Status: New layout :D I hope you all like it, I worked hard on it.

God Knows You're on My Mind.

Shake It Out.

The phone rang, which caused Piper to wake up out of her little 'power' nap. Sitting up, she grabbed the phone and answered it, her voice coming out in a tired tone.

"Hello?" She asked into the receiver.

"Hey, Pip. It's Derek." Derek's voice came back out, it sounded happy. "You tired? I can let you sleep." He said.

"No, I just woke up from a nap, actually." Piper laughed a small laugh then, and ran her fingers through her hair. It was silent on the other line, Did Johnny tell him I kissed him, err, he kissed me? Piper thought.

"Oh, well. I'll be over in a half hour to an hour, my mom is making pancakes and waffles, and so.. I'll see you there, later Pip." And that was that, the other line went dead. Piper held the phone up to her ear until that annoying, long and drug out beep became louder. Sighing, and with an uncertain hand, Piper pressed the red end button and ran her hands down her face, groaning.

"Piper?" Came a faint voice outside of her door, then a knock.

"Yeah, come in." Piper replied to the voice, of course she knew it was Johnny again. Watching as he walked in, Piper tried not to groan again. "What time is it, by the way? this stupid clock isn't plugged in and the phone won't tell me." She said, fiddling with the antenna on the top of the phone.

"It's only eight in the morning, I woke up at four and I couldn't sleep. I've been lying in bed thinking about everything for the past four hours. And I've never had that much time to think, so a lot of emotions came out. I feel like a girl- I think." Johnny said, which caused Piper to smile a bit. Johnny seemed to have made her feel a bit less-stressed, but then a bit more regretful.

"Johnny boy, look. What happened yesterday, it wasn't.. I wasn't ready for it. I was caught off guard, that's why I was acting so weird. I just needed time to think, and I thought and finally decided that it's okay if you like me, or if you got your mind all confused, but.. I just don't want you to kiss me unless you warn me first," Piper said, smiling a crooked smile. Piper hoped Johnny didn't get the wrong idea that it was okay to kiss her whenever he pleased as long as he asked. That wasn't what she meant, really.

"Yeah, I was gonna say I'm sorry about what happened, really. I just, I don't know what I was feeling so I just kissed you. It won't happen unless you want it to ever again, I promise." Johnny replied, looking down at his shoes. "I was gonna go to the library and read, you wanna come? Or are you gonna hang with Derek?" He added.

"Well, I was thinking about going to hang out with Derek down at the lot, or up in the tree house, but.. I'm not sure what I wanna do. I have to wait for Derek to come here." Running her fingers through her red hair really quickly, Piper looked up and smiled a big smile at Johnny.

"Oh, he's coming here? Hmm, let's just hang out. I'm up for it, then later I can go to the library and sulk, reading books." Johnny said, smiling a crooked and teasing smile. Piper knew he didn't really mean the 'sulk' part. "Well, I'll go. Oh by the way, your parents aren't here. They're at the church." Johnny added, turning around. Piper had forgotten that the previous day had been Saturday.

"Alright, thanks Johnny Boy. I'll see you when I'm down, won't be long." Piper said, watching the door close quietly and slowly. Making sure the door latched, Piper sighed and fell back onto her bed, holding the phone to her chest.

~~~~
An hour and a half had passed and Derek was at Piper's house, the three of them sitting on the green grass of Piper's back yard. They were silent, for the most part. It all seemed awkward, Derek's pinky, latched onto Piper's behind their backs, not in view of Johnny, and Johnny's eyes wandering over Piper every now and again.

Piper felt awkward, if she had the opportunity to get up and run, she would. But she kept her cool, trying not to radiate the un-eased feeling she had.

“So, guys, it’s hot. You guys wanna go down to the lake? Jump off the docks?” Piper finally spoke, glaring up at the sun. It made her want to sneeze.

“That sounds like fun.” Derek said, smiling at her. Johnny nodded, shrugging.

“I suppose so, I mean. It is hot, and I feel like swimmin’.” Johnny nodded again.

"Yeah. I feel like swimming, too." Piper laughed, getting up. Once her pinky left Derek's, she sighed a non-audible sigh and brushed off her legs. "Let's go!" She smiled huge, turning around. She figured why the hell not? She already had on her bikini under her summer attire. All the boys needed to do were take their shirts off, which Piper actually did look forward to.

"To the lake!" Derek yelled, hopping up. He helped Johnny up, then they all three headed out of Piper's backyard, jumping the fence to escape from the dreadfully silent home of Piper Rose. The lake wasn't far away, which made the walk there a little less-awkward than what the case was at Piper‘s house.

The three friends headed off into the after-noon sun, the lake being the number one priority and what events were going to go down while at the lake lingered on the back of all their minds.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY. Sorry, I've been HELLA busy with school and stuff :3