Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Five: "Summer's Over Already?"

Chapter Five: "Summer's Over Already?"

"Lisa, time to wake up," someone's soft voice whispered to me.

"No," I grumbled.

"Yes. You start school today," Bob said, pulling the covers off me.

I grumbled. Getting up at 6:30 am was never my forte. I am the worst morning person. I hate waking up when there's only three numbers on the clock. I trudged out of the room, down the hall, and into the bathroom. I took a shower, dried my freshly-dyed-to-burgundy hair, straightened it, and went for my makeup. I put on some black eye liner, and some hot pink eye shadow. I grabbed a pair of jeans, a Green Day shirt, and my black chucks. I got dressed and went out for some breakfast.

"Good morning," Helen said.

"Morning," I said back.

"Ready for your first day of school?" David asked.

"No," I said, being somewhat sarcastic.

The doorbell rang.

"That be Colleen," Bob said, running to the door. "Lisa! Come on, you gotta go
now!" he shouted over his shoulder.

I grabbed my bag, said bye to David and Helen, and headed to the door.

"Whoa! PDA, you two!" I said.

"Come on, Lis, let's get you to school," Colleen said. She was dressed similar to me, jeans, random t-shirt, and she had pink chucks on.

"See you later. Colleen, you take care of her," Bob said, giving me a hug.

"Oh, come on. I always take care of everything," she said.

We walked to her car and I climbed in.

"Don't worry, it's not a bad school. The people are cool," she said. "I may seem like I have a ton of friends because I talk a lot, but I only have like three best friends. Well, four, including you." She smiled.

I just smiled back, and stared out the window. Colleen pulled into the parking lot. I climbed out of the car. School. Starting already. That meant summer was over. I sighed. New school: I might as well make the best of it. I'm probably gonna be here for four years, unless I get shipped off again, or I decide to drop out. I sighed again as I followed Colleen inside. She took me to the office to get my schedule and my books. Colleen requested that I take the empty locker next to hers. Even though each class had their set of lockers, they okayed it. Colleen showed me to my locker and helped me get it open.

"I'll be right back. Two of my friends are in the bathroom, I'm gonna go get them and drag them out," she said, walking away.

I started organizing my books in my locker, when I noticed that someone was standing near me. I looked up at a guy who had long hair. He looked kind of dirty, like he hadn't showered in a week. But he didn't smell bad.

"You have freshmen books, why are you in the senior hallway?" he asked.

"I'm new. My brother's girlfriend, Colleen, asked if I could have the empty locker next to hers," I said quietly.

"Ah, you know Colleen? Enough said, you're cool in my book. I'm Bert," he said, leaning on the lockers.

"Lisa. Yeah, I moved here over the summer, I live with Bob."

"Yeah, Bob's cool. I talked to him a couple times. He did mention his family
adopting someone. I assume that's you?"

"Yeah. Long story." I concentrated more on putting my stuff away then looking at him.

"Did you do something illegal?" he asked as if he already knew it.

"Yeah," I said, barely above a whisper.

"Oohh. Enlighten me."

"Umm....it's rather personal. I don't want to tell anyone," I said, closing my locker and picking up my stuff.

"Hey! Look, a new girl with Freshie books!" some random person shouted.

"Hey! Shut up!" Bert yelled. "She's new here. I got a friend helping her out!" he
continued to yell at them. "Sorry. Some of the seniors here are jerks. I've already yelled at three this morning, and almost punched one. And it's the first day of school."

"I just ignore them. I've been made fun of enough," I said. "Don't ask, cause I won't tell."

"Okay. I won't."

"Oh, I see you met Bert," Colleen said behind me.

"Yep," I said, turning, and seeing Colleen with two other girls.

The pale one with long blonde hair and heavily lined eyes like mine went over to Bert, hugged and kissed him.

"That's Chelsea. As you can see, they're a couple. Chelsea's a junior, just turned seventeen, and Bert's nineteen. Super-senior," Colleen said.

"Yeah, I'm super," Bert said.

"Yeah, that's why you're now hanging with a bunch of chicks instead of your guy friends that all graduated," the other girl said. She was a little shorter than I was, with brown eyes, and curly hair. "I'm Ana," she said.

"I'm Lisa. I guess I'm the baby of the group, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. We're all seniors, except for Chelsea, and you," Colleen said as a bell rang. "Ooh, lemme see the schedule." She took it and looked it over for a moment. "History, room 333. That's right by my first class too. Psychology, I'm two rooms down from you."

"Well, I guess this is where we say goodbye then. Cause the three of us are headed to the third floor," Ana said.

"See you guys at lunch," Colleen said. "Come on, Lis." We started walking, and she looked over my schedule some more. "Cool, you're in lunch with us. And I'm the leader in your gym class. Juniors and Seniors get the option to take gym leadership for the Freshmen and Sophomores. I get to lead your class," she said.

"Cool," I said.

"I'll see you later," she said as we arrived at our rooms. "Don't worry. You have a really cool teacher. He'll like you, cause he's a music freak too. He's the sponsor of our battle of the bands. Bert and his band won that last year," she said, giving me a quick hug.

I said bye and headed into my history class. She was right, the teacher was cool. He was funny too. While he took attendance, he would just stare at the kid just to get the name with the right face or something. A bunch of kids would crack up as he did this. I just looked between him and the desk, wearing a smile, finally starting to get into a good mood.


^that thing about the history teacher....it's true. When i was a junior...my history teacher did that.......although I cracked up......cause when someone stares at me....lol yeah...enjoy...