Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Eight: "Bob, You'reLeaving Too?"

Chapter Eight: "Bob, You're Leaving Too?"

About two and a half years have passed by. I just turned sixteen. Life was different. I never did try calling Frank back after that one night. Within weeks after that night, I slowly forgot about my past, and I started focusing on the future. I was happier, no doubt. I had made friends at school. Bert had finally graduated. He graduated with Colleen and Ana, when they did. Chelsea had graduated when she was supposed to also. It was the summer before my junior year. I had gotten way closer to Bob, who was now 23 years old. People grow up so fast. It was this summer that I got news I really didn't want to hear.

"I got a job in the music world," Bob said. "I'm gonna be a drum tech. I get to tour with bands and stuff. I also found an apartment, so I'll be moving out. And Colleen, I hope you'll move in with me."

"Yeah, I will," she said, hugging him.

"So, wait, that means you're leaving?" I asked.

"Don't worry. The apartment isn't too far away, and when I'm off a tour, you can stay with us," he said.

"I think it's great, Bob," Helen said.

"Is it just one band, or more?" David asked.

"Well, Bert's band, The Used, the band that won the Battle Of The Bands three years ago, they got a record deal, so I'll be working with them. I'm gonna be a sound guy,
something like that. It's really cool," he said.

"It sounds cool," I said, trying not to show my sadness. "So, when are you
moving out?" I asked.

"This weekend," he said. "Don't worry. I swear, it's barely a five minute drive from here." He hugged me. "I'll stop here everyday when I'm home."

"When's the first tour?" I asked.

"Next month they leave for their first tour. They're touring with some new band
that I've never heard of, and they haven't really either. I think Bert said the name of the band is something like My Chemical Romance? Something like that."

"Sounds kinda cool. I should google them," I said, holding my growling stomach.

"Hungry?" Bob asked.

"Yeah."

"You should get the rest of your friends and you all should go get a good dinner. On us," Helen said, handing Bob some money.

"Mom, please, I insist that you stop paying for our stuff," Bob said, smiling. "I appreciate it, but I got money. Come on, Lis." He put his arm over my shoulders and we headed out.

I was sad that he would be leaving, but I didn't show it. I guess because I was turning my life around and getting out of my quiet, depressed shell, and I didn't want anyone to see me turn back around. We picked up the other four, and went out to eat. We hung out, talked, laughed, and lots of other stuff. Eventually, we made it back home.

"Lisa, someone called here, looking for you. He didn't leave his name though. It was a cell number. It should still be on the caller I.D," Helen said.

"Oh, okay," I went to the phone and looked through the I.D.

I saw the number, and the phone crashed onto the floor. Everyone looked at me worriedly. Embarrassed, I put the phone back on it's charger and went straight for my room, locking my door and sitting on my bed.

"No, it can't be. How did he get the number?" I asked myself. "Not now, why is this happening now? Should I call him back? No. Don't. He didn't recognize you the first time. He doesn't deserve it." I was talking to myself in a whisper. Eventually, I grabbed my pillow and buried my face in it. "Why does everything fucking crazy have to happen to me!?" I shouted into it.

That felt good. I needed that. I changed into my pajamas and climbed in my bed, drifting off to sleep.