Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Six: "Confessions Of A Little Sister."

School, so much fun. Not. It was worse than ever. No, no one made fun of me, I just didn't enjoy it. Colleen tried to cheer me up by giving me a piggy-back ride after school and told me that it was only the first day. I shrugged it off, and was in a little better mood when I got home. I walked in and past Bob, going for my room. I didn't even bother to answer him when he asked how school was. I hopped on my bed and laid down. Shadow, the dog, a Siberian Husky, bounded in and jumped up, laying next to me. I patted his head, staring at the ceiling.

"You ok?" Bob asked from my doorway.

"Yeah. School was just crappy," I said with a sigh.

"No one made fun of you did they?" he asked, taking a seat by me.

"No, it was just not enjoyable. My history teacher's cool, but that's about it. The only new friends I made were Colleen's friends. At least one of them is a junior, so I'll only have two school years of being alone."

"Don't sweat it, kiddo. You'll make friends," he said.

"Not likely. I didn't have many friends at my old school, and that kind of led to the reason I was shipped off here..." I paused. "Do you wanna know?"

"I do, but I don't want to make you say it if you don't want to," he said, looking at me with some sadness, and questioning in his eyes.

"If you really wanna know, I have no problem telling you. I've known you long enough to gain some trust in you. I know you wouldn't tell anyone," I said.

He got up and went to close my door. He came back and sat down by me. "If you have no problem with telling me, go on ahead."

"The actual incident happened about two weeks before I got here. All through school, I just had low self-esteem. All my best friends had guys, and I didn't. It's not like they ignored me, because they were still really awesome to me. I just felt left out, like a third wheel type thing. They all were getting their first kisses, and I was just stuck. One day, my brother and I went to the park, and I was just poking fun at him, asking about the girls he'd sneak into the house at night, and blah, blah, blah. We started talking about kissing, and out of the blue, I asked him to kiss me..."

"Whoa. I think I know where this might be going," he said.

"Yeah. I would sneak into his room every night, and lock the door. Of course, the night I lost my virginity to my older brother was the night I forgot to lock the door. Our parents walked in and caught us. Frank ran out of the house, and that's the last I saw of him," I said, finally breaking down into tears.

Bob hugged me, trying to calm me down. I was embarrassed and ashamed. He probably thought I was some sick slut. He probably didn't want to look at me anymore. He's probably already dialing the number to the nearest mental institution. I just had to ask.

"Do you think I'm sick now?" I asked.

"No. I mean, it's not like this kind of thing happens every day. I don't think any different of you. But, doesn't it feel a little better to get it off your chest?" he asked, still hugging me.

"Actually, yes it does," I said, taking a deep breath.

"I won't tell a soul. I promise," he said. "You should take a nap, you'll feel better tonight."

"Thanks," I said as he got up taking Shadow with him. "Bob? Love you, like a brother." I smiled.

"Right back at you, sis." He winked and walked out, closing my door behind him.

I sighed and laid back down, kicking off my shoes. I laid on my side, staring at
the pictures on my nightstand. I keep looking at Frank.

"I miss you, so much, Frank," I thought out loud. "I wanna see you again, talk to you, something," I whispered, as tears started to fall again.

I then caught sight of the phone in my room. I thought for a moment, and picked it up. I dialed Frank's cell phone number, hoping he didn't change it.

"Hello?" someone answered, unfamiliar with the number that was dialing them.