the five years I spent with you and your family were great too. You opened me up. If it weren’t for you, none of you would know what happened to me. You got me out of the shell that I was in. You showed me how to trust. I wish you and Colleen the best in the future, and may your kids-if you choose to have any- grow up to be just as great. Thank you for being there when I needed a brother.

To everybody else. I may not have know you as long as Bob, or even Frank, but you guys were the best friends I could ever have. So, this is hard for me to be doing this right now. You’d wonder why I’m doing this. Well, I’m sure you all know. I tried to bear with it, but it wasn’t working. This isn’t the way I wanted to go, trust me.

I will end with this, as the hour of death comes upon me. May God watch over all of you. I’d encourage your smiles, and I’ll expect you won’t cry. It just ain’t living, and I just hope you know, that if you say goodbye to me: I’d ask you to be true. Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you.

~~Lisa.


I folded up the tear-stained paper and slipped it into my pocket. I looked up at the others.

“Suicide note,” I said quietly.

They all hung their heads. I went outside, sat on the steps, and sobbed. She was gone, I knew it. They couldn’t bring her back. I heard some footsteps behind me, but they stopped. I heard a lighter click and I faintly smelled cigarette smoke. I didn’t even need to turn to know who was there. I stood up, and turned to stare at Frank. Not even the slightest hint of sadness resided in his face. I watched him take a drag of his cigarette. He stomped it out and looked at me.

“What?”