Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Fifty-Seven: “Painless And Asleep.”

Chapter Fifty-Seven: “Painless And Asleep.”

I was about to open my mouth, but I didn’t. My hand balled up into a fist, and made contact with Frank’s face. He reeled back and I went to punch him again, but I was pulled back.

“Mikey! Stop!” someone shouted.

“No! It’s all his fucking fault!” I struggled to get free from the ones holding onto me.

“Mikey, come with me,” Gerard said.

He was the one holding onto me by my waist. He pulled me back inside with him and Ana. My voice went into overdrive.

“He doesn’t care. He doesn’t fucking care! He wanted this to happen! It’s all his fault. He deserves to fucking die for what he did. He needs to burn in hell. I hate him! I hate him!”

“Mikey, please calm down,” Ana pleaded with me.

“I can’t. He killed her. He made her do this. I can’t take it anymore. He hurt her!”

“Mikey!” Gerard slapped me, and I stopped talking. “Calm down. Frank is stubborn. Trust me. It’ll hit him, and he’ll be just as upset as you are. You need to take a deep breath and settle down, now.”

I took a few deep breaths and sat down. I regained myself, right as the doctor came. Oh great, more bad news.At least I was prepared for it.

“I’m doctor Bradshaw. I am sorry to say this, but she is gone. She overdosed on
painkillers, and sleeping pills, mixed with alcohol. We estimated her time of death at about twelve-ten A.M. Which of you is her husband?”

“I am.” I stood up.

“You’d best come with me.”

“Whatever you have to say, you can say it in front of my brother and my friends.”

“Did you know she was pregnant?”

“What?” My eyes opened wide.

“She was one month pregnant.”

Oh, Frank. I swear I will fucking kill you.I almost fainted right there. That hit me like a brick in my face.

“Oh, God.”

“Again. I am very sorry for your loss. If there’s anything, anything at all, let me know.” He walked away at that.

“She was pregnant?” Ana asked.

“It wasn’t mine,” I said. “We’ve protected.”

“I’ll kill Frank!” Gerard got up.

“No! You made me calm down, now you calm down.” I grabbed his arm. “At least, let me talk to him.”

I got up and went outside. Frank was sitting on the stairs, his head hanging. His shoulders shook slightly. Emily was rubbing his back, but she looked angry. Bob and Colleen saw me, and headed back inside.

“Bob had a few choice words to share with Frank,” Colleen said.

“He’s crying now,” Bob said.

They went inside, and Emily followed a moment later. Frank must’ve known I was standing there.

“Mikey…I…” He turned to me.

His cheek was swollen, and his cheeks tear-stained. It hit him. He was crushed now. I sighed.

“She was a month pregnant,” I said.

“Mother fucker,” he said quietly. “She’s dead?”

“Yes. Overdosed on painkillers, and sleeping pills. You wanna read the note? I can’t say you’ll like it though.”

“No. I can’t bring myself to read that right now. God, I just…Ugh. I can’t believe this is happening. Words can’t explain how I feel right now.”

“Well, I want you to know, I don’t know if I can ever fully forgive you for this.”

“What did I do?”

“You raped her a month ago! She was carrying your child! She killed herself because of it!”

Each word I said cut through him. He held his head again and started sobbing.

“We…have to…have to…bury her now…I…I don’t…think…I can handle it…” he said through his sobs.

“Oh, and you think it’ll be peachy for me? I have to explain to our son that his mother is dead!”

“Mikey, I’m sorry! I can’t help it! She was my fucking sister!”

“Then why did you even have sex with her in the first place? You should have kicked her out of your room.”

“I know. I know. Don’t you think I regret it!? I regret it every damn day of my life!”

“Well, I have the note if you ever want to read it.” I turned and headed back inside.